2012 playoff pool

sakiqc

My approach is a balance between being idiot and all-in.

If BOS-VAN meet in the finals, I have almost a full lineup whil if TB-SJ meet in the finals, I have 4 players only.

That's my exact breakdown as well, minimum of 4, max of 8 for the 4th round. Interesting to see others following my winning strategy from last year... :)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Though my strategy obviously wasn't going to let me win the pool (I don't think there was one out there that could), it's worked out pretty well. Despite having only 8 of a possible 12 players available this round, I've moved up over 26,000 spots since the start of round 3 and heading into tonight's Game 5, still moved up around 8,000 spots since the Finals started. At least I'll have a semi-respectable finish now.

My strategy worked and I was able to win the Habsworld Pool. Picked all Vancouver and Boston players. I finished 4322nd in the whole CBC pool which i guess isn't so bad considering how many people were actually playing. Now I have something to defend next year ;)

My strategy worked and I was able to win the Habsworld Pool. Picked all Vancouver and Boston players. I finished 4322nd in the whole CBC pool which i guess isn't so bad considering how many people were actually playing. Now I have something to defend next year ;)

Congrats. My strategy worked too, I had the same number of points as you did in this round despite having 2 players from Tampa and San Jose. I moved up over 30,000 spots this round, just fell shy of the top 10,000.

• 9 months later...

Any playoff pool this year?

I'm trying to get it running...keeps timing out every time I try to create it. I'll probably give it another go after I write my Sunday column for the site.

9 PM edit: Screen still goes blank when I go to register the league.

I'm trying to get it running...keeps timing out every time I try to create it. I'll probably give it another go after I write my Sunday column for the site.

9 PM edit: Screen still goes blank when I go to register the league.

Could it be the browser you are using? Probably a dumb suggestion but I find each browser acts differently on websites.

I've tried on IE (normal and compatibility modes) and Firefox to no avail. I'll give it a go from work tomorrow.

Thats strange. Thanks for putting in the effort. Its much appreciated.

Don't forget you get to change after the 1st round (and the 2nd round as well), not sure if that affects your strategy or not.

I know how it works. Was in the last 2 pools we've done.

Don't you remember this Brian ? :)

QUOTE (dlbalr @ Apr 21 2010, 11:26 AM)

Joe is kinda running away with it though, lol

QUOTE (jetsniper @ Apr 21 2010, 03:35 PM)

Imagine if I my dmen would not suck that much. Boyle has 6 pts (that's because I "superstared" him, Green and Carle have 1 each and Edler 0 !!!

I am MAYBE running with the first round, but the war isn't over...

JoeLassister killing us big time.

totally forgot to send picks in. good luck guys...