Borkless at the Bell Centre. Jets vs. Habs 7:30PM EST (RDS, SNE, TSN3)

This game sucks. If I had a few beers, I could easily fall asleep during this one.

Stacking the deck with Subban and Markov works about as well as Crosby and Malkin on a line in the playoffs.

The Habs are getting roughed up big time. Fear not. Gonchar is en route to the Bell Centre.

Hahahahahaha!

Hahahahahaha,.

DON says "Overdue for all the games he has kept them in.!"

As another poster said earlier, Price is our No 1 player.

Thank you Mr Bob Gainey.

Anybody else miss Kovalev? Damn he was great to watch!!

Patches plays best with Plekanec.

Subban and Markov need defensive trailers. Put Emelin back on the RD with Markov and try Tinordi with Subban. That leaves Beaulieu/Gonchar with Gilbert/Weaver.

Sekac was a top three forward for us again. I'd give Malhotra top honors for so many necessary faceoff wins and then Galchenyuk for being so dynamic.

Price and the forum ghosts share a shutout.

As crap as our powerplay is, the Jets penalty kill was so good. Give them credit, they are destroying everyone on the PK.

Subban is slumping hard. Maybe Gonchar takes some pressure off from the PP for him.

Don't remember seeing Bowman once. Saw Weise once.

Winnipeg really, really hates Gallagher.

Gilbert should shoot more. I like his snap shot. Gets to the net, great for rebounds.

Well, I couldn't watch what sounds like a snoozer due to Rogers. Judging from the boxscore and the comments on here, it sounds as though the Eller/Prust/Sekac line continued to be effective. While this has the unfortunate side-effect of leading to the usual excuse-making for Eller's past mediocrity, it's good to hear and perhaps bodes well for the future.

Somehow the team managed to bank a shutout win despite losing The Swedish Chef. Makes you think.

Thank you Mr Bob Gainey.

Not Kovalev, but maybe miss the big swede Murray, doing his Frankenstein on-skates impersonation against Byfuglien.

Patches plays best with Plekanec.

Subban and Markov need defensive trailers. Put Emelin back on the RD with Markov and try Tinordi with Subban. That leaves Beaulieu/Gonchar with Gilbert/Weaver.

Sekac was a top three forward for us again. I'd give Malhotra top honors for so many necessary faceoff wins and then Galchenyuk for being so dynamic.

Price and the forum ghosts share a shutout.

As crap as our powerplay is, the Jets penalty kill was so good. Give them credit, they are destroying everyone on the PK.

Subban is slumping hard. Maybe Gonchar takes some pressure off from the PP for him.

Don't remember seeing Bowman once. Saw Weise once.

Winnipeg really, really hates Gallagher.

Gilbert should shoot more. I like his snap shot. Gets to the net, great for rebounds.

Nice summary.

Well I thought that was a pretty good game. Hard fought, lots of chances both ways. The better team won. I am impressed with the talent wpg has. Maybe they could forget to take byufflen with them, we could just keep him. That penalty on Sekach was complete bs. Does any one find it funny that we are 1 of the most penalized teams in the league and also one of the teams with the least power plays. I know the refs are not biased (the fk I do) but it certainly looks suspicious. PK has got to get his dropsy under control, he is losing the puck all over the ice. But not to worry Gonchar is on the way for the rescue.

Not Kovalev, but maybe miss the big swede Murray, doing his Frankenstein on-skates impersonation against Byfuglien.

HAHAHAHA! A close second for sure... :rofl:

Thank you Mr Bob Gainey.

Fork yes, let's get him back to teach these guys how to stick handle and play the 1/2 boards on the pp.

This game was sure choppy enough and no thing of beauty, but a manly sort of affair, fought on the ice. And we won.

I'm actually expecting some mighty fine stuff from this gang as the season progresses, but I'll take this choppy win ... and the late post... happily...

How the hell did they miss??

Almost ironic that WE get the next goal.... :blush:

I have a bad feeling that PK spent too much time on his big contract and making the media rounds this summer. He doesn't look focused or as hungry to prove himself as past years. This might turn out to be a career worse season for him if he can't get it together soon.

Well, I couldn't watch what sounds like a snoozer due to Rogers. Judging from the boxscore and the comments on here, it sounds as though the Eller/Prust/Sekac line continued to be effective. While this has the unfortunate side-effect of leading to the usual excuse-making for Eller's past mediocrity, it's good to hear and perhaps bodes well for the future.

Somehow the team managed to bank a shutout win despite losing The Swedish Chef. Makes you think.

I was thinking about you earlier in the game... Is the Rogers $60 package from RDS, not available out your way? It's a shame that you don't get the games and all I know about hockey is what I repeat from you , dblair, and a few others.

I have a bad feeling that PK spent too much time on his big contract and making the media rounds this summer. He doesn't look focused or as hungry to prove himself as past years. This might turn out to be a career worse season for him if he can't get it together soon.

I know what you mean. I was thinking of a certain goalie who got himself a whopper of a contract and never played another good game.

I kinda think PK.. as pleasantly confident and competitive as he is, will settle in and let it roll for us. Gotta like that guy.

Just realized that this is the first game we've had with Gonchar on the team.. and we get a shutout win!

I was thinking about you earlier in the game... Is the Rogers $60 package from RDS, not available out your way? It's a shame that you don't get the games and all I know about hockey is what I repeat from you , dblair, and a few others.

Pssst it's dlbair not dblair. Just letting you know. It is tricky. :)

An odd note about Desharnais - he has been fantastic at the faceoff dot on the PP - 67.6%. That alone is going to have him out there to start the PP if he can keep that up.

He is starting to remind me of Yannic Perreault, of course that management had the good sense to get him off the ice once he took the faceoff.