Feb. 19, Florida vs Montreal, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

I'd prefer the team to beat everyone in their path but a few losses to teams we will never face in the playoffs doesn't phase me very much. I'd actually be more disappointed in the loss against the Panthers if they were in a playoff spot because we could play them. But there's still a chance Boston makes it over them so I'd rather give them this one point.

The LA Kings lost 28 games in regulation last year with 8 in overtime/shootout. This included losses to Winnipeg, Phoenix (x3), Calgary (x3), Nashville (x2), Buffalo, New Jersey and Toronto. Somehow they still won a Cup?

i've got mixed feelings about Boston. I want them to miss the playoffs, but i got this lousy feelings that they will luck out in the lottery.

It also seems that whenever we face each other in the playoffs, we tend to do better against them, in the years they finish ahead of us in the standings and we blow it when are the favourites.

We're still on pace for a 105+ point season...I don't think Therrien is the problem...lack of scoring is our problem!

And as long as we don't have another winger who can put the puck in the net, that makes MB the problem! Get a deal done, for the love of God!

I'd prefer the team to beat everyone in their path but a few losses to teams we will never face in the playoffs doesn't phase me very much. I'd actually be more disappointed in the loss against the Panthers if they were in a playoff spot because we could play them. But there's still a chance Boston makes it over them so I'd rather give them this one point.

The LA Kings lost 28 games in regulation last year with 8 in overtime/shootout. This included losses to Winnipeg, Phoenix (x3), Calgary (x3), Nashville (x2), Buffalo, New Jersey and Toronto. Somehow they still won a Cup?

and everyone thinks they are gonna be that team. l.a kings had four lines, six d , great goaltending, good coaching and are a huge friggin team.....thats why they won

And... Habs have the best goalie in the NHL, statistically the best defense in the NHL, arguably the best defenseman in the NHL, the have the top two clutch goal scorers in the NHL(Plek and Patch) a very fast team, lot's of depth, and actually a pretty damn good coach...

Yeah, we have a shot... and I don't think we need to be a Kings clone, if we were we wouldn't be in first place in our conference.

And... Habs have the best goalie in the NHL, statistically the best defense in the NHL, arguably the best defenseman in the NHL, the have the top two clutch goal scorers in the NHL(Plek and Patch) a very fast team, lot's of depth, and actually a pretty damn good coach...

Yeah, we have a shot... and I don't think we need to be a Kings clone, if we were we wouldn't be in first place in our conference.

love your confidence

It's not about being a clone but context. Good teams lose to not so good teams all of the time. Every year. Losing to the Sabres and Leafs last year didn't stop the Kings from winning the Cup. Losing to the Sabres and Coyotes this year isn't going to have a single iota of effect on how we do in the playoffs this year. Like I can't stress this enough. Like you said, Habs are at the top of the east right now. We're likely going to make the playoffs. Giving up a couple points to bottom feeders is the least of my worries. Can we beat the best teams in the NHL is a bigger worry. Beating the Red Wings 2-0 is far more important than losing to the Panthers in a shootout.

I'm not directing this to you Korp. If someone is posting here and cares more about the Habs upcoming games against the Blue Jackets and Leafs more than their upcoming games against the Blues, Bolts and Ducks then you're hopeless.

It's not about being a clone but context. Good teams lose to not so good teams all of the time. Every year. Losing to the Sabres and Leafs last year didn't stop the Kings from winning the Cup. Losing to the Sabres and Coyotes this year isn't going to have a single iota of effect on how we do in the playoffs this year. Like I can't stress this enough. Like you said, Habs are at the top of the east right now. We're likely going to make the playoffs. Giving up a couple points to bottom feeders is the least of my worries. Can we beat the best teams in the NHL is a bigger worry. Beating the Red Wings 2-0 is far more important than losing to the Panthers in a shootout.

I'm not directing this to you Korp. If someone is posting here and cares more about the Habs upcoming games against the Blue Jackets and Leafs more than their upcoming games against the Blues, Bolts and Ducks then you're hopeless.

Nobody "cares more about upcoming games against the weaker teams". Just that not everybody believes they are totally meaningless either.

Its not a personal insult against our habs and "those extremely sensitive fans" to voice concerns and notice where we need upgrading. Losing low scoring games against garbage teams if nothing else magnifies the need for secondary scoring. Thats all. Sometimes more can be learned from losses. Just like business.

Anybody else noticing Islanders and Caps lately?

I hear ya brother, sure did like the run where we beat Rangers, Stars, Preds and Washington, all wins, and only allowed 3 goals combined in those games, against good teams...

• Upvote 1

Good points in recent posts.

It may also be true that young teams need to learn to play as well as they can every night, not to turn it on and off like a tap. Looked at that way, the tendency to crap out against bottom-feeders may just be part of the learning curve for a team that is still growing into its role as a contender.

Good points in recent posts.

It may also be true that young teams need to learn to play as well as they can every night, not to turn it on and off like a tap. Looked at that way, the tendency to crap out against bottom-feeders may just be part of the learning curve for a team that is still growing into its role as a contender.

Well said.

I look at the recent string of losses against crap teams, combined with excellent 3rd periods as a positive.....For whatever reason this team plays up or down to it's oppenent but yet can seemingly force it's will on their opponent when need be. They are human and know that a February game against Florida isn't the end the world, especially when they are in first place. Just wait till the playoffs when they bring it 100%

On another note, let's trade for Bjugstad somehow