Martin fired, Cunneyworth interim coach for the rest of the year

dlbalr

I don't know that a small speedy team can ever effectively play a puck possession game. I think they'll be knocked off the puck far too often.

I think using the speed to transition and counterattack is the only way Martin could have gone.

Now with Eller. Patches, cole added maybe the size is there, but not when the coach first got here. Puck possession without size, puck possession by a soft team (as you characterized it) just isn't gonna happen consistently.

People talk about how Tampa attacks with their speed, but you can only attck with speed by creating turnovers and loose pucks. This requires strong D.

kostitsyn's rant on the radio over the summer was the beginning of jacques martin's firing. I created a thread entitled "there can be only one" all about this. My thread was promptly deleted... and Martin was promptly fired.

was it deleted or merged with another martin or kostitsyn thread?

they do that?

Yeah, we do that to keep things more organized. I believe one of our mods had sent you a PM explaining that around the time the threads were merged. If you have any questions, feel free to ask any of the mods or myself.

omg i'm catchin a ride home on the noobschoolbus - everything got merged into the fire martin thread just like you said.

Simmer. Show a bit of maturity in your comments. It makes sense to merge topics to keep the forum organized and easy to follow as Brian just said.