Alex Galchenyuk - Tomas Plekanec - P-A Parenteau
Rene Bourque - Lars Eller - Jiri Sekac
Brandon Prust - Manny Malhotra - Travis Moen

Alexei Emelin - P.K. Subban
Andrei Markov - Tom Gilbert
Jarred Tinordi - Mike Weaver

Carey Price
Dustin Tokarski

Injuries: Crisp, Fournier, Gregoire, Thrower (all SOIR)

Scratches: Nathan Beaulieu, Dale Weise

Team Leaders Colorado Montreal

Game Notes

Goals 7 tied with (1) Plekanec (4) Puck Drop: 7:00 PM EST
Assists MacKinnon (3) Emelin (4) National TV: City, TVA Sports
Points MacKinnon (3) Plekanec (7) Regional TV: Alt
PIMS Johnson (21) Subban (12) English Radio: TSN 690
+/- 3 tied with (E) Desharnais/Pacioretty (+6) French Radio: FM 98.5

He and Beaulieu likely not happy campers eating hot-dogs way up high.

Tinordi seems to be more offensively productive than Nate-the-Great so far and seems a 'safer' option in own end.

To me is flip of coin whether Moan or Weise plays and dosent really make much difference to me.

(and Bournival scored on, I think it was, his 3rd shift back in AHL yesterday, so wouldn't bother me to see him draw into Hab lineup next week neither)

Is Wiese hurt?

Weise is fine. After a great play off (better one than Moen ever had in a habs jersey) what the heck is the thinking sitting Weise in favour of TRAVIS MOEN??

Weaver over Beulieu is cetainly not based on this seasons play.

But hey they are 4-1 so ....

Weise is fine. After a great play off (better one than Moen ever had in a habs jersey) what the heck is the thinking sitting Weise in favour of TRAVIS MOEN??

Weaver over Beulieu is cetainly not based on this seasons play.

But hey they are 4-1 so ....

Well if he not injured I think le genius is nuts, too much Scotch.

I wrote about this last week, Moen has to play sometimes too and he played quite well against Boston so I'm not surprised he's staying in. Personally, I'd give Prust a night off and have Weise draw back in but that's just me. When you have everyone healthy, some players are going to have to sit to keep everyone fresh. That means Weise is going to have to sit sometimes...so will Moen...so will (should) Prust.

I wrote about this last week, Moen has to play sometimes too and he played quite well against Boston so I'm not surprised he's staying in. Personally, I'd give Prust a night off and have Weise draw back in but that's just me. When you have everyone healthy, some players are going to have to sit to keep everyone fresh. That means Weise is going to have to sit sometimes...so will Moen...so will (should) Prust.

I would not sit Weise. He can really stir things up when he gets going. But hey we are facing 4th? string goalie, I don't think it looks good for patricks bandits.

I don't know exactly what difference Prust, Weise, Moan nor Bournival make to the roster. So any 2 of the four of em is fine by me!

And 'too much scotch' eh? Many brainiacs throughout history have been known to imbibe a bit too much.

I love the Phaneuf jersey being tossed on ice yesterday, brings a smile to all HabFans everywhere to see that! Gonna be a long year for poor Leafs.

2 sportsnet talking heads were complaining yesterday that Lucic didn't deserve a penalty, as it was a close game and one said Emelin deserved a penalty for "being too stupid" and turning into hit.

(farging iceholes!)

I don't know exactly what difference Prust, Weise, Moan nor Bournival make to the roster. So any 2 of the four of em is fine by me!

And 'too much scotch' eh? Many brainiacs throughout history have been known to imbibe a bit too much.

I love the Phaneuf jersey being tossed on ice yesterday, brings a smile to all HabFans everywhere to see that! Gonna be a long year for poor Leafs.

2 sportsnet talking heads were complaining yesterday that Lucic didn't deserve a penalty, as it was a close game and one said Emelin deserved a penalty for "being too stupid" and turning into hit.

(farging iceholes!)

That was a borderline penalty, but Lucic got that because of the time in the game and the situation. And also because he's a dunderhead and they wanted him out of the game.

I agree, Prust should have sat instead. Moen is playing his off-wing when he replaces Weise.

You bring up a good point. I am assuming that you feel that Moen gives up something defensively if he is on his off wing. My personnel opinion would be less enchantment if it were a more offensive player. Simply put I am more concerned with off wing (forward) players in an offensive context.

I watched the Avs in Ottawa the other night; the Habs have to be better in their own end, because Avs cycle the puck incredibly well. Intelligent D-zone coverage and efficient clearing of the zone will be key to winning this game. That and an aggressive forecheck, as the Avs D-men seemed to cough up the puck alot under pressure.

Guest Stogey24

I watched the Avs in Ottawa the other night; the Habs have to be better in their own end, because Avs cycle the puck incredibly well. Intelligent D-zone coverage and efficient clearing of the zone will be key to winning this game. That and an aggressive forecheck, as the Avs D-men seemed to cough up the puck alot under pressure.

and a third string goalie

I really wish TSN had gotten the rights. Other than Freidman, who the picked up from CBC, all of the sportsnet analysts are horrible. Hell, even tsn's sportscentre crew is better than the lousy sportsnet ones.

The only TSN guys I can't stand are Dreger and macguire.

Nice. PJ Stock has his own segment on HNIC. "The Stock Exchange." The name is about as intelligent as the content.