Habs sign College Free Agent Daniel Carr and Draft Pick Connor Crisp

Commandant

Can Carr now suit up for Wheeling, who are up 3-0 in their playoff series.

I don't think so but I'm not that familiar with ECHL playoff eligibility rules. At best, he could be an emergency replacement but that would only occur if Wheeling drops under 16 skaters.

Some quotes from Carr on why he chose the Habs:

"There’s good leadership at the helm. There’s good leadership everywhere in the NHL, so I’m not taking anything away from anyone else. But when you hear it from the players and other management saying that’s why they’re there, that’s a good sign.

“The culture in Montreal is exceptional. The other thing is being Canadian, you have a very, very good and strong appreciation for the history that the Montreal Canadiens have. It’s just an honor to be a part of it.”

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/schott/2014/apr/24/unions-carr-signs-canadiens/

I don't think so but I'm not that familiar with ECHL playoff eligibility rules. At best, he could be an emergency replacement but that would only occur if Wheeling drops under 16 skaters.

Sure thanks.

Just thought since he hasn't played AHL yet, that he may be eligible to be parachuted in for playoffs. Same as recently signed NCAA guys can jump right into NHL playoffs if need be cant they?

Same as recently signed NCAA guys can jump right into NHL playoffs if need be cant they?

Nope. If the player isn't signed by the trade deadline, they're ineligible for the playoffs. That's why there was the big push to get Kristo inked quickly last year, in case they needed him in the postseason.

Contracts:

Carr (cap hit $925,000):

14-15: $70,000 AHL salary, $792,500 NHL salary, $132,500 performance bonuses, $92,500 signing bonus.

15-16: $70,000 AHL salary, $892,500 NHL salary, $32,500 performance bonuses, $92,500 signing bonus.

Crisp (cap hit $800,000):

14-15: $70,000 AHL salary, $630,000 NHL salary, $170,000 performance bonuses, $80,000 signing bonus.

15-16: $70,000 AHL salary, $655,000 NHL salary, $145,000 performance bonuses, $80,000 signing bonus.

16-17: $70,000 AHL salary, $655,000 NHL salary, $145,000 performance bonuses, $80,000 signing bonus.

Sounds a lot more promising than any NCAA selection, using this venue, we made in years. Was Carr in Commandant's list of potential suspects. Anybody have Union winning?

Yes he was.

The scouting report in the article i posted is copied directly from that list of potential UFA guys.

I didn't do a pure ranking, I did the top 40 in alphabetical order. If I did do a ranking he would have been somewhere from 8-12.

He was one guy i said was guaranteed to get an ELC and not an ATO.

On top of the offensive game I wrote about, his defensive game is good, which is what makes him attractive here. The chances these kids become 1st line scorers is rare, but here is a kid who could develop into a guy who can provide secondary offence and play strong defence on a third line if things go well. He's not a one-dimensional player.

Yes he was.

The scouting report in the article i posted is copied directly from that list of potential UFA guys.

I didn't do a pure ranking, I did the top 40 in alphabetical order. If I did do a ranking he would have been somewhere from 8-12.

He was one guy i said was guaranteed to get an ELC and not an ATO.

On top of the offensive game I wrote about, his defensive game is good, which is what makes him attractive here. The chances these kids become 1st line scorers is rare, but here is a kid who could develop into a guy who can provide secondary offence and play strong defence on a third line if things go well. He's not a one-dimensional player.

Thanx Commandant--- Don't always agree but always appreciate. Good work.