Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Kristo and Gallagher continue their hot starts

Kristo 1 assist to bring his total to 8pts in 5 games.

Gallagher 1g 1a so far in the first period as Vancouver is steamrolling Victoria... 6-0 in goals 17-1 in shots after 1 period.

Gallagher 1g 1a so far in the first period as Vancouver is steamrolling Victoria... 6-0 in goals 17-1 in shots after 1 period.

No! I almost went to that game! I should have gone!

in good news,

Kristo stays hot with 2 goals tonight....

Kristo was creditted with a 2nd assist last night too... giving him a 4 pt weekend.

4g 11pts in 6 games this season, has a point in every game this year, and has a point 20 of his last 23 going back to last year.

Beaulieu with a goal Saturday, and another on Sunday. 4 on the season.

Steve Quailer with his first goal of the season.

Brendan Gallagher stays red-hot. 1 g 3 a so far, still playing in the third period. That brings him to 9 GP 10g 7a 17pts this year.

Brendan Gallagher 1 g 1 a... now 10 games 11 goals 8 assists 19 pts.

He also had 19 minutes in penalties.... Slash (2) Fight (5) Instigator (2) 10 minute misconduct (10). The stat sheet shows the game got totally out of hand in the second period. With at least 2 line brawls.

Brendan Gallagher 1 g 1 a... now 10 games 11 goals 8 assists 19 pts.

He also had 19 minutes in penalties.... Slash (2) Fight (5) Instigator (2) 10 minute misconduct (10). The stat sheet shows the game got totally out of hand in the second period. With at least 2 line brawls.

I really love this kid!

• 3 weeks later...

Beaulieu gets an assist last night... He's got a 6 game scoring streak. Overall 22 Games 6goals 14 assists 20 pts on the season.

Bournival with 2 goals... 10 games played 12 goals 3 assists 15 pts on the season.

Gallagher with 1 goal 3 assists... 19 games 19 goals 16 assists 35 pts on the season.

Morgan Ellis is a bit of a forgotten prospect with the higher profile D being drafted... But 2g 2a today (GWG too)

20 games 7 goals 10 assists for 17 pts is pretty good.

Well on the topic of forgotten prospects with the higher profile D being drafted...

Greg Pateryn is having a great season. 10 points (2 goals, 8 assists) in 13 games.

The Bulldogs defense could look pretty interesting next season.

Beaulieu - Tinordi

Ellis - Nash

Pateryn - St Denis

Stejskal

Scott Kishel is having a great senior year as well. He had a big injury last year that limited him to only 7 games, so he's been a forgotten man.

So that's 5 potential rookie D's that could be signed. Hopefully the next CBA expands the 50 contract limit and the Habs invest in a second AHL club.

I sat down and took a closer look at the Habs' 2010 draft class earlier tonight, there is most certainly a lot to be excited about. http://www.habsworld...cle.php?id=2649

Been having similar thoughts. There may not be a star in the group (though Gallagher has some great potential) but its much better overall than I thought it was in the summer.

Scott Kishel is having a great senior year as well. He had a big injury last year that limited him to only 7 games, so he's been a forgotten man.

So that's 5 potential rookie D's that could be signed. Hopefully the next CBA expands the 50 contract limit and the Habs invest in a second AHL club.

Have you any reason to believe that they would expand the 50 man rule?

Have you any reason to believe that they would expand the 50 man rule?

I know teams have found it burdensome at times. But beyond that, no. But I suppose it's a measure to prevent a team like Montreal, New York or Toronto from building up far superior farm systems. I just don't see why in baseball they can have a ton of different farm teams and in hockey you only really have one, with an agreement with another.

Some teams want a western based AHL quality league. I see no reason why the old AHL can't keep its current traditional members and make it kind of like the ECHL currently is, or like major junior is with more than one roughly equal quality league. If the LA Kings want to use the Ontario Reign or Bakersfield Condors as their main affiliate, I see no reason why the Habs can't come in and offer to set up an arrangement with the Manchester Monarchs. Then we can follow both the Bulldogs and the Monarchs.

Nice to see him having a bounce back season after struggling a lot last season. He's officially in his 3rd of 4 years now after being redshirted, he could be an option for Hamilton next year as well.

Could be, but with all the names Hamilton is bringing in, I'd rather see him truly dominate NCAA and stay there one more year than come to Hamilton. I think he needs max development time due to losing almost two years (one injured and one finding his game again).

He is an intriguing prospect though, as he's one of our few big and talented forward prospects.

I think he's a long shot to make the NHL, but if he surprise, it would help the Habs greatly.

=================================================================================

In other news Dany Kristo had 2 goals and 1 assist in UND's 7-6 win over #4 ranked Colorado College.

Could be, but with all the names Hamilton is bringing in, I'd rather see him truly dominate NCAA and stay there one more year than come to Hamilton. I think he needs max development time due to losing almost two years (one injured and one finding his game again).

I agree the development time would be beneficial but I'm always leery about having prospects go the 4 year route. You're trying to convince them to sign and forego UFA status just a couple of months later. If you're a guy who dominates in his final year, you could get a lot more turning down the offer from the team that drafted you. Especially with Quailer being a powerforward-type player, he'd be even more in demand.

Apparently Canada is naming the selection camp squad for the upcoming World Juniors on Monday. Gallagher/Bournival are sure to get invites while Beaulieu is also likely. Ellis, based on some speculation, may be in the running but he'd be a long shot at best. Still, lots to be optimistic about.

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker