Scratches: Chris Wagner

Team Leaders Montreal Anaheim

Game Notes

Goals Pacioretty (30) Perry (27) Puck Drop: 10:00 PM EST
Assists Subban (36) Getzlaf (41) National TV: Sportsnet
Points Pacioretty (55) Getzlaf (61) Regional TV: RDS, FS-W
PIMS Prust (102) Jackman (84) English Radio: TSN 690
+/- Pacioretty (+36) Lindholm (+18) French Radio: FM 98.5

Much better game day thingy, than those 'mailed in' recently by some inept poster.

Another of numerous good March match-ups for Habs, hopefully not 1/2 step slow again.

Curious to see how 4th line performs.

Thought Toker would get the start and Carey in LA.

Should be a great game. Habs cant come out flat after not showing up in San Jose

I should note that the lineups are a guess on my end. The game day skates aren't until the afternoon so we'll know more then.

I should note that the lineups are a guess on my end. The game day skates aren't until the afternoon so we'll know more then.

If we are going to get anything from PAP it would probably be best to give a decent run of games. After all he did just come back from a concussion so I think it would be somewhat unfair to sit him already. On the other hand if you think management and the coach have given up on him completely, would it not have been fairly easy to ship him out for a 7th rounder and save some cap space for next year?

Personally I think that PAP can contribute, BUT he is one of those players that needs to play with good players to be successful. I know that it is not ideal, but that is the reality of the player. He is not overly fast or overly strong so he is going to have a hard time beating guys one on one and creating his own time and space. However he does have some skill with the puck, both passing and shooting. If he can play with linemates that will beat guys one on one and stress the defensive coverage I think he could complement them and find himself open for some good looks.

I'm going to the game as well tonight and then also the game tomorrow in LA. I'm glad the habs layed their egg against the Sharks and am hoping for a decent couple of games for the rest of the Californian trip.

Which goalie to start is actually a tough call. I was thinking that I'd rather Carey play against the better team in Anaheim but if Quick starts tomorrow, I'm not sure how I'd feel about Quick vs Tokarski. Hate being a realist but I wouldn't like our chances.

I'd put PAP out there with Plekanic and Galchenyuk for a few games.

Id do the same.

Yes, the sports net crew I believe also said Smith-Pelley was out of shape not necessarily slow.

It is little concerning to think he may be out of shape at this point in the season, no excuse.

Guest Stogey24

Id do the same.

It is little concerning to think he may be out of shape at this point in the season, no excuse.

You know the old saying, McDonalds three times a day, keeps the doctor away.

Yes, the sports net crew I believe also said Smith-Pelley was out of shape not necessarily slow.

How can this guy be out of shape at this time of year? Is he on the Kessell diet? Or the Byfuglien diet?

Byfuglien diet dosent seem to be slowing that monster down any and he is running over opposition every game. I would love to see him in a Habjersey, and wouldnt care if he was 120 or 140kg.

Byfuglien diet dosent seem to be slowing that monster down any and he is running over opposition every game. I would love to see him in a Habjersey, and wouldnt care if he was 120 or 140kg.

I agree Don I was making a funny.

If we are going to get anything from PAP it would probably be best to give a decent run of games. After all he did just come back from a concussion so I think it would be somewhat unfair to sit him already. On the other hand if you think management and the coach have given up on him completely, would it not have been fairly easy to ship him out for a 7th rounder and save some cap space for next year?

Personally I think that PAP can contribute, BUT he is one of those players that needs to play with good players to be successful. I know that it is not ideal, but that is the reality of the player. He is not overly fast or overly strong so he is going to have a hard time beating guys one on one and creating his own time and space. However he does have some skill with the puck, both passing and shooting. If he can play with linemates that will beat guys one on one and stress the defensive coverage I think he could complement them and find himself open for some good looks.

so who would you bump from the top six for paps?

I'm really hoping Gilbert is done for the most part when Emelin comes back

Dont see how he could not be. With the emergence of Pats and Tiny. Emelin coming back and Petry coming in. If Gilbert is STILL a top six, whats that say about those guys.

Sure HR, just Byfuglien really seems to be quite an impact player for Jets it seems. With another 20 goal season and him flattening one guy after another.