Oct. 1, Sens vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

For those able to watch the game, how has Pacioretty looked? I'm also curious about Juulsen although it doesn't seem like he played much.

He looks great, doesn't seem to have any problem. Looks like he never missed a minute. But of course I am a fan and wander around with rose colored glasses.

If anybody cares or wanted to know, I would say Mr Bealieu does not speak french. Just saying.

I can't believe Emelin makes 4.1 mill

That's the risk you run with signing players in advance of free agency, especially ones coming off injury. And guys that hit a lot have been paid a lot in free agency. Had they not signed him, I suspect he'd have got a comparable deal elsewhere.

Guest Stogey24

That's the risk you run with signing players in advance of free agency, especially ones coming off injury. And guys that hit a lot have been paid a lot in free agency. Had they not signed him, I suspect he'd have got a comparable deal elsewhere.

The Ntc is the killer. I'm surprised gms still give them out

I don't think it would have mattered. The Ave were the team he probably wanted to go to anyways, given the relationship with the GM.

Even if Roy pushed hard to kiss and make up, In the standoff being refereed by the idiotic Corey, Roy would have been sent home until he agreed to be moved.

Imagine how different the world would be if Patrick Roy had a no movement clause in 1995.

I don't think it would have mattered. The Ave were the team he probably wanted to go to anyways, given the relationship with the GM.

Even if Roy pushed hard to kiss and make up, In the standoff being refereed by the idiotic Corey, Roy would have been sent home until he agreed to be moved.

Roy did push. Went back to apologize and say he wanted to come back to play and Corey said he was being traded regardless. With a no movement, Corey would have had zero leverage in a deal with Colorado. They wanted to trade Roy fast to prevent an extended battle. Having a no movement clause would have created that. Eventually things would have cooled down and likely Roy would have finished the year. 95-96 Montreal had a very good team with serious offensive firepower. We weren't Red Wings good but a long playoff run could have changed a lot.

I'd have to disagree. I think Corey would have sent him home and forced his hand. This is the guy who wanted Carbo moved for giving the finger to a photographer.

Roy did push. Went back to apologize and say he wanted to come back to play and Corey said he was being traded regardless. With a no movement, Corey would have had zero leverage in a deal with Colorado. They wanted to trade Roy fast to prevent an extended battle. Having a no movement clause would have created that. Eventually things would have cooled down and likely Roy would have finished the year. 95-96 Montreal had a very good team with serious offensive firepower. We weren't Red Wings good but a long playoff run could have changed a lot.

• Upvote 1

I'd have to disagree. I think Corey would have sent him home and forced his hand. This is the guy who wanted Carbo moved for giving the finger to a photographer.

And with a no trade clause, that would have been difficult.

Jeremy Jacobs wanted to be able to send players down to the minors for behaviour without losing their rights but the lockout led to the no-trade clauses and stopped that stupidity from happening.

No trade clauses are a very good thing. Players who get them deserve them. Smart GMs know how to work within the boundaries of those clauses. When relationships are good, a player is fine with waiving (see Erik Cole). I'd rather this not be the NFL where a guy can just get cut for no reason.

I totally disagree with the assestment that NTC are good things. I hate them.

Players who got them deserve them ?!?! Comon'. Emelin deserves one ? Not a chance.

They are used as leverage to lower the salary cap and often as a sort of edge to win a UFA bidding war.

UFA that have not played a single game with their new team often get a NTC. Ridiculous.

I would rather see every pro sports league adopt the same rules as they have in the NFL.

In a perfect world, teams would not be allowed to cut the ties with a player for X number of seasons when a major injury occurs and keep the player from being the one he once was.

• Upvote 1

Players who got them deserve them ?!?! Comon'. Emelin deserves one ? Not a chance.

They are used as leverage to lower the salary cap and often as a sort of edge to win a UFA bidding war.

UFA that have not played a single game with their new team often get a NTC. Ridiculous.

I would rather see every pro sports league adopt the same rules as they have in the NFL.

In a perfect world, teams would not be allowed to cut the ties with a player for X number of seasons when a major injury occurs and keep the player from being the one he once was.

Just my opinion but I agree with Joe.

On the habs the only players who should be able to even ask for a NTC are Price, Subban, Patches and Markov.

I hate NMC. Its idiotic clauses like this that has resulted in owners being needed to be saved from themselves through lockouts.

Now the latest stupidity by the owners is caving into lockout proof contracts.

• Upvote 1

You know GMs will always push the envelope, make poor decisions to be successful.

If removed no trade clauses, it would be something else tossed in, even higher base salary maybe and that isn't 'ideal' neither.

I don't see NMC as a big deal. Most players who have them still get traded if the team really wants to trade them. For every Jumbo Joe (who basically insists on staying put despite management wishes) there are about three Kevin Bieksas, who accept getting moved rather than staying where they aren't wanted.

Sure, it makes it harder to get full value for a guy. But that hardly makes them a plague upon the sport. All GMs have to be is not stupid about handing them out to expendable players. Price, Subban, yes. Emelin? Uh, no. 'Limited' NTCs represent a reasonable trade-off, and GMs who want to extract a salary concession ought to reach for those rather than the obvious lunacy of a full NTC.

I don't support a CBA that makes it absolutely impossible for a GM to do dumb stuff. Smart GMs should be rewarded, dumb ones not so much.