Official positivity thread

SOOPAVILLIN

Now there is only four games and coasting will get them a seat watching the play-offs. New Jersey/Chicago/Ottawa/Toronto. Will 2 pts get them in, maybe not. This is setting up as a must win against Toronto to get into play-offs. Since this is the positive thread I will not offer an opinion on that.

This fear of facing Toronto is getting old. Boone beats it to death EVERY day.

The Rangers lost to the Islanders last night. I know all Hab fans fear the Leaf scenario so badly that they look at the Sabres/Canes/Rangers schedule and mark up games against the Islanders as wins, but that isn't the way it works. That is fear induced analysis.

If Carolina goes 3-1-1 and the Leafs go 4-0 all the Habs need to do is win ONE GAME and they are in the playoffs.

Can we please drop this "ooooohhhh the Leafs" nonsense.

If Carolina goes 3-1-1 and the Leafs go 4-0 all the Habs need to do is win ONE GAME and they are in the playoffs.

Can we please drop this "ooooohhhh the Leafs" nonsense.

I am "positive" the Leafs will not go 4-0. I think were good for getting into the playoffs, though probably a bit of a bumpy ride.

One of my favourite quotes that I like to try to see in this team this year is.

"If you can be strong in the face of adversity, you will be invincible when times are good".

The magic number has dropped to 2 points with the Canes' OT loss tonight. The Habs just need 1 win this week to clinch, they've got 3 cracks at it.

Just like last season...

ok my opinion. what the hell good does it do to wail and weep over the current situation. nobody likes it. But this team for the last 2 years since rebuild 5a have never backed down or given up. they don't seem to know how. The playoffs are coming. i have been a fan for 46 years and I say the same thing every year. If they make the playoffs you have to worry about them because they are THE MONTREAL CANADIENS and they know how to win. see last year for exhibit a. :habslogo::clap:

Saint Augustine defined evil brilliantly as the absence of a 'good' that should be there. In short, the 'bad' stuff can only exist in what is good. And our team is good.

They have done one hell of a job with an injury parade that would have sunk most AHL OOPS! NHL teams.

That's good coaching and management. That's getting a lot out of what ya got including a really good goaltender.

And they will reappear. They can play with amazing precision and speed at times and they will again.

Nice going on surviving a dreadful series of key injuries and still even making a run for first in our segment.

Go Habs Go! :canada::quebec::habslogo::youpi::clap::wub:

Saint Augustine defined evil brilliantly as the absence of a 'good' that should be there. In short, the 'bad' stuff can only exist in what is good. And our team is good.

They have done one hell of a job with an injury parade that would have sunk most AHL OOPS! NHL teams.

That's good coaching and management. That's getting a lot out of what ya got including a really good goaltender.

And they will reappear. They can play with amazing precision and speed at times and they will again.

Nice going on surviving a dreadful series of key injuries and still even making a run for first in our segment.

Go Habs Go! :canada::quebec::habslogo::youpi::clap::wub:

Great analogy, just like yin and yang, there must be a balance of good and evil. Here's hoping we see the good sooner then later, the bad obviously being the plague of injuries.

Just like last season...

They will be in by Thursday at worst.

The Detroit/Ottawa combo should do it if they cannot beat the Hawks tomorrow.

Well since we're being positive:

please god above, let us:

Beat Boston in Round one

Beat the Capitals in Round two

Beat the Flyers in the Conference Final

Beat the Canucks at home in 7 games to win the Cup

have Gary Bettman present the Conn Smythe trophy to Max Pacioretty at the Bell Center

I promise I will never ask anything from you again oh Lord..

although if you could arrange for Carey Price to win the Hart and the Vezina trophies that would be just swell..

Beat Boston in Round one

have Gary Bettman present the Conn Smythe trophy to Max Pacioretty at the Bell Center

although if you could arrange for Carey Price to win the Hart and the Vezina trophies that would be just swell..

Amen

Beat Boston in Round one

No to the Vezina/Hart combo. That will jack his next contract into the $5.5-6M range. Been there done that with Theo.

Runner up for Vezina is good enough. He can win those meaningless awards when he is locked up long term.

No to the Vezina/Hart combo. That will jack his next contract into the $5.5-6M range. Been there done that with Theo.

Runner up for Vezina is good enough. He can win those meaningless awards when he is locked up long term.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way.

Never thought about that , good point.

you're too funny Wams.

I guess you have a point but its a thread about being positive..

damn

even in a fairy tale scenario you still find a way to say we'd be getting a raw deal?

the trophies are only meaningless because Habs players never win them.....

Beat Boston in Round one

C'mon Yeahbud....this sounds pretty far fetched........You really need to stop writing such non sense.

We'll beat Vancouver in 6.

C'mon Yeahbud....this sounds pretty far fetched........You really need to stop writing such non sense.

We'll beat Vancouver in 6.

Well yeh, it'd have to be Game 6 to win on home ice; Vancouver has home-ice advantage all playoffs. sleep.gif

you're too funny Wams.

I guess you have a point but its a thread about being positive..

damn

even in a fairy tale scenario you still find a way to say we'd be getting a raw deal?

the trophies are only meaningless because Habs players never win them.....

I am positive that Price is the best goaltender in the NHL. Awards are great negotiating tools. I don't need a Vezina trophy to tell me who is the best.

The NHL would have us believe that Roy was only the best goaltender in the NHL for 3 years of his career and that Hextall, Fuhr, Vanbiesbrouck, Carey, Kolzig and Theodore were better than him in individual years. It is handed out to the player with the best stats in a given year, not the best goaltender.

Price is better than Thomas, but Thomas will win the Vezina. I am 100% fine with that. I used to care about the trophies, but the media votes on the award and the media is driven by perception. Perception is not reality.

I am positive that Price is the best goaltender in the NHL. Awards are great negotiating tools. I don't need a Vezina trophy to tell me who is the best.

The NHL would have us believe that Roy was only the best goaltender in the NHL for 3 years of his career and that Hextall, Fuhr, Vanbiesbrouck, Carey, Kolzig and Theodore were better than him in individual years. It is handed out to the player with the best stats in a given year, not the best goaltender.

Price is better than Thomas, but Thomas will win the Vezina. I am 100% fine with that. I used to care about the trophies, but the media votes on the award and the media is driven by perception. Perception is not reality.

1clap.gif

I don't think of any other goaltender around which a GM would build a franchise. No one.

That being said, all the "trade Price, he's a bust and Keep Halak, he's the best goalie we ever had since Roy" believers, kiss my **s !

<br />Well since we're being positive:<br /><br />please god above,  let us:<br /><br /><br /><br />Beat Boston in Round one<br />Beat the Capitals in Round two<br />Beat the Flyers in the Conference Final<br />Beat the Canucks at home in 7 games to win the Cup<br />have Gary Bettman present the Conn Smythe trophy to Max Pacioretty at the Bell Center<br /><br />I promise I will never ask anything from you again oh Lord..<br /><br />although if you could arrange for Carey Price to win the Hart and the Vezina trophies that would be just swell..<br /><br /><br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />

Hee Hee... Now that there shyte is some powerful optimism...

May da Cup be filled with Du Molson... preferrably Rickards Red.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

A lot of good things happened last night for a team that people were losing confidence in 3 weeks ago.

We're only one game in so it's nothing to take for granted but the Habs played great defensively and Price was outstanding.

Even Gomer's getting in on the action.

Hope we can keep it up Saturday and get back to the Bell Centre with another win.

Edited by BrenDittero

Bump.

A lot of good things happened last night for a team that people were losing confidence in 3 weeks ago.

We're only one game in so it's nothing to take for granted but the Habs played a great defensively and Price was outstanding.

Even Gomer's getting in on the action.

Hope we can keep it up Saturday and get back to the Bell Centre with another win.

1 down 15 to go.