When does Therrien get fired?

habs rule

Guest Stogey24

Well, just to be goofy, how bout the #1 scoring d-man since last Jan. Or 2nd best in last 15? Which other team would complain or say he is in a slump offensively?

I would say he is still maturing and the coachs do not put him on a penalty kill for good reason I assume, maybe he dosent shot block well or something, I am not real sure why?

I'm glad P.K isn't on the P.K ;). The shot blocking produces so many injuries.

I'm glad P.K isn't on the P.K ;). The shot blocking produces so many injuries.

Yes and for sure his health is of vital importance to this team (as vital as Price maybe?).

And maybe is a good thing he sits during PKs?

Guest Stogey24

Yes and for sure his health is of vital importance to this team (as vital as Price maybe?).

And maybe is a good thing he sits during PKs?

Yep

Well, apparently PK is knocking everybody over at practice playing hard and with an edge. Hopefully he does that against St. Louis and pots a couple goals. I would be just fine if MT proves me wrong and actually has PK going in the right direction.

If he puts DD back in the lineup he should be fired immediately.

There's going to come a time where that happens. They're not going to make him a healthy scratch for the next 315 games (until his contract is up) and they won't bury him in the AHL without giving him another chance - to respond to the benching.

Also, welcome to HW.

There's going to come a time where that happens. They're not going to make him a healthy scratch for the next 315 games (until his contract is up) and they won't bury him in the AHL without giving him another chance - to respond to the benching.

Also, welcome to HW.

But if he remains as the boatanchor on every line he is on.

Will Bergevin bite the bullet, admit he screwed up with term and waive him to the AHL, if Galchenyuk does well at centre, Leblanc is effective and stays on roster after Prust is back?

IF DD lights up AHL it may be good for everyone, even himself?

But if he remains as the boatanchor on every line he is on.

Will Bergevin bite the bullet, admit he screwed up with term and waive him to the AHL, if Galchenyuk does well at centre, Leblanc is effective and stays on roster after Prust is back?

IF DD lights up AHL it may be good for everyone, even himself?

Certainly a possibility. I suspect that won't come until he plays another game or two after getting benched, struggling, getting benched for a longer term, and getting a chance after that benching. They made a 4 year commitment to him, they'll give him every chance to play himself out of this.

Tony Marinaro mentioned that PK wasn't on the ice for the final 4 minutes of regulation... is Therrien in one of his drunken stupors?

He was on the ice with about 6:30 minutes to play.

At 6:00 to play he took a hit from behind from Reaves and drew a penalty.

He stayed out nearly the full two minutes of the PP.

He played like 2 straight minutes at that point.... and then we question why he needed a rest?

• Upvote 1

He doesn't play Penalty Kill, but plays huge minutes on the PP.

When games like today (more PK time than PP time) happen, his minutes are lower.

I think we saw why he doesn't kill many penalties tonight. Do you want to see him injured blocking a shot?

A rest, sure, but the final four minutes of the game? He had less than a minute more icetime than Bouillon. Does Therrien sincerely sincerely sincerely view him as our #4 defenseman?

Good Grief. PK was obviously hurting from the blocked shot and being boarded and then played nearly the full 2 min on the powerplay. He is a thourbred but you don't ride him til he drops. Give MT a break.

• Upvote 1

Therrian cant help Tomas and rest of Hab centres win faceoffs.

But Habs still tied a strong opposing team, who give most coachs fits to match-up against.

He doesn't play Penalty Kill, but plays huge minutes on the PP.

When games like today (more PK time than PP time) happen, his minutes are lower.

I think we saw why he doesn't kill many penalties tonight. Do you want to see him injured blocking a shot?

He can get injured in many ways, I don't think protecting him from injury should be the main the priority of the coaching staff (and I doubt it's the reason he's not killing penalties). None of the other top defensemen in the league are protected from injury on the penalty kill.

You must recall that we had only one powerplay, so his 'huge minutes' were not in fact that huge. When PK Subban, Norris trophy winner, has fewer minutes than Gorges and Diaz, that's a problem. He's our best player, and you play your best player, you don't bench him in a close game because he could get injured if he's on the ice.

He played like 2 straight minutes at that point.... and then we question why he needed a rest?

For the past 4-5 games, PK has rode the bench in the 3rd when the Canadiens were nursing a small lead. It's a trend. Therrien is deliberately playing him less for some unknown reason. It's a mistake and you can't say it's benefiting the Habs. They've sucked the past 4-5 games.

For the past 4-5 games, PK has rode the bench in the 3rd when the Canadiens were nursing a small lead. It's a trend. Therrien is deliberately playing him less for some unknown reason. It's a mistake and you can't say it's benefiting the Habs. They've sucked the past 4-5 games.

Habs played OK last night and i enjoyed the game.

Why would you say they sucked yesterday?

Were out worked a bit, killed on faceoffs and out hit; but still tied a very strong team.

I'd hypothesize that he may have been a bit banged up after playing the PP immediately after getting hit. He already had to go to the room once during the game so I could honestly see him needing a rest.

He can get injured in many ways, I don't think protecting him from injury should be the main the priority of the coaching staff (and I doubt it's the reason he's not killing penalties). None of the other top defensemen in the league are protected from injury on the penalty kill.

You must recall that we had only one powerplay, so his 'huge minutes' were not in fact that huge. When PK Subban, Norris trophy winner, has fewer minutes than Gorges and Diaz, that's a problem. He's our best player, and you play your best player, you don't bench him in a close game because he could get injured if he's on the ice.

If our penalty kill was suffering without him.... theat would be a different story. But its not. Our Penalty Kill is pretty damn good even without him.

If our penalty kill was suffering without him.... theat would be a different story. But its not. Our Penalty Kill is pretty damn good even without him.

Yeah sure, but your claim about him not playing on the PK because of the injury risk blocking a shot still makes no sense.

Anyways, this discussion started because PK wasn't on the ice at the end of another close game, and my point of view is that he should be out there.

Yeah sure, but your claim about him not playing on the PK because of the injury risk blocking a shot still makes no sense.

Anyways, this discussion started because PK wasn't on the ice at the end of another close game, and my point of view is that he should be out there.

I already explained he played a 2:00 shift just before that, and he got slammed into the boards hard, from behind by Reaves on that shift.... the guy was gassed.... we want him to take the full two minutes to try and get a goal on the PP with 6 minutes to go... don't be surprised when he comes off with 4:00 left it might take 4 minutes to recover from that

It's not the first game that PK is on the bench for the final few minutes, even when we're trailing. It's a pattern from Therrien. And he should definitely end up higher than #4 on our defense in minutes played, even if it happens to be a game with few powerplays.