Development Camp Invites/Discussion

dlbalr

29lbs heavier than last year. Well, we all know what Pacioretty did once he filled out and at that size Scherbak will be less likely to get run over as a young pro or pushed off puck as Beaulieu has been, who needs to add strength and bit more mass wouldn't hurt him neither.

I'm personally keeping an eye on Tim McGauley, Travis Brown and Michael McNevin. Those three interest me the most. Heck, McNevin is still 17 from what I've read. McGauley had 30 points more than anyone else on the Brandon Wheat Kings and was PPG in the playoffs (at 19 but still great numbers).

More curious how Gregoire, Lehkonen, Scherbak, Vejdemo look, than the try-outs do (assume all are highly unlikely to amount to anything).

Does Lehkonen still look like a 12 year old?

Scherbak weighed in at 6'2, 204 apparently.

I'm very happy to see Scherback putting on some weight...he's gonna need it! Let's hope he doesn't lose too much speed!

I'm very happy to see Scherback putting on some weight...he's gonna need it! Let's hope he doesn't lose too much speed!

Lets hope he wasn't on the Phil Kessel Diet this year.

but if he really put on that much muscle, it shows big time determination. I like it alot

I'm personally keeping an eye on Tim McGauley, Travis Brown and Michael McNevin. Those three interest me the most. Heck, McNevin is still 17 from what I've read. McGauley had 30 points more than anyone else on the Brandon Wheat Kings and was PPG in the playoffs (at 19 but still great numbers).

McNevin's interesting (and the best of the invited goalies) but with him being two years away from being pro-eligible, I'm not sure he's more than a field filler in this camp.

The other two are on my list of notable invites: http://www.habsworld.net/2015/07/notable-invites-at-development-camp/

6hSbKXa.png

Speaking of AK46 SK74 & Kovalev..

Time to flop this punk while he still has some if any value.

What happened to Reway? He can opt out of camp?

He was invited and chose not to show up. (He indicated a while ago he had no intention of attending.)

The small tidbit of the day so far is that Bozon weighed in at 206 pounds. He has really worked hard to get back into playing shape.

He was invited and chose not to show up. (He indicated a while ago he had no intention of attending.)

The small tidbit of the day so far is that Bozon weighed in at 206 pounds. He has really worked hard to get back into playing shape.

Are we detecting an attitude problem from young Reway?

Yes, but maybe has nothing to do with not attending this camp? But was healthy scratch in the Q I think for swelled headitis.

Are we detecting an attitude problem from young Reway?

We've known he's had major attitude issues for years, even going back to well before he was even drafted. While the rest of Montreal's prospects are at camp, he's vacationing in Turkey. That location seems fitting...

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

We've known he's had major attitude issues for years, even going back to well before he was even drafted. While the rest of Montreal's prospects are at camp, he's vacationing in Turkey. That location seems fitting...

It truly amazes me what these kids take for granted

A number 10 boot in his posterior would fit too.

The Kid is playing pro hockey in Prague in front of full arena.... We are chirping him because he doesn't want to play in what was steel town hamilton in front 1,500 people? If I was given the choice I'd play in Prague as well without a doubt, the city is one the best in all of Europe and he's probably making more money as well... As for him and the Q, never once heard of him being benched but his stats in the Q don't lie, he put up marvellous numbers

The Kid is playing pro hockey in Prague in front of full arena.... We are chirping him because he doesn't want to play in what was steel town hamilton in front 1,500 people? If I was given the choice I'd play in Prague as well without a doubt, the city is one the best in all of Europe and he's probably making more money as well... As for him and the Q, never once heard of him being benched but his stats in the Q don't lie, he put up marvellous numbers

Considering Hamilton is no longer affiliated with the Habs, no, that's not what the concern is. And last year he couldn't have even played in Hamilton as he was too young.

Lehkonen is playing pro hockey overseas as well but did that mean he couldn't be bothered to show up? No. Vejdemo is expected to play pro this season in Sweden but did that stop him from coming? No. While the rest of Montreal's prospects are in full workout mode, he's on vacation. That's not good.

Then there's the attitude issues (getting benched in junior which did happen, benched in Prague, taken off the World Championship team two months ago after getting a talking to from Slovakia management, the issues with not even showing up for Slovakia U18 practices or showing up hungover, and I'm sure I'm missing several others). Plus, the unwillingness to play consistent defensive hockey and his puck hogging. And yes, an undersized fourth rounder reportedly informing the team he won't sign until there's a top six spot in the NHL for him (not a spot, a top six one) certainly doesn't help either.

Missing this camp is probably #9 or 10 on a quickly growing list of issues which is why he's getting 'chirped'.

Reway has tons of talent, no doubt. But in all the years I've been covering and following Montreal prospects, I can't remember anyone with a quarter of the ego that he has.

Considering Hamilton is no longer affiliated with the Habs, no, that's not what the concern is. And last year he couldn't have even played in Hamilton as he was too young.

Lehkonen is playing pro hockey overseas as well but did that mean he couldn't be bothered to show up? No. Vejdemo is expected to play pro this season in Sweden but did that stop him from coming? No. While the rest of Montreal's prospects are in full workout mode, he's on vacation. That's not good.

Then there's the attitude issues (getting benched in junior which did happen, benched in Prague, taken off the World Championship team two months ago after getting a talking to from Slovakia management, the issues with not even showing up for Slovakia U18 practices or showing up hungover, and I'm sure I'm missing several others). Plus, the unwillingness to play consistent defensive hockey and his puck hogging. And yes, an undersized fourth rounder reportedly informing the team he won't sign until there's a top six spot in the NHL for him (not a spot, a top six one) certainly doesn't help either.

Missing this camp is probably #9 or 10 on a quickly growing list of issues which is why he's getting 'chirped'.

Reway has tons of talent, no doubt. But in all the years I've been covering and following Montreal prospects, I can't remember anyone with a quarter of the ego that he has.

And Brian comes down with the hammer of THOR. Well done. :)

Am sure are lots of arrogant a-holes in the NHL, but they are still paid millions, because they can really play hockey well.

They haven't scrimmaged any yet?

Seems updated sizes are now posted;

Artturi has reached 6'0", but at 174lbs never be a power forward.

Bozon 207lb, great to see him come back so far, he was rail thin after coma.

Thrower 212lb, Dietz 213, Lernout 210 and Bennett shrunk a bit 194lb (will never be big dude but can skate, make or break year for him)

CH is 5'10" 191lb

Gregoire 6'0" 193lb

But right now Lernout is a thin 6'4" 19 year old kid, but I love that Lefebvre had him playing PP and PK in his 6 games at end of year (but of course Bulldogs were very very thin on d at the time, but he held his own). And was good of him to basically give up fighting for last half of year and be a good weapon on the PP.

I have no issues with a player taking a much needed vacation after a long hockey season. I just hope all the other "attitude" issues sort themselves out in the next couple years. I don't know much about Reway, but what I seen at the WJC from him was amazing. I don't recall watching any team ever funneling their offense through one player as much as they did.