Injury news

Commandant

I feel confident that Prust will be back for game one against Tampa. Brian Wilde said he's close to returning. That's good news as now MT can dress a 4th line of Prust-White-Weise.

So Eller's sick? What does he have, vertigo, dementia, acute loss of all motor skills and mental faculties, sausage fingers, Andrei Kostitsyn syndrome, Jan Bulis-itis, that thing where all your internal organs forget what their job is, that other thing where you wake up one morning and you've forgotten who you are and you're trying to piece together your identity by tattooing clues onto your body? Day to day, is it?

Guest Stogey24

Galchenyuk (lower body) is out for the first round at a minimum.

I'm sorry, but that's just embarrassing. To be injured on a play like that is a joke. I understand shit happens, but he's young, injuries like that shouldn't happen.

So Eller's sick? What does he have, vertigo, dementia, acute loss of all motor skills and mental faculties, sausage fingers, Andrei Kostitsyn syndrome, Jan Bulis-itis, that thing where all your internal organs forget what their job is, that other thing where you wake up one morning and you've forgotten who you are and you're trying to piece together your identity by tattooing clues onto your body? Day to day, is it?

Nailed it!

I'm sorry, but that's just embarrassing. To be injured on a play like that is a joke. I understand shit happens, but he's young, injuries like that shouldn't happen.

Watched it several times and Hossa basically kneed him, actually coming off his foot/feet to do it. Sideways pressure on a planted knee will definitely hurt you, not a lot different than when Lucyic(not a typo) kneed Emelin, except that he was the hit-ee. Lucky to not be serious, or his previously injured knee....

Jeez not a lot of sympathy, tough crowd. I don't see him as being a shirker so I think we should accept that he is injured.

Blunden was recalled after 5 this afternoon. That's the final of the 4 non-emergency recalls unless they got creative and invented some DTD injuries along the way. We know Eller won't play tomorrow, neither will Prust or Moen (he skated today for the first time but isn't expected to be available for Game 1). Hopefully this is just so that Parros doesn't have to play and not that there's another injury up front that we don't know about yet.

Galchenyuk (lower body) is out for the first round at a minimum.

This really sucks! I was hoping the kid could learn from this first round in the playoffs! Hopefully he can actually come back sooner if its a long series.

This really sucks! I was hoping the kid could learn from this first round in the playoffs! Hopefully he can actually come back sooner if its a long series.

He will be back for Bruin series.

A note on Galchenyuk:

The extra time might also help Alex Galchenyuk, although the Canadiens would have to reach the Eastern Conference final to give him a chance at some playoff action. The forward suffered a knee injury on April 9 in Chicago and the original prognosis had him on the sidelines for 4-6 weeks.

That makes sense given that he was categorically ruled out of Round 1 before the series even started so there's no way he's going to be ready for the start of Round 2.

http://www.habsworld.net/out.php?19600

Hopefully Boston/Detroit goes to 7. That'll help.

Hope every series left goes 7 and beat crap out of each other.

Not that I want injuries and stars on any team to miss 2nd round, but softem them up for Habs is all good.

Hope every series left goes 7 and beat crap out of each other.

Not that I want injuries and stars on any team to miss 2nd round, but softem them up for Habs is all good.

Fork that the more injuries the better, don't have to b life threatning, just hurt enough to be out of the game.

Fork that the more injuries the better, don't have to b life threatning, just hurt enough to be out of the game.

I would prefer to see Lucic hit over and over by Emelin/Subban etc and take the dumb penalties he can be suckered into, than beat Bruins with him on sidelines.

Bit dumb I know; however, if Chara or Bergeron just happened to be out hurt, wouldn't break my heart.

I would prefer to see Lucic hit over and over by Emelin/Subban etc and take the dumb penalties he can be suckered into, than beat Bruins with him on sidelines.

Bit dumb I know; however, if Chara or Bergeron just happened to be out hurt, wouldn't break my heart.

chara is the one guy in the nhl I would like to see his ankle broken. I will never forgive or forget the attempted murder of Patches.

• Upvote 2

Marinaro is reporting via TSN690 that Price is hurt and receiving treatments.

That's not anything we didn't already know. Price's injury from the Olympics is one that's going to be lingering for the rest of the year. Down time is what will heal it (which means it won't heal fully until the offseason), I imagine he'll get a couple of practices off with Tokarski skating with the main group just to try to help the process along.

chara is the one guy in the nhl I would like to see his ankle broken. I will never forgive or forget the attempted murder of Patches.

Understand that and cant really defend Chara on that one incident, but I don't have a hate on for him.

I wonder how Moan is doing? Almost game ready I would assume?