Habs vs Panthers, March 29

Neech

Here's the dog:

Puppy_Dog_Eyes_by_Drocan.jpg

The Habs head to Florida to face the Panthers, who, as usual, aren't very threatening.

johnson2HR2.jpg

Plekanec is not playing due to his biologicial imperative to propagate his genetic line. Parros replaces him, and Murray replaces Tinordi, so everyone on the ice will look lightning-fast by comparison. Meanwhile, Luongo and Huberdeau won't even be playing for the Panthers, so this should be a breeze, eh? A walk in the park? A piece of cake? Easy as pie?

Puck drops around 7:10

sddefault.jpg

Parros, Murray, Bouillon - all dressed? Yikes!

I can't understand why Beaulieu is not getting a chance to play? Would he be that much worse paired with Subban than Bouillon? *shakes head*

Guest Stogey24

I can't understand why Beaulieu is not getting a chance to play? Would he be that much worse paired with Subban than Bouillon? *shakes head*

Not too sure either.

I've gone on enough about the lack of effort upon being demoted already so I'll toss a different reason out there: recall limits. The Habs (and every other team) get 4 non-emergency recalls from the trade deadline to the end of their AHL affiliates' season (April 19th for Hamilton, which will be a few games into the playoffs). They've used one already with Tokarski's spot start. With the injuries up front, they may want to save one or two of those in case they really don't want to play Parros. That doesn't leave a ton of leeway for a recall.

There's also the cap. The Habs will finish the year over the cap as it is, bringing up Beaulieu or anyone else for that matter just reduces their available cap space for next year. Beaulieu or anyone else from down there isn't playing in the postseason either since Gorges will be back either so it's not a matter of getting Beaulieu ready for the postseason.

And lastly, even if they were to call a D up, it should be Pateryn as he has had a much better season and quite frankly should have had a look already.

• Upvote 1

Would rather see Pateryn get a shot.

But, he and Beaulieu will be playing a tougher team than Panthers today anyways.

I've gone on enough about the lack of effort upon being demoted already so I'll toss a different reason out there: recall limits. The Habs (and every other team) get 4 non-emergency recalls from the trade deadline to the end of their AHL affiliates' season (April 19th for Hamilton, which will be a few games into the playoffs). They've used one already with Tokarski's spot start. With the injuries up front, they may want to save one or two of those in case they really don't want to play Parros. That doesn't leave a ton of leeway for a recall.

There's also the cap. The Habs will finish the year over the cap as it is, bringing up Beaulieu or anyone else for that matter just reduces their available cap space for next year. Beaulieu or anyone else from down there isn't playing in the postseason either since Gorges will be back either so it's not a matter of getting Beaulieu ready for the postseason.

And lastly, even if they were to call a D up, it should be Pateryn as he has had a much better season and quite frankly should have had a look already.

But Beaulieu is too good to be playing in Hamilton and he knows it. What else does he need to learn from Lefebvre? Not too mention, are guys like Leblanc and Blunden really supposed to mentor this guy? With the Habs need for speed on the back-end, there trouble scoring on the powerplay, and Beaulieu's cap hit being relatively low - it makes no sense he's still in Hamilton. And you make a good point, with Gorges coming back in the playoff's, why not give the kid some real experience in the last 6 games? He's not going to get it in Hamilton (missing the playoffs).

Man our top line has some serious chemistry

Yeah Vanek has blended in perfectly with DD & Max. I knew he would if given a chance, but MT desperately wanted him to play on Plekanec's line first, unfortunately.

But Beaulieu is too good to be playing in Hamilton and he knows it. What else does he need to learn from Lefebvre? Not too mention, are guys like Leblanc and Blunden really supposed to mentor this guy? With the Habs need for speed on the back-end, there trouble scoring on the powerplay, and Beaulieu's cap hit being relatively low - it makes no sense he's still in Hamilton. And you make a good point, with Gorges coming back in the playoff's, why not give the kid some real experience in the last 6 games? He's not going to get it in Hamilton (missing the playoffs).

Too good eh? He would agree and tell you that as well (and play like he is, a slightly above average AHL d-man).

Too good eh? He would agree and tell you that as well (and play like he is, a slightly above average AHL d-man).

Haha, exactly! If you don't believe me on how good he is, just ask him :rofl:

Man Vanek is skillz trew da roof!

• Upvote 1

i disagree. He's NHL ready, based on the last time he was called up. I saw a lot of improvement in his defensive play and positioning, and he was gambling less in offensive situations. To me, he's closer to NHL ready than Tinordi is now; Tinordi's decision making in the defensive zone still needs some work but he's getting better.

We'll see in the offseason how many veterans MB decides to resign like Murray, Bouillon, Weaver whether the team decides to give Either Tinordi or Beaulieu a chance at a permanent roster spot next fall.

George you need to retire bud. Every fight ends that way for him. Dirty move by Barch though

George you need to retire bud. Every fight ends that way for him. Dirty move by Barch though

My sister had the same problem.