Saku hates this winning streak. Ducks @ Bell Centre, 7:30PM

Guest Stogey24

Worst game Gilbert has ever played? Oh wait, that might have been the last time we played a big team, dunno.Refereeing is atrocious, apparently you can late hit, board, slash and interfere with Hab players unimpeded by penalties, and we always owe one back when we do get a call. Terrible.Great effort however, proud of les boys!

Gilbert and Gonchar looked pretty bad. There is no doubt in my mind that Tinordi should be up with this team. I also thought Beaulieu played one of his better games as Habs. He's finally keeping it simple in his own and actually looks confident with the Puck.

Look at the mistake that was made with playing the veterans over playing Sekac..... I feel the same thing is happening with Tinordi and for the most part Beaulieu. Allen, Weaver and Gonchar probably won't even be playing in the NHL next year, but somehow they've managed a roster spot with the Habs.

You'll lose a lot of games only scoring 1 goal.

The main problem with the team is they can't ever put a 60 minute game together. They are a pretty soft bunch as well, especially in the defensive zone. Good teams spend all night in the habs zone.

Guest Stogey24

You'll lose a lot of games only scoring 1 goal.

The main problem with the team is they can't ever put a 60 minute game together. They are a pretty soft bunch as well, especially in the defensive zone. Good teams spend all night in the habs zone.

The Emelin Gonchar pairing got eaten up badly last night and Tuesday night in their own end.

Therrien better call for Ghetto, Hudon and Tinner.

If they send Beaulieu and Tangradi down, they could barely afford to bring up those three. Remember, the Habs are pretty tight to the cap right now in terms of day-to-day spending; if they want to keep space for the deadline, they're not going to start carrying as many extra players as possible. With Eller set to return (and Weaver/Allen close), I'm not sure we'll see any call-ups.

Stoner should be suspended. Refs should be kicked in the nuts. Bourque played exactly like he should and usually does translation : useless but not our useless.

There's no hearing so he won't be suspended. I'm not all that upset about it either, for me it was worthy of a 2 minute boarding penalty and nothing more. It's not good to play the blame the victim card but as was noted on the previous page of this thread, Pacioretty watching his pass sail out of the zone was a big factor in what happened. Most assuredly the league took notice of that when deciding not to proceed with a hearing.

I really don't know why sending down Tangardi, Allen and Bournival isn't an option.

I'd much rather get Tinordi a good look before the playoffs and ghetto deserves to stay up based on actually producing while he was up here. Not sure what Allen and Tanardi bring, other than scoring chances for the opposition. Allen is Murrey bad and possibly slower - if that's even possible. I like Bournival, but ghetto deserves to be up.

If they send Beaulieu and Tangradi down, they could barely afford to bring up those three. Remember, the Habs are pretty tight to the cap right now in terms of day-to-day spending; if they want to keep space for the deadline, they're not going to start carrying as many extra players as possible. With Eller set to return (and Weaver/Allen close), I'm not sure we'll see any call-ups.

There's no hearing so he won't be suspended. I'm not all that upset about it either, for me it was worthy of a 2 minute boarding penalty and nothing more. It's not good to play the blame the victim card but as was noted on the previous page of this thread, Pacioretty watching his pass sail out of the zone was a big factor in what happened. Most assuredly the league took notice of that when deciding not to proceed with a hearing.

Gilbert and Gonchar looked pretty bad. There is no doubt in my mind that Tinordi should be up with this team. I also thought Beaulieu played one of his better games as Habs. He's finally keeping it simple in his own and actually looks confident with the Puck.

Look at the mistake that was made with playing the veterans over playing Sekac..... I feel the same thing is happening with Tinordi and for the most part Beaulieu. Allen, Weaver and Gonchar probably won't even be playing in the NHL next year, but somehow they've managed a roster spot with the Habs.

I really don't know why sending down Tangardi, Allen and Bournival isn't an option.

I'd much rather get Tinordi a good look before the playoffs and ghetto deserves to stay up based on actually producing while he was up here. Not sure what Allen and Tanardi bring, other than scoring chances for the opposition. Allen is Murrey bad and possibly slower - if that's even possible. I like Bournival, but ghetto deserves to be up.

Personally, I think Bournival needs to play more with the Habs and not with Hamilton. Tangradi will be up and down for the rest of the year with Bowman alternating as the designated healthy scratch. Their value is that they're young enough to have cheap contracts but not too young to the point where they have to play every night for development reasons.

As for Allen, he has been a regular NHL defenceman since 2003. A handful of mediocre games with Montreal doesn't change that fact. He's a veteran that has earned the benefit of the doubt as a result. If he comes back and has another ten or so poor games, then yeah, it's more of a realistic possibility that they'd waive him as they did with Bourque. Coming off an illness with only five games played and expecting them to willingly bury the contract that quickly just isn't going to happen.

I'm also not sold on Andrighetto 'deserving' to be up. He was opportunistic more than good. While opportunistic means he's putting up a few points, it doesn't mean he's NHL-ready. He'll get another look later this year I'm sure (or if Pacioretty will be out long-term, sooner than later).

Personally, I think Bournival needs to play more with the Habs and not with Hamilton. Tangradi will be up and down for the rest of the year with Bowman alternating as the designated healthy scratch. Their value is that they're young enough to have cheap contracts but not too young to the point where they have to play every night for development reasons.

As for Allen, he has been a regular NHL defenceman since 2003. A handful of mediocre games with Montreal doesn't change that fact. He's a veteran that has earned the benefit of the doubt as a result. If he comes back and has another ten or so poor games, then yeah, it's more of a realistic possibility that they'd waive him as they did with Bourque. Coming off an illness with only five games played and expecting them to willingly bury the contract that quickly just isn't going to happen.

I'm also not sold on Andrighetto 'deserving' to be up. He was opportunistic more than good. While opportunistic means he's putting up a few points, it doesn't mean he's NHL-ready. He'll get another look later this year I'm sure (or if Pacioretty will be out long-term, sooner than later).

As always, a voice of reason dlbalr.

Any word on Patches? Losing him for an extended stretch would be disastrous, obviously. Price, PK, Patches - the three indispensable Habs, and without any of those three, it'll take formidable team commitment and superb coaching to see us through.

Few observations from the nose bleed seats yesterday :

- Saku's celebration : Great, moving, but a bit too long. Even had a 3 minutes break between celebration and the forking national anthems. DROP THE PUCK !!!!

- Tangradi : never ever again. Didn't bring anything but costing a goal with a disgusting icing.

- Bournival : I will never buy his jersey. Damn he has no skill with a puck.

- Galchenyuk-Pax-Gally : were creating offense before Pax was ran into the board. Lot of energy.

- Subban : Definitely a bad nigh for Subban. Shaky plays in general, got caught twice for useless penalties. Cost a goal.

- DD - Parenteau : good flashes.

- Manny : won a lot of defensive zone faceoffs, as usual

- Markov : was he drunk or what ? Everything but his amazing feed to Desharnais was far away from what he can do.

- Gilbert : NEXT

As always, a voice of reason dlbalr.

Any word on Patches? Losing him for an extended stretch would be disastrous, obviously. Price, PK, Patches - the three indispensable Habs, and without any of those three, it'll take formidable team commitment and superb coaching to see us through.

We are in a lot of trouble then.

I like kerry Fraser's answer better.........http://www.tsn.ca/c-mon-ref-why-wasn-t-ducks-stoner-called-for-hit-from-behind-on-canadiens-pacioretty-1.163893

DD is on fire, goal machine! (relatively speaking)

Dale gets 17+ minutes and allowed him to get 7 hits, nice.

But must of been boring slow game with not a lot of shots eh?

Shitty that Max went down, hope not serious or lingering injury.

Andrighetto back up, how will he respond tomorrow? Snipe a goal top corner and solid play?

DD is on fire, goal machine! (relatively speaking)

Dale gets 17+ minutes and allowed him to get 7 hits, nice.

But must of been boring slow game with not a lot of shots eh?

Shitty that Max went down, hope not serious or lingering injury.

Andrighetto back up, how will he respond tomorrow? Snipe a goal top corner and solid play?

of course I would expect nothing less. Some guys can just flat out score goals.

He has slip-on shoes!

Senator Demers won coach of year, cup and had personal 'limitations' as well, so all kinds of different coaches/styles can be successful, even if Crazy Mike cant walk and chew gum same time, he might still be capable enough to steer a team to cup win.

Just need more offense from scorers and should do quite well.

PAP has 4a in last 15 games, I would bet Charlie Hudon (or Andrighetto), could at least match that?

Does PAP defend well maybe? I never really noticed him on ice often.

He has slip-on shoes!

Senator Demers won coach of year, cup and had personal 'limitations' as well, so all kinds of different coaches/styles can be successful, even if Crazy Mike cant walk and chew gum same time, he might still be capable enough to steer a team to cup win.

Just need more offense from scorers and should do quite well.

PAP has 4a in last 15 games, I would bet Charlie Hudon (or Andrighetto), could at least match that?

Does PAP defend well maybe? I never really noticed him on ice often.

"he might be still capable enough to steer a team to cup win" ............. now that statement just oozes with confidence. lol

Hi Stogey.. I don't think Sekac's not playing had anything at all to do with whether he was playing better or not. This is the most basic level of understanding. The vets who had earned some respect had to be given their due, and fairly. No one could gripe about Borky.. oops.. Bourque.. being waived goodbye without being extended every chance to wake up a little. He's decided not to get killed in the regular season and to show up when it counts. These aren't coaching errors at all. It's part of having a good room with good energy and engaged players...no ...not that kind of engagememt..

And I don't think the young guys are overwhelmed with panic when they are told that they will be brought up.. played a bit.. then sent back down to work on what's revealed during the dance. I suggest that the idea of terrified kids recoiling at the thought of making a mistake has very little to do with MT. There are plenty enough reasons to be nervous out there.

As MB said, if he managed like a fan would he'd be out of a job mighty fast.

Guest Stogey24

Hi Stogey.. I don't think Sekac's not playing had anything at all to do with whether he was playing better or not. This is the most basic level of understanding. The vets who had earned some respect had to be given their due, and fairly. No one could gripe about Borky.. oops.. Bourque.. being waived goodbye without being extended every chance to wake up a little. He's decided not to get killed in the regular season and to show up when it counts. These aren't coaching errors at all. It's part of having a good room with good energy and engaged players...no ...not that kind of engagememt..

And I don't think the young guys are overwhelmed with panic when they are told that they will be brought up.. played a bit.. then sent back down to work on what's revealed during the dance. I suggest that the idea of terrified kids recoiling at the thought of making a mistake has very little to do with MT. There are plenty enough reasons to be nervous out there.

Yeah, I can agree with that.

Thats an old line. But not true a lot of the time. A ton of fans (myself included) wanted Gorges traded. Gionta let go. Brierre gone. Moen gone. Tokarski over Budjai. Bourque gone. Sekac signed. Subban locked up long term. If you look at those moves MB managed the way most fans would have. :nuts: