Habs, Sportsnet sign 3 year deal for regional games

Who do you have in mind?

I don't know, but I think James Duthie has done a pretty good job over the years in that role. I have no respect at all for Snufflupagus, the very definition of a CBC lightweight. Contrast him with what Jian Ghomeshi does on 'Q' on CBC Radio-1, it's night and day - a tolerably thoughtful and sophisticated person versus a clown.

It's really unfortunate that the tsn group is broken up. They were by far the best that Canada had to offer.Duthie, Mckenzie, Hodge, Ferraro, Dreger were all great. Cuthbert is canadas best pbp guy IMO. As others said, sportsnet continued devolving like cbc did. Looking for colorful characters instead of hockey minds. Oh well. We shall see I guess.

I don't know, but I think James Duthie has done a pretty good job over the years in that role. I have no respect at all for Snufflupagus, the very definition of a CBC lightweight. Contrast him with what Jian Ghomeshi does on 'Q' on CBC Radio-1, it's night and day - a tolerably thoughtful and sophisticated person versus a clown.

Duthie apparently was Plan A for Sportsnet but instead of bailing, he chose to re-up with TSN long-term.

We need to play the bilingual angle and complain the rds hockey was a way for us out of region guys to connect with a very important part of our culture. Western dudes writing letters to Quebec newspapers complaining about the blackouts. I personally feel as though a part of Canada has been torn from me. Leaving only a vacuum. French broadcasted nhl is the only thing which will fill it.

Does anyone know who the PBP team will be for the Habs on SN? TSN had Randorf/Johnson which was okay, but those two already have assignments elsewhere on SN.

They haven't announced it yet. I suspect Paul Romanuk and Dave Randorf will do some of the PBP at least. They're already assigned to Toronto's regional games (on top of national duties) but there are only 16 of those so the two of them could probably cover some games. I could also see their junior crew (R.J. Broadhead and Sam Cosentino) do a few as well. Given how late this deal got done, I think they won't be able to bring in a full-time team and will go with in-house options for this season, meaning we'll likely see a few different crews along the way.

Okay, ignore everything I wrote above. John Bartlett (soon to be formerly of TSN 690) is expected to be moving to Sportsnet. While not officially announced yet, presumably it's to call PBP for the regional games on the TV side.

God I hope Momesso doesn't go with him...

Bartlett and Saku Koivu would be nice... What a ratings draw that would be!

God I hope Momesso doesn't go with him...

Bartlett and Saku Koivu would be nice... What a ratings draw that would be!

It doesn't sound like Momesso is going based on his tweet from this morning: https://twitter.com/SergioMomesso36/status/512914458222796800

TSN 690 also has a posting up for the PBP job and just that one, not colour, so I'm guessing Momesso is staying put.

Never heard of Bartlett? A montreal local I assume?

He's called the games on the radio for I believe three years now. He was the one that beat out Derek for the job. He started out his PBP career calling webcasts for the Barrie Colts back in the day. (When he left, they never bothered to replace him, they haven't had a radio broadcast in at least a decade...)

Does anyone on here use gamecentre live? I know that it is a Rogers service, but rather than buy nhl centre ice on shaw cable, I was thinking of buying gamecentre live and streaming. I work shiftwork, so streaming would be nice. Can it be streamed on phones from other providers?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stogey24

Does anyone on here use gamecentre live? I know that it is a Rogers service, but rather than buy nhl centre ice on shaw cable, I was thinking of buying gamecentre live and streaming. I work shiftwork, so streaming would be nice. Can it be streamed on phones from other providers?

can stream it on anything

Just going to use a ton of data without wifi

For anyone who's wondering who will replace John Bartlett as TSN 690 PBP voice, it's looking like Dan Robertson is going to get the job. He has spent a long time at the QMJHL level, calling games for the last 15 years in Nova Scotia.