April 11 Reg. Season Finale- Montreal vs Toronto

DON

Game #82 and Habs full roster & MVP goalie in, to try and clinch home ice with at least 1 point.

Habs are 5-2-3 in last 10

Prust is playing his 82nd game of year, after most wrote him off as damaged goods end of last year; but he has done his job and seems much better shape heading to the post-season this year.

Game #64 for N8 this year and I assume will be #17 for Pateryn (if Gilbert still healing?).

Subban 7points in last 5 games, Markov/Petry both with 6pts and 6 game point streaks, Plekanec alos 6pts in last 5games and even Eller chipping in with 4 in last 5.

Will they run Pacioretty-less streak to 3 W's?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*knock knock knock* <---That's me wishing Prust stays healthy...he's been a warrior all year! So everyone, knock on wood. I'm loving the Prust-Eller-Weise combo! If we can keep scoring 4 goals/game who knows where it'll take us? :thumbs_up:

I get the 'knock on wood' thing and why I would rest as many regulars as possible today, but they think they really need that extra point/home ice over just one other team, so be it.

Tampa does (relatively) suck on the road, compared to all other top teams.

I don't get why we're dressing Price for this meaningless game.

When will the NHL sked-makers recognize that the Habs' real rival is the Bruins, and stop pretending it's still 1967? Piss off, Toronto.

When will the NHL sked-makers recognize that the Habs' real rival is the Bruins, and stop pretending it's still 1967? Piss off, Toronto.

Only logic I've heard is that Price doesn't want to sit for a whole week and be cold. Other than that, I agree. Playing Price gives Toronto respect. Tokarski could have won this fine for us.

Yeah, I get it too..and quite frankly can't figure out why Tampa is so amazing at home and just average on the road? Anyhow, I'm glad we're going for the home-ice, good plan MT

Its the friggin loafs. They cant wait to get out of town. Half them know they wont even be there next season. We need all our regulars and our meal ticket number one goalie to beat the leafs and get home ice advantage.

MT's a regular season coach and he is showing it now that now....... Bowman or Lemaire would be catching hell from the league for dressing an AHL team for a game like this. Price should be nowhere near the net.

I don't get why this game is any different than any other. It's not like we're coming off a back to back game. I don't think it has anything whatsoever to do with the fact that we're playing against Toronto. We clinched the playoffs a few games ago so why all of a sudden should we rest Price for this game and not any of the others we just played? An argument can be made that sometimes it's actually a blessing in disguise to start on the road, especially if you can steal at least one of the first two games on the road... (But) I don't think there are many teams who would argue that they wouldn't want home ice advantage in as many rounds as possible. This is far from an important game but I don't agree that it's meaningless.

I don't get why this game is any different than any other. It's not like we're coming off a back to back game. I don't think it has anything whatsoever to do with the fact that we're playing against Toronto. We clinched the playoffs a few games ago so why all of a sudden should we rest Price for this game and not any of the others we just played? An argument can be made that sometimes it's actually a blessing in disguise to start on the road, especially if you can steal at least one of the first two games on the road... (But) I don't think there are many teams who would argue that they wouldn't want home ice advantage in as many rounds as possible. This is far from an important game but I don't agree that it's meaningless.

Back ups have been going in against the leafs all season long. From every team the. I'll bet the leafs face more back up goalies than any team in the NHL. They just lost 5-0 to the jackets. Heard they created ONE scoring chance all night.

If this is not a game for your back up......LMAO.......no game is!

"meaningless" maybe extreme.

Sens are playing for their season right now. On the "meaningful" game scale this would be a 10.

habs vs leafs tonight on the same scale 2.

With the way our backup has played this season, I agree.

To further that point, I would put down a lot of money that we lose tonight if Tokarski played despite what others have said.

While I think it's understandable, I also think it's irrational to think that Price will get injured just because it's the last game of the season. I woudn't have argued the move if Tokarski was put in, but if I'm the coach I'm playing for the win tonight.

Nobody is predicting he will get injured just because its the last game.............the thinking is how stupid the coach will look if he did and where the habs chances would be if he did get injured.

I'm sure it will be fine, but why risk it.

Sens up 1-0. Stone again.

I'm not understanding the frustration of having Price in the net.. this might be the most important game of the regular season..

If Montreal gets a point and then advances to play Tampa in the 2nd round, that game 7 on home ice could be HUGE.

Only logic I've heard is that Price doesn't want to sit for a whole week and be cold. Other than that, I agree. Playing Price gives Toronto respect. Tokarski could have won this fine for us.

I was thinking that trying to win the Jennings may factor in too.

Back ups have been going in against the leafs all season long. From every team the. I'll bet the leafs face more back up goalies than any team in the NHL. They just lost 5-0 to the jackets. Heard they created ONE scoring chance all night.

"meaningless" maybe extreme.

Sens are playing for their season right now. On the "meaningful" game scale this would be a 10.

habs vs leafs tonight on the same scale 2.

Based on that argument Carey deserves an easy game, no pressure, virtually a lock to win. Have you watched this team play this year? I swear any ahl team could take them to shoot out. This team has NO easy games. They seem to insist on playing down to the level of the team they are facing. They lose to bottom feeders all year long. And if the Leafs aren't bottom feeders who is ? Oh yeah Buffalo.

I'm with Molg on this one. The only logic is that price having too long a break. He has been playing three a week for 8 months. None in a week ? I'm sure MT spoke with him and was influenced a bit by Carey saying i'de rather play than sit.

But as a coach, i would sit him. ha! But thats just me and murphys law.

(If price some how got an unlikely injury it wont be MT's fault............but he'll never live it down all the same)

OK they are playing a whole bunch of sad sack losers. Let's kick some butt. Carey needs another one of those games where they don't score, can't remember what it is called.

:1gohabs::wavetowel::gohabsgo: