Nov. 23, Habs vs Rangers, 7 PM

dlbalr

Parenteau gives it away to set up the goal.

We seem to be a stride or two behind tonight. Boys are tired it seems. I think they're working pretty hard. The game is like a NY offensive drill.

This game is all over. They're gassed, they have four days off and they have Tokarski playing.

did not want to be the one to say it...... with all the "therrien is a genious" fans on here.................but when a star goalie gets a shut out......you dont sit him next game....you ride it.

did not want to be the one to say it...... with all the "therrien is a genious" fans on here.................but when a star goalie gets a shut out......you dont sit him next game....you ride it.

That's total BS. Goalies rarely play back to backs and the Bruins AHL team was outclassed. There's no need to ride hot hands in November.

Maybe he needed a rest. It needn't always be just a unilateral move.

And Stoparski needs to play too.

Seems someone read the book on Stop's right shoulder slump.

I'm not too unhappy with what we're doing out there. I think they're giving it all they have left in the tank.

This is looking like a game to turn off.

yep.

rangers missing key players too.

they are too fast and too physical for the .... tonight that is.

maybe price could have kept it close and we steal a point......

oh well, good time to let the young guys on d play............... oh yea, we dont have any.

That's total BS. Goalies rarely play back to backs and the Bruins AHL team was outclassed. There's no need to ride hot hands in November.

who said anything about need? maybe you dont agree ............ but it aint "total bs" ha!

so play the back up against the ahl team at home

and your best goalie on the road against the well rested rangers?? no? "total BS? :Bulldogs:

Well, Habs didn't show up for this one so I think I will take off myself. This is just not worth it tonight. They are clearly out of gas while the Rangers haven't played in 5 days.

Yea habs are mailing it in.

They're using that intense man voice in a commercial advertising the Toronto / Penguins game this week. The voice is dumb enough usually, but its especially funny to hear it with the Leafs involved.. hahaha...

so play the back up against the ahl team at home

and your best goalie on the road against the well rested rangers?? no? "total BS? :Bulldogs:

Of the two games, the more important one was the Boston one, a division rival. Therefore, go with the better goalie against the Bruins. That's a somewhat common mindset around the league, play the starter for the more important of the two games. Tokarski had some success against the Rangers in the playoffs and New York just faced Price not that long ago, I could see those playing a factor as well.

I don't think Price would have made much of a difference so far either. Tokarski should have had the first one (pretty soft rebound that led to the goal) but the other two could have easily eluded Price too.

Too much vodka for Emelin I see (jk)

Hahahahaha... he did look a little funny out there with his shorts around his knees... super move from St Louis.

So, when does the game start?

They're trying, but they're gassed.

yep.

rangers missing key players too.

they are too fast and too physical for the .... tonight that is.

maybe price could have kept it close and we steal a point......

oh well, good time to let the young guys on d play............... oh yea, we dont have any.

who said anything about need? maybe you dont agree ............ but it aint "total bs" ha!

Ok, name one time a goalie has played back to back games because they had a great performance.

Of the two games, the more important one was the Boston one, a division rival. Therefore, go with the better goalie against the Bruins. That's a somewhat common mindset around the league, play the starter for the more important of the two games. Tokarski had some success against the Rangers in the playoffs and New York just faced Price not that long ago, I could see those playing a factor as well.

I don't think Price would have made much of a difference so far either. Tokarski should have had the first one (pretty soft rebound that led to the goal) but the other two could have easily eluded Price too.

agreed. however what seems to play into the who plays who is road and home games? as with budjai , terkowski never plays at the bell. (plays off excluded as price was injured) when there is back to back road home.....carey gets the home game....every time.

Ok, name one time a goalie has played back to back games because they had a great performance.

off the top of my head.......... rinne in nash....has played 15 of the first 17

agreed. however what seems to play into the who plays who is road and home games? as with budjai , terkowski never plays at the bell. (plays off excluded as price was injured) when there is back to back road home.....carey gets the home game....every time.

off the top of my head.......... rinne in nash....has played 15 of the first 17

It bugs me that the backup seldom plays at home regardless of the matchup, I'd like to see that change. I think it has to do with putting their best possible lineup at home but if the situation merits it, they should be fine with playing Tokarski once in a while on home ice.

As for Rinne in Nashville - is he playing 15/17 because he's doing that well or because the backup is Carter Hutton? Cory Schneider started 20 in a row, I suspect that was largely due to a lousy backup situation (Clemmensen did well to hammer that home yesterday) more than riding the hot hand.