Injury news

Commandant

• 2 weeks later...

Emelin is day to day. Tinordi will take his place against Philadelphia.

I wonder what they will go with.

Tinordi - Subban? Markov - Subban and then Tinordi - Gilbert? Markov - Subban and Beaulieu - Gilbert and then Tinordi - Weaver? Maybe even Beaulieu - Subban?

Emelin is day to day. Tinordi will take his place against Philadelphia.

I wonder what they will go with.

Tinordi - Subban? Markov - Subban and then Tinordi - Gilbert? Markov - Subban and Beaulieu - Gilbert and then Tinordi - Weaver? Maybe even Beaulieu - Subban?

Assuming it's just a DTD thing for Emelin, I'd imagine Markov moves up with Subban and Beaulieu goes with Gilbert. If it's going to be a few weeks (and there's no indication of that so far), then they may be inclined to try one of the youngsters with Subban.

Like Tokarski going last night, I am happy to see the youngsters rotating into the lineup early in the season. However, I wish it was not at the expense an injury.

I have liked Beaulieu's games so far, he furiously tries to get the puck out, and works hard in his own end to make good plays, doesn't always work out, but it doesn't always work out for any defenseman, that's the nature of things....

He is going to be a great top 4 guy very soon I believe...

I didn't see the Washington game so I should probably shut up, but Beaulieu seems to have done nicely in protected minutes so far. I also think he looks cool out there - his scrawny frame seems like a throwback to the era before every player was padded up in armour like a linebacker.

• 4 weeks later...

too bad for the kid.

Gives MB more time to make a move now though.

It probably won't affect anything trade-wise. Had he not gotten hurt, Bournival still would have been out of the lineup more often than not anyways. If they're pursuing a trade for a forward, this injury should have no effect on how hard and when they go after one.

I loved Bournival when he first came up last year. But really, without any disrespect meant toward the kid, this is about as low-impact an injury as we could have in terms of the team game plan.

I loved Bournival when he first came up last year. But really, without any disrespect meant toward the kid, this is about as low-impact an injury as we could have in terms of the team game plan.

He reminds me of Tommy Pyatt. A player that helps in a few areas but adds nothing to the score sheet. Both of those guys are still better than an empty jersey like Colby Armstrong.

He reminds me of Tommy Pyatt. A player that helps in a few areas but adds nothing to the score sheet. Both of those guys are still better than an empty jersey like Colby Armstrong.

Well, in his first burst of rookie enthusiasm, he actually contributed offensively, as I recall. For a few weeks there he looked like a potential 2nd-liner! But ever since he has settled back into his natural level, i.e., some sort of bottom-6 energy player. Nothing against him, but he'll need to show more if he expects the team to miss his presence when he's out.

Bournival was always an average player with an elevated work ethic and great physique so he'd do a little more than guys with more skill. He's a workhorse but man does he have no shot accuracy. He just shoots at the goalie every time in hopes for a rebound.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure of this should be in the prospects area, but apparently scherbak was just stretchered off the ice in a whl game. He was having a great start... Hope this is only a minor scare and not a neck injury.

Not sure of this should be in the prospects area, but apparently scherbak was just stretchered off the ice in a whl game. He was having a great start... Hope this is only a minor scare and not a neck injury.

according to the team he has full movement and it looks like he will be ok.