Oct. 28, Montreal vs Calgary, 9 PM

dlbalr

I think it's safe to say that the Habs are an Eastern Conference powerhouse...unfortunately, the Eastern Conference is looking like the old AFC. Maybe they can rebrand the team as the next Buffalo Bills.

I really enjoyed the game. I thought that the competition, speed and physicality were there. The Habs stunk, but I can enjoy a game if it was entertaining. The Oilers game was a different story, A boring game where MTL flat-out sucked.

well said. thats how i saw it. must admit missed some of flames game switching channels to ball game. flames game looked far more entertaining than oiler game.......but flames majorly out played them. Price was fantastic and as everybody knows flames have no finishers.

Since you keep replying in this thread, surely you've seen the requests to check your PM from your friendly neighbourhood forum admin. Please take a moment and do so in the very near future.

checked it. blank as far as i could see.

I can't stand people who always stay negative so they can always feel right. If the team fails they were right questioning them. If the team wins they are happy to be wrong since their team still won.

I just don't know anyone other than Price fans could have enjoyed the game against the Flames, especially compared to the game against the Rangers. One game showed us dominant. The other showed us lethargic. A win is indeed a win. We're closer to 40 than we were on Sunday. I just want to see what I know this team can be capable of on a consistent basis.

Strong team play consistently is what all coaches strive for. There are about five teams in the west (sharks, ducks, blues, kings, hawks), and two in the east (pens and bruins last few regular seasons) that have achieved that type of consistency. I put the habs below those seven elite contenders. In a group with tbay, caps, rangers, flyers and a few others. Can look great for a few games, also capable of playing terrible for a stretch. Teams in this group are usually satisfied with making play offs and winning a round, or two. Getting to the next level is no easy step.

• Upvote 1

Strong team play consistently is what all coaches strive for. There are about five teams in the west (sharks, ducks, blues, kings, hawks), and two in the east (pens and bruins last few regular seasons) that have achieved that type of consistency. I put the habs below those seven elite contenders. In a group with tbay, caps, rangers, flyers and a few others. Can look great for a few games, also capable of playing terrible for a stretch. Teams in this group are usually satisfied with making play offs and winning a round, or two. Getting to the next level is no easy step.

Well I disagree this version of the habs is better than the Broons for starters. So using your logic, I would place them in the top 6 or 7 in the league. I do not put the Broons in any "elite" class. They are going to have some major problems to deal with this year.

• Upvote 1

Well I disagree this version of the habs is better than the Broons for starters. So using your logic, I would place them in the top 6 or 7 in the league. I do not put the Broons in any "elite" class. They are going to have some major problems to deal with this year.

Bruins, yes i agree. As i stated above with the bruins and pens "last few years" they have been the "consistent" regular season elite teams in the east. This year the bruins have taken a step backwards. Its no wonder, i am surprised they are as deep as they are.........how many teams over a fairly short period of time could lose the likes of Seguin, Horton, Iggy, Boychuck, Thorton, Thomas and still be a force to be reckoned with. As a habs fan am glad all those guys are no longer in boston. Salary cap.

Chris Draper on the fan590 spelling out plain and simple one of the draw backs of a salary cap The 4th line on wings 02 stanley cup winning team... Ztterberg,Datzuik,Robiltille. He added you will never see teams that deep again.