Development Camp Invites/Discussion

dlbalr

We probably won't see news of too many invites to July's development camp until after the draft but a couple of names have filtered through so far. Rather than scattering the invites in other threads, let's post the names here as we find out.

D Travis Brown (Victoria, WHL)

C Taylor Burke (Moncton, QMJHL)

C Tim Clifton (Quinnipiac, NCAA)

G Alex Dubeau (Moncton, QMJHL)

C Markus Eisenschmid (Medicine Hat, WHL)

C Dryden Hunt (Medicine Hat, WHL)

C Mario Huber (Innsbruck, Erste Eishockey Liga)

C Brandon Magee (Victoria, WHL)

G Matthew Mancina (Peterborough, OHL)

G Michael McNiven (Owen Sound, OHL)

C Angelo Miceli (Victoriaville, QMJHL)

D Bailey Webster (Saint John, QMJHL)

(We also know Martin Reway will not be in attendance.)

I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more names than usual at the July camp as it's my understanding that the Canadiens will be in a rookie tournament this year and not holding the second rookie/development camp in September.

• 2 weeks later...

Rumoured attendees:

C Dryden Hunt (Medicine Hat, WHL)*

D Loik Leveille (Cape Breton, QMJHL) (declined)

C Angelo Miceli (Victoriaville, QMJHL)*

D Bailey Webster (Saint John, QMJHL)

The Habs also apparently have invites out to these players and are awaiting a response:

C Cameron Askew (Moncton, QMJHL)

D David Henley (Charlottetown, QMJHL) (declined)

C Tim McGauley (Brandon, WHL)*

* - can turn pro next season

Timmins noted after the draft yesterday that they will be targeting players who can turn pro next year for invites to this camp (and September's rookie tournament). The farm depth is a bit weak so a couple of players on minor league deals (or perhaps even an NHL two-way contract) would be handy.

of course

was just more wondering if they are all signed/locked up, before handing out offers to McGauley, Hunt or a Miceli is all.

Scratch off Loik Leveille who has decided to go to Edmonton's camp instead. One of Montreal's draft picks (Bradley) broke an invite though as he stated on TSN690 that Markus Eisenschmid, his teammate in Medicine Hat, will attend.

Yes I heard that as well, but sounded like quite weak promotion of that teammate...something like "he ahhh, is kinda a...2 way...all round player"

think he played with German national team.

Invites that haven't yet been mentioned in this thread:

D Ryan Johnston (Colgate, NCAA)

D Christopher Joyaux (Miami U, NCAA)

D Tom Parisi (Providence, NCAA)

RW Ryan Rosenthal (Northeastern, NCAA)

LW Jamal Watson (Lethbridge, WHL)

D Michael Webster (Barrie, OHL) - I have no idea what the Habs see in him...I don't know what Barrie sees in him, he's not any good.

Full list of invitees: http://canadiens.nhl.com/v2/ext/2014-2015/roster_dev_camp_2015.pdf

Camp started today with some off-ice stuff. The highlight is that apparently McCarron measured in at a little over 6'6.

I'll have a write-up on some of the notable/intriguing invites up tomorrow (unless the Habs do something that would push this piece back).

Guest Stogey24

Camp started today with some off-ice stuff. The highlight is that apparently McCarron measured in at a little over 6'6.

I'll have a write-up on some of the notable/intriguing invites up tomorrow (unless the Habs do something that would push this piece back).

That's a big boy

John Scott is a big boy also; but cant play hockey at NHL level.

Lets hope McCarron's freakish size isn't his best asset and he actually can (given time of course) skate and shoot at pro tempo.

No Montreal locals on here who attend these camps?

Come on, Scott had total of 7g in 4 years at university and still made it to play 274 NHL games (and score a whooping 5g).

Guest Stogey24

Pretty unbelievable the career he made for himself, with the talent he has(or lack there of).

On another note pretty sure today is the first day of on ice drills and what not

Come on, Scott had total of 7g in 4 years at university and still made it to play 274 NHL games (and score a whooping 5g).

He managed to earn 3.8 million dollars in the NHL. ahhh but if I had only known, I had just as little talent as he did. :)