Oct. 25, Rangers vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

What a start to the season. They look unflappable. Another loss at the Bell Center for Lundqvist. The Rangers without Stepan, and Richards have some holes in their lineup. I didn't even know Matt Hunwick wad still in the league. I remember how bad he was for Boston.

Despite the great record to start the season, this is probably the first time they played a complete game and Price was the dominant Price we need. Great effort by almost every player tonight!

Geez, looking at that Rangers' line-up it's rather hard to believe they went to the Finals last season. Alain Vigneault is the man.

yes, not a great team by any means ............... but handled the habs in the semis no problem.

hopefully MT learned a thing or two from Venieault

Looks like Gally got concussed, hope it's not bad.

Great play by Weise!

Gally ok.

Really like the minus of Gionta and Gorges on the pk.

this was a very good game by a good team. But come on how come no come back in the 3rd? we have gotten used to them waking up in the 3rd. (gotta complain about something) In other words no complaints.

I liked the third line tonight. Even before the goal, they pressed hard and created scoring chances. Galchenyuk is starting to realize how good he is. This kid is gonna be the Habs best forward since Lafleur. Unbelievable skill. I just wish some of his beutiful plays would result in more goals.

Need more of that from Eller.

Also, proof that MT needs to never bench Weise.

Throwing Weise up with Patches for that last goal--that's the type of thing I expected to see more of on occasion this year.

Like the solid lines. MT for the last two seasons juggled the lines game to game, period to period looking to get someone to play well with pleks and gionta. Nobody ever did. Now the third and fourth lines can actually become "lines"

When the Eller line comes to play, this team is very, very hard to beat. Three lines that can kill you.

Pacioretty was a monster.

How 'bout that Carey Price too. What a beast.

Nice win!

Emelin led icetime (26:06) +2, 3hits 3 blocks; while 76-79 played a nice 23minutes.

Weise likely wont be a scratch next game and I still think Pacioretty on the PK is a good deal and dangerous for opposition.

Look who is #2 faceoff team in league;

Malhotra 67.5%

DD is 84% on PP faceoffs; while, Plekanec @47.5% is sucking worse than career norm and will never be good at it (bout his only weakness every year).

I wouldn't scratch Tinordi for Beaulieu, but do you maybe sit Weaver to give Beaulieu a game, even if screw up RH-LH balance and let the 2 young-d play a game together in Alberta?

(Mixed 'conditioning stint' in Hamilton for Beaulieu had a goal and was 3rd star in 1st AHL game, not a star yesterday and supposedly not all Dog fans overly sad to see him called up, but I am not a big fan neither so bit biased)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." a.e.

Not many calling for Therrien's head today, but that may just be a loss or two away.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." a.e.

Not many calling for Therrien's head today, but that may just be a loss or two away.

He hasn't really done any of the things that drive people nuts. May be he got off the Scotch. He has acted like a real coach, but ya know it is early in the season, he will have his ups and downs. I may never really take a shine to him, but I can't complain about anything I have seen this year. At this moment he looks like a coach of the year candidate.

Right on.

Still way too early to be nominating for trophy's :nuts:, but like the way you are thinkin!

But, I like that they are banking points for making playoffs, the play of most guys on roster, the young Russian kid there..#27 and I really haven't had any real beef with new management since they took over (cept maybe coaching choices for Hamilton).

Attended the Bulldogs game this afternoon. 5-2 loss. Granted it was the third game in the three days, but uh ....they looked awful. New players this year, but they played the same way as they did last year. Bad powerplay, bad line changing, no system that any of us in the stands can see. Dumont the second star and best dog of the game. (Like most home games last year). One obvious difference was in net. No Tokarski,, Macdonald let in three softies. Team have not won a home game yet. Hudon quick, but small and got banged around today. Beuileau and Bournival did not play. Just one game but looked an awful lot like last years bulldogs.

Right on.

Still way too early to be nominating for trophy's :nuts:, but like the way you are thinkin!

But, I like that they are banking points for making playoffs, the play of most guys on roster, the young Russian kid there..#27 and I really haven't had any real beef with new management since they took over (cept maybe coaching choices for Hamilton).

I'm just flat out impressed with virtually everything about this team. That I'm not informed enough to criticize intelligently in any case, probably helps... :blush:

Attended the Bulldogs game this afternoon. 5-2 loss. Granted it was the third game in the three days, but uh ....they looked awful. New players this year, but they played the same way as they did last year. Bad powerplay, bad line changing, no system that any of us in the stands can see. Dumont the second star and best dog of the game. (Like most home games last year). One obvious difference was in net. No Tokarski,, Macdonald let in three softies. Team have not won a home game yet. Hudon quick, but small and got banged around today. Beuileau and Bournival did not play. Just one game but looked an awful lot like last years bulldogs.

Thanks for the report. In case you didn't know, we do have Bulldogs game threads as well in the prospects subforum. (For anyone on here that didn't know this already, it's a good way to keep tabs on some of the prospects...and whatever odd/dumb ideas Sylvain Lefebvre comes up with next.)

As for Beaulieu/Bournival, they were scratched as they're en route to rejoin the Habs in Edmonton as planned.