Carolina Hurricanes vs. Montreal Canadiens | February 7th, 2016 | 2:30 EST

Habsfan84

Technique doesn't matter until the puck is not in our net. That's my opinion.

Technique doesn't matter if you are Hasek. Scrivens isn't Hasek.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd agree with you if I was confident Price will be back and if I saw something to be hopeful over. We beat a horrible Edmonton that got thumped even worse by NYI, and beat the canes - who are not a playoff team, but still outplayed us.

I don't post in here often but I feel need to post this.

The Canadiens are only 6 points back of Boston and Tampa in the Atlantic with 28 games remaining and 3 of those games remaining against the Lightning.

The Canadiens are only 3 points back of Pittsburgh and 4 points back of Detroit for a wildcard spot. with 2 games remaining against the Red wings.

There is a lot of hockey left and teams will be leapfrogging one another for a while yet. If there is a team that can pull this off its the Canadiens...

Keep the faith. I am.

Guest Stogey24

I'd agree with you if I was confident Price will be back and if I saw something to be hopeful over. We beat a horrible Edmonton that got thumped even worse by NYI, and beat the canes - who are not a playoff team, but still outplayed us.

I just read an article from Jack Todd this morning about how happy he was that Bergevin didn't make any moves during their slump. Meanwhile last week he was ripping into Bergevin about not making moves and how embarrassing this team is. It's hilarious how fast people can jump back on the bandwagon.

I just read an article from Jack Todd this morning about how happy he was that Bergevin didn't make any moves during their slump. Meanwhile last week he was ripping into Bergevin about not making moves and how embarrassing this team is. It's hilarious how fast people can jump back on the bandwagon.

Todd is a clown, always has been.

Remember when Mike Boone was calling for Carbo to be fired, and then, the minute Carbo was fired, posted an angry headline: WHO SIGNED LARAQUE? and accused Gainey of passing the buck? (I like Boone, but that was a disgrace).

There is too little accountability for these guys.

In terms of goaltending technique, its absence usually guarantees mediocrity in the long run. But a goalie without technique can still go on a hot streak - I've seen that happen many times - and if the Habs get lucky, Scrivens is on one.

(This assumes, of course, that we don't want to 'tank.' I don't have the stomach for tanking myself, and find it intolerable to cheer for the Habs to lose. But I'll admit that the likeliest outcome of the Habs going on a run is that we miss the dance by a couple of points AND fail to get a high pick out of the deal).

We beat a horrible Edmonton that got thumped even worse by NYI, and beat the canes - who are not a playoff team, but still outplayed us.

That's quite a way to put a negative spin on two victories. Habs thump the Oilers but it's discredited because they got thumped again the next day. And beating the Canes who have been playing great lately doesn't matter because they aren't a playoff team and outplayed us. I seem to remember quite a few Habs games that they outplayed the opposition and still lost. Can't have it both ways.

Todd is a clown, always has been.

(This assumes, of course, that we don't want to 'tank.' I don't have the stomach for tanking myself, and find it intolerable to cheer for the Habs to lose. But I'll admit that the likeliest outcome of the Habs going on a run is that we miss the dance by a couple of points AND fail to get a high pick out of the deal).

Yes Todd is a clown, and as usual we will just about make the playoffs and not get a decent draft pick, fork this is what I always want the forking leafs to do. Dammit.

Yes Todd is a clown, and as usual we will just about make the playoffs and not get a decent draft pick, fork this is what I always want the forking leafs to do. Dammit.

Actually, this organization almost always makes the playoffs. You're confusing the past decade with the Houle years.

That's quite a way to put a negative spin on two victories. Habs thump the Oilers but it's discredited because they got thumped again the next day. And beating the Canes who have been playing great lately doesn't matter because they aren't a playoff team and outplayed us. I seem to remember quite a few Habs games that they outplayed the opposition and still lost. Can't have it both ways.

Good point Illy.

Win or lose we want to play hockey.

Actually, this organization almost always makes the playoffs. You're confusing the past decade with the Houle years.

Not always but my point was we never get a good draft pick because we almost always make the playoffs somehow. Sorry if i mislead you.

Pickin 12th as it stands today; but almost all team below them have 1 to 3 games in hand.

or go other way 4 points and 3 teams to climb over to be in a playoff spot and 1 and 3 games in hand for 2 of teams.

(So mathematically are still alive, but realistically sit at 17.2% of making playoffs)

We beat up on oilers team that is and has been the one of the worst teams for the last 6 years. Big shit. Than we got badly outplayed by a sucky canes team and scraped out a shoot out win. That's not going to get my hopes up for the playoffs. You may get all excited that it looks like we are going to get back into the playoffs, but these two wins aren't going to get my hopes up.

We beat up on that is and has been the one of the worst teams for the last 6 years. Big shit. Than we got badly outplayed by a sucky canes team and scraped out a shot out win. That's not going to get my hopes up for the playoffs. You may get all excited that it looks like we are going to get back into the playoffs, but this two wins aren't going to get my hopes up.

Nore mine, thank the great pumpkin that we don't just rely on Carey Price. BIG sarcasm thingy needed here. I guess I was not so far wrong when I said that Le Genius's record in based on" hey Carey you good to go tonite." cause some of you actually think he can coach.

Nore mine, thank the great pumpkin that we don't just rely on Carey Price. BIG sarcasm thingy needed here. I guess I was not so far wrong when I said that Le Genius's record in based on" hey Carey you good to go tonite." cause some of you actually think he can coach.

And some people who currently think he is incompetent at coaching thought he was doing a fine job at the beginning of the season and that the coaching issue could be put to rest. Coach is fine. Could be better, could be worse. Might be gone at season's end, might not. Not the hugest issue in the world either way.

I have never thought MT was a good coach. "Stop everything tonight Carey". Is not a coaching strategy. Not adjusting or changing your strategy as you continue to lose is the definition of insanity.

And some people who currently think he is incompetent at coaching thought he was doing a fine job at the beginning of the season and that the coaching issue could be put to rest. Coach is fine. Could be better, could be worse. Might be gone at season's end, might not. Not the hugest issue in the world either way.

Well.. tried it.

I tried adjusting my strategy for evaluating coaches.

Now I like Therrien.

My guess is he knows a hell of a lot more about coaching les boys than do I.

Now.. when it comes to prime ministers.. .game on!

Speaking of the Jets....

But I digress...

You never and I do mean never heard me say that. I always said it was Carey because there is no P/p and the team can't score.

Well.. tried it.

I tried adjusting my strategy for evaluating coaches.

Now I like Therrien.

My guess is he knows a hell of a lot more about coaching les boys than do I.

Now.. when it comes to prime ministers.. .game on!

Speaking of the Jets....

But I digress...

I like Justin how bout you? I hated that other guy I forget his name now you know the last guy.

You never and I do mean never heard me say that. I always said it was Carey because there is no P/p and the team can't score.

Alright

The boys are playing hard, and they are coming out ready to play in the first. The p/p tonite actually looked good. I was quite impressed, good movement, lots of different looks. Has Le Genius been reading this forum?

Galchenyuk Semin just need more time. Chucky is a dyamo, dangerous on every shift. Wait they are going to explode. Eller really is working hard. The team still has trouble scoring, but not as bad as last year. Great to see Emelin playing HIS game. He is actually pinching and moving in on the goalie. Wow where did that come from? Markov must be tutoring him. Petry what a find, well worth the money.

This is one tough team to play against. They will out work you all night long.

Mark Bergevin for GM of the year. Le Genius for most improved coach. Do they have an award for the coach who comes back from the dead? Cause right now he is doing a really good job. Still early, hope he stays out of the Scotch. :)

This team is a beauty when they play like they can. Wow. If Le Genius leaves them alone and lets them play it is all good. I mean that in the nicest way. A good coach does not mess with success, so really big kudos to him. He may earn my respect if he keeps this up. This team is playing lights out hockey, I can see 10 and 0 in the future. Absolutely fantastic. The powerplay was shit tonight but who cares we did not need it. Keep practicing so we have it when we need it. :hyper::habslogo:

Wow. If Le Genius leaves them alone and lets them play it is all good.

He didn't.

Le Genius for most improved coach. Do they have an award for the coach who comes back from the dead? Cause right now he is doing a really good job. Still early, hope he stays out of the Scotch. :)

Back to the dead.

But of course don't look at the 300 times I said it was Carey. Let's ignore that. When the going gets tough Le Genius forks off.