Feb. 25, Montreal vs Ottawa, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Gionta!?! :wall::wall:

No Eller?!? Stupid move that may have cost a point. Therien's first significant gaffe this season. Blech!

followed up with Pleks which is even dumber.

gawd I hate shoot out. That bonus point really skews the standings and has since it was introduced. Time to stop giving a skills competition win the same value as a regulation win

well we outplayed the ottawa luckynuts, they had no business being in this game. What 4 or 5 goal posts some twice? We can't blame the boys they played their hearts out. I think we got out coached. Subban should have been on the ot p/p when he came out of the box. And the shootout? we should introduce MT to his team. Eller hot, Gionta not. This is Max Pac mr MT you may have heard of him. Team does need a sharpshooter, the kids did their part. Just the hockey gods giving us some humility. I am afraid that MT is going to ruin Subban, ya gotta let the kid be himself and play. PK looks like he is confused. Last year he was this team now he dosen't seem to know if he belongs. MT needs to be very carefull and not overcoach the kid. Bishop is a good and extremely lucky S.O.B. OK that is my ramble, very frustrating, we was robbed. Upwards and onwards to that other crap ontario team. The CBC maple thingys. :wall::angry2::habslogo:

well we outplayed the ottawa luckynuts, they had no business being in this game. What 4 or 5 goal posts some twice? We can't blame the boys they played their hearts out. I think we got out coached. Subban should have been on the ot p/p when he came out of the box. And the shootout? we should introduce MT to his team. Eller hot, Gionta not. This is Max Pac mr MT you may have heard of him. Team does need a sharpshooter, the kids did their part. Just the hockey gods giving us some humility. I am afraid that MT is going to ruin Subban, ya gotta let the kid be himself and play. PK looks like he is confused. Last year he was this team now he dosen't seem to know if he belongs. MT needs to be very carefull and not overcoach the kid. Bishop is a good and extremely lucky S.O.B. OK that is my ramble, very frustrating, we was robbed. Upwards and onwards to that other crap ontario team. The CBC maple thingys. :wall::angry2::habslogo:

PK had 4:33 of PP time... Significantly more then Diaz or Markov. Frankly, he didnt look that great on the PP either. He over handles the puck and telegraphs his shots..

Last year, he was our top D by default. Markov was out and Diaz was just learning. Our PP sucked last year, in case you forgot.

I like PK a lot, but I just don't know what you are complaining about.

What can you, you have to tip your hat to Bishop and the Sens.

The habs played hard in regulation. They probably deserved better. The PP in overtime didn't look good at all, i don't understabd 4 left handed shots? The shoot out i have always hated whether the habs win or lose.

An entertaining hockey game and a very well-played one by the Habs. You're not gonna win them all, but they really are playing like a top team, and if that continues, the results will, on balance, keep coming.

It's hard to fault Price, but I don't know, he didn't seem to be wholly in the zone tonight. Fighting the puck just a tiny bit, overthinking just a tiny bit. Not a criticism, he just didn't radiate invincibility like usual.

Not looking forward to the game against TO. It'll be psychologically important to beat them, just to establish that we ain't their bitches, as they say.

gawd I hate shoot out. That bonus point really skews the standings and has since it was introduced. Time to stop giving a skills competition win the same value as a regulation win

the problem is we adopted European shootouts without changing the way we score games. We should have adopted their three points to a game system like it is in IIHF Competition. I'm more than fine with the shootout because ties are so anti-climatic but it should be three points to a regulation win, two points to a OT/SO win and one point to an OT/SO loss. That way shootout/OT winners aren't receiving the same value as a regulation win and teams play harder in the third period.

• Upvote 1

PK had 4:33 of PP time... Significantly more then Diaz or Markov. Frankly, he didnt look that great on the PP either. He over handles the puck and telegraphs his shots..

Last year, he was our top D by default. Markov was out and Diaz was just learning. Our PP sucked last year, in case you forgot.

I like PK a lot, but I just don't know what you are complaining about.

hmm I don't want to answer you right now because you seem pretty aggresive against me. I will say that I said I wanted pk on the pp in ot after he got out of the box. I dont know what that has to do with your stats but we can chat tommorrow

hmm I don't want to answer you right now because you seem pretty aggresive against me. I will say that I said I wanted pk on the pp in ot after he got out of the box. I dont know what that has to do with your stats but we can chat tomorrow

For what it's worth, I too was puzzled by PK's absence at that particular point - thought maybe Therrien was punishing him for the late penalty. But wasn't he out there later in OT? Oh well.

Good game on our part, Bishop is big and had probably the best game he ever will have. How many seasons do you guys give a 6'7" goalie? 3 before the knees are gone? That is a lot of weight dropping a long way onto those joints. Just sayin... as mine are aching today for no reason other than my goaltending past.

For what it's worth, I too was puzzled by PK's absence at that particular point - thought maybe Therrien was punishing him for the late penalty. But wasn't he out there later in OT? Oh well.

How do you punish a guy for that penalty. The Sen, forget who it was, tripped in front of Subban. He didn't touch him. It was a weak call to say the least.

hmm I don't want to answer you right now because you seem pretty aggresive against me. I will say that I said I wanted pk on the pp in ot after he got out of the box. I dont know what that has to do with your stats but we can chat tommorrow

Lol, I don't mean to be aggressive, I just don't understand why you feel PK needs to always be on the PP. Markov and Diaz are better together and PK is good enough to anchor the 2nd unit. PK is also more dangerous playing 5-5 and 4-4, so I think the strategy was to come back to him after the PP when there was a lot of open ice to skate.

I dont think it was punishment as it was a BS soft call. Hard to blame PK for that.

I think it was using the guys to their strength. Markov and Diaz are great on the PP, subban is better then Markov right now in a 4-4 situation due to his speed.

PK had a lot of time on the PP and he struggled. He was over handling the puck and when he did shoot he was easily blocked. Given that, I am not puzzled by how MT divided up the work in the over time.

Bishop deserves all the credit for this one, he was fantastic. Price seemed to be fighting the puck a lot (or his skates on Regin's shootout attempt); it's a rare occasion when you can say the other team had the better goalie when Price was starting. (I'm not pinning this on him either, if you only allow 1 goal, you've done your job.) The Habs played quite well, if they play like that moving forward they'll be fine.

Brobin is right. PK did not have one of his better games last night. He was juggling with the puck, over handling it at times.

If there's one thing I could say that was a negative was Therrien's choices for the shootout. Gionta, Pleky??? Really? Where was MaxPac?

In any case, we deerved better and ran into a really hot goalie who got lucky. If we play the same way tomorrow, we should be able to beat the Leafs.

It was one of those night where the bounces didn't go our way. Gotta give Bishop a lot of credit, he made all the stops he needed to, and looked sharp. While he did give up a few rebounds, credit their defense for clearing the dangerous ones. The shots that did beat him his best friend stopped.

The good thing is we did look like we deserve our position in the conference. We outplayed Ottawa right up until spots in the 3rd. You'll win a lot of games like that. One of those posts bounces in and it doesn't go to OT, we walk away with 2 points. That kind of effort will crush Toronto, Scrivens isn't as good as Bishop.

Gotta point something else out. We're currently leading the toughest division in the NHL right now, 1st in the Eastern conference. Thats impressive for the last place team in the east last year.

Gotta point something else out. We're currently leading the toughest division in the NHL right now, 1st in the Eastern conference. Thats impressive for the last place team in the east last year.

True dat! However, i don't think we should get too excited here. Yes, we're in first place, but the Bruins are only 3 points behind and have 4 games in hand. It's only a matter of time before they pass us. In any case, if we can finish 4th in the eastern conference, that would be awesome!

True dat! However, i don't think we should get too excited here. Yes, we're in first place, but the Bruins are only 3 points behind and have 4 games in hand. It's only a matter of time before they pass us. In any case, if we can finish 4th in the eastern conference, that would be awesome!

I don't expect us to finish top of the east, or even top of our division. After this start, you can't help but expect playoffs. If 55 points is the goal to make the playoffs, we need just under a point a game to make the playoffs.

I don't expect us to finish top of the east, or even top of our division. After this start, you can't help but expect playoffs. If 55 points is the goal to make the playoffs, we need just under a point a game to make the playoffs.

Another 5 game winning streak soon with really solidify things.

As for the whole PK discussion, of course he should be on the ice during a PP in over time.

His one timer is incredible even if he does miss the net.

Players will soon fear to block his shot if he keeps crushing the puck like he is.