Scratches: Fraser, Holzer, Steckel
Injuries: Gardiner

Team Stats/Notes:
Record: 31-35-16 (5th in Northeast)
Scratches: Blunden, Gallagher, Weber
Injuries: Nokelainen, Palushaj

Puck drop is at 7 PM on RDS and CBC.

Radio: TSN 690 FM 98.5

No matter what I try, it doesn't come out properly. I've copied/pasted the lines and whatnot, I'll try to spruce it up tomorrow.

Take inspiration from the one on the canadiens.nhl.com site they made it right fancy this season :P

I am excited that both Galy and Gallagher are on the team. While I suspect that Galy will be sent back down, this Gallagher kid gives me the feeling he will stick.

I have a soft spot for two types of players: finesse-y playmakers and gamebreakers (Gomez, Koivu, Paul Kariya) and skilled small players who pluckishly overcome all odds in a league that has a massive Pierre McGuire man-crush on thuggish bulk (Desharnais, Koivu again, Gio). Gallagher strikes me as the kind of guy who just will not be denied. Wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him crave out a space for himself on the lower lines as a pesky hard worker, whose hands will start to produce as he gains confidence.

Anyway, great to have les boys back where they belong - on the ice.

I am excited that both Galy and Gallagher are on the team. While I suspect that Galy will be sent back down, this Gallagher kid gives me the feeling he will stick.

I have a soft spot for two types of players: finesse-y playmakers and gamebreakers (Gomez, Koivu, Paul Kariya) and skilled small players who pluckishly overcome all odds in a league that has a massive Pierre McGuire man-crush on thuggish bulk (Desharnais, Koivu again, Gio). Gallagher strikes me as the kind of guy who just will not be denied. Wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him crave out a space for himself on the lower lines as a pesky hard worker, whose hands will start to produce as he gains confidence.

Anyway, great to have les boys back where they belong - on the ice.

Lol, just how short are you Cucumber....:)

I am glad to be back with a group of passionate habs fans I can argue with ad nauseum about the most minor details of a game. I look forward to the completely contrarian views about who's fault the first goal is. I look forward to the silly "we are a contender" comments after two wins, or "fire the coach" after a couple of losses. Leafs suck. Bring up the kids...send down the kids.. Dump Kaberle. Trade the lot of them. Did we fire the coach yet?

Ah.... Good to be back...

I believe Galchenyuk is staying up for all 48 games. Once he gets a chance to show off that wrist shot, nobody is going to want to see him in another uniform aside from maybe an All-Star game sweater. I really like what Eric Engels said about Gallagher:

-Last night was lighthearted and fun for all, but the game didn't feature any physicality. Guys skated hard on their shifts and worked on their timing, and I wouldn't suggest the effort didn't contribute to their preparation for the season. But there's trying hard, and there's trying Brendan Gallagher hard.

This kid may not start with the Habs, but I'm not sure Marc Bergevin or Michel Therrien would hesitate for a second to call him up for time on any one of their top three lines should someone miss some time to an injury.

And soon, he's going to be a mainstay in Montreal.

Right after he typed it, Montreal announced that Gallagher was staying up.

I also like the fact he sounds a lot like a young Mike Cammalleri in interviews.

Ok. I just pulled the home game jersey out of the closet to watch the start of the season. Found it as I left it, inside out. That was to remind myself that the team didn't deserve to be wearing the logo last season. Hoping to see the boys play with some pride and desire today. 60 minutes of hockey!! Can't be wearing it this way for long.

On the situation with PK, sign him or pull a Sam Pollock and make sure we get Drouin and another major talent for him. Much rather he was signed for life. He will deliver.

Lol, just how short are you Cucumber.... :)

Ha ha, 6'0, 185 lbs...'smallish' by the grotesquely bloated standards of the NHL but not a smurf by any means ;)

EDIT: disappointed to hear that Gallagher won't be dressed tonight! Oh well.

• Upvote 1