Line combinations?

SOOPAVILLIN

Some tweaks from my point.

Egg line 1st

Prust - Pleks - PAP

DSP - DD - Weise

Tangradi - Manny - Flynn

That third line is if Weise can play like he did against the bolts and Bruins last year. A playmaker in DD and the other two bashing around.

Mannys faceoffs will be needed concidering how important a late faceoff can be in the playoffs. Tangradi have been doing well in the minors and I rather have him in the playoffs since he is older than DLR. Prust on 2nd with pleks will annoy some but it could be a good shutdown line with pleks. We will have to rely even more on defence and Price without Pacs. The egg line is needed to find their success from almost two years ago. I may just be spacing these lines up. Correct me on all possible stupidities.

Very creative Dal. Like the balance you are looking to create. However Max is gonna be fine. He always bounces back well and quicker than expected. Minor or major injuries. Lets see what your line up would look like in game one of the first round with Max? D included.

Tangradi has been playing well.

I hope Plekanec/Subban are rested a game or two this week.

But would love to see them experiment with 11-81-27 again, why not.

• 3 months later...
Guest Stogey24

Pacioretty-plekanec- Gallagher

Desharnais-Galchenyuk- Semin

De La Rose-eller-Kassian

Pelly-Mitchell-Weise

The more I look at this line up, the less I see a spot for Desharnais.

Pacioretty Plekanec Gallagher

Semin Galchenyuk Kassian

De la Rose Eller Smith-Pelly

Desharnais Mitchell Weise

Hudon Flynn Andrighetto

Carr Bournival Scherbak

Thomas Dumont Holloway

Bozon Gregoire McCarron

Pacioretty – Plekanec – Gallagher

Desharnais – Galchenyuk – Semin

Kassian – Eller – Smith-Pelly

Bournival – Mitchell – Weise

Flynn

1st line is 1st line. Deployable anywhere... probable for 80 goals from that line.

Let's face it... that 2nd line doesn't start once in the defensive end. Heck, you almost don't even start them in the neutral zone.

3rd line is collectively built like a brick shithouse.

4th line is speeeeeeeeed.

JDLR simmers in St John's for a bit learning how to score. Whoever of Semin, Kassian and Smith-Pelly is shitting the bed the most by mid-season gets removed from the equation and is replaced by the most over-performing prospect (JDLR, Hudon, Thomas, Andrighetto).

67-14-11

27-81-Semin

21-51-8

25-17-22

as much as I would love to see Eller become the second line center, I just dont think its going to happen.

This is the lineup that I think will start the season

67-14-11

27-51-Semin

21-81-8

25-17-22

But if Galchenyuk can pry the #2 center spot away and/or Kassian looks good during camp I hope to see something like this

67-14-11

Semin-27-8 (if semin and Galchenyuk have chemistry it will be really fun to watch)

51-81-21

25-17-22

MT does not like to split Pacs and dd, He did at times, but always goes back to it.

I have a feeling either DD or Eller will be moved before the season.

Bur for now I see

Pacs DD Gallagher

Gally Pleks Semin

DLR Eller Kassian

DSP Mitchell Weisse

Flynn extra

Okay, what about this:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Semin - Plekanec - Scherbak

DSP - Eller - Kassian

DLR - Mitchell - Weisse

Extras: Flynn, Bournival

EK's rumour bs turns out to be true and Desharnais is moved for a pick/prospect from WSH.

Okay, what about this:

DSP - Eller - Kassian

DLR - Mitchell - Weisse

EK's rumour bs turns out to be true and Desharnais is moved for a pick/prospect from WSH.

I don't think DLR is a good 4th line winger. His talent level in my opinion is a lot higher than DSP.

Okay, what about this:

DSP - Eller - Kassian

DLR - Mitchell - Weisse

Why the rush to play Scherbak? He's 19 (he turns 20 in late December), let him play in the AHL for a bit. He's not NHL ready.

While he did have a bad playoffs, Markov was still one of the best NHL defencemen last year. He simply needs a few less minutes. He shouldn't be one of the most worked blueliners in the league but playing 20 is fine. The pair of Markov and Petry makes so much sense it hurts.

Why the rush to play Scherbak? He's 19 (he turns 20 in late December), let him play in the AHL for a bit. He's not NHL ready.

No rush, simply trying out a different combination from what those have already posted. It's pretty much Scherbak in for Desharnais.

I could still see guys like Andrighetto or maybe Carr impressing at camp along with Scherbak. Once injuries happen then it'll be interesting to see who gets called up throughout the year.