Habs vs Lightning, April 1

Neech

Guest Stogey24

I really don't see the size advantage in Tampa.

I saw a game fought between goalies with a lot of players falling into bad habits again.

Plus it was call after call of bad penalty, on both sides.

Getting pretty tired of Subban coughing the puck up right beside our net.

Let's not get too far ahead. One shorty, one pp goal, one empty net. Anyone think they do that four times? They played a clinical game and had eight power plays. With Gorges/Prust/Moen back, playing at least two in the Bell Centre?

Not to mention, the Bolts cannot count on getting all the bogus penalty calls going their way most games. (Now, with that said, they did just as well on Montreal's power plays. :wall: )

All in all, I didn't think it was a terrible game. Tampa was a bit better but nowhere near the extent where they become the prohibitive favourites in a playoff series. It was a toss-up before the game, I think it still is now.

All in all, I didn't think it was a terrible game. Tampa was a bit better but nowhere near the extent where they become the prohibitive favourites in a playoff series. It was a toss-up before the game, I think it still is now.

Tampa was favoured before the game (normal for home team with 2 quite equal teams.

First 2 periods quite even.

Special teams not so even.

Not very often Habs have swept Florida on road trip (too much sand in skates).

Tampa was favoured before the game (normal for home team with 2 quite equal teams.

First 2 periods quite even.

Special teams not so even.

This is actually remarkable to me. The Habs special teams are their strong point, and Tampa dominated there. The Habs 5-on-5 haven't been so great, but Montreal held the advantage there.

I'm really thinking this is gonna be a great playoff series.

They tend to have trouble with fast teams like Tampa, but count on weaker goaltending to win. Unfortunately, Tampa has very good goaltending which makes them tough for the Habs to beat.

Boys will need a huge effort in the playoffs to beat these guys.

Yes, need to play vs the likes of a Rask more to win!

I think both teams should complain to the NHL about the reffing, it was horrid. The TB penalty for tripping Gallagher ( I think it was)? The Tampa guy was 4 feet away and never touched him. There were hooking calls that were non existant. How does Chris Lee still have a job?

As to the game TB played a strong forecheck and were all over the Habs, which leads to turnovers and breakaways. We have seen this before, it is apparently the way to beat the Habs. Don't give them any room, and they become confused and forked up. MT really better look at the tape of this game and figure out a way to give PK Vanek Markov etc more room or this going to be a repeat performance. The only reason this score was close was Carey Price, as per normal. Really it should have been at least 4 or 5 to 1 with no empty netter. :habslogo:

This game was an absolute gong show. I can't remember having ever seen worse officiating.

It's too bad, because I don't think either team got to play *their* game due to the reffing. So much for a playoff preview.

The Voice of Reason!

Tickets reasonable prices eh, look to be bout 1/10 of that in Montreal?

I hope so! I've never seen a Habs playoff game. I'm going as long as they have a weekend game.

I'm not basing my opinion on the Habs vs Lightning series from that game, I think we have the depth, and the physical advantage, as well as the advantage in goal. Yeah, they played a great game last night at home, I don't think they can play much better for a long period of time, and I know we can..... a series isn't one game.... :habslogo:

• Upvote 1

I'm not basing my opinion on the Habs vs Lightning series from that game, I think we have the depth, and the physical advantage, as well as the advantage in goal. Yeah, they played a great game last night at home, I don't think they can play much better for a long period of time, and I know we can..... a series isn't one game.... :habslogo:

Not defending Crankshaft's elbow on Kostka, but add back in Tinordi-Prust-Moan-Weise and physical advantage is even more one sided.

Not defending Crankshaft's elbow on Kostka, but add back in Tinordi-Prust-Moan-Weise and physical advantage is even more one sided.

As we learned during the Martin years, physicality counts. One impressive thing about MB/MT is that we aren't really being bullied.

What Murray did, no one wants to see that, but someone like Victor Hed man, or Tyler Johnson or Nikita Kucherov, if Prust or Tinordi or Murray lean on them, they'll roll over.

The same thing happened to Eller, Gallagher, Diaz and Galchenyuk versus Ottawa. I expect a nasty series. For whatever reason, Montreal is always involved in nasty rivalries/series.

As we learned during the Martin years, physicality counts. One impressive thing about MB/MT is that we aren't really being bullied.

What Murray did, no one wants to see that, but someone like Victor Hed man, or Tyler Johnson or Nikita Kucherov, if Prust or Tinordi or Murray lean on them, they'll roll over.

The same thing happened to Eller, Gallagher, Diaz and Galchenyuk versus Ottawa. I expect a nasty series. For whatever reason, Montreal is always involved in nasty rivalries/series.

If you are gonna travel to other coast for game, you hope to see a bit of fiestyness no doubt!

1st round series tend to be quite 'spirited' affairs.

(Conner Crisp supposed to play his 1st AHL game today, we are all hoping he may turn out to be a Prust-type and help add to Bergevin's 'culture-change' in couple years)

Yes, need to play vs the likes of a Rask more to win!

I don't think Boston has a speed advantage on us. Tampa does, at least on several lines which is a problem with Emelin and Markov being slow.

I don't think Boston has a speed advantage on us. Tampa does, at least on several lines which is a problem with Emelin and Markov being slow.

So Salo, Brewer, Hedman, Gudas are fleet afoot are they? Charles Hamelin's they are not and many d- are slow'ish' but smart and can overcome speedy forwards.

I wouldn't even give Tampa's forwards a noticeable speed advantage neither (but never compared em too closely).

Guest Stogey24

Lets just hope if we do play Tampa first round it doesn't turn out like the Ottawa series. I'm not a huge fan of this match up and it could easily end up being a goalie show down.

Lets just hope if we do play Tampa first round it doesn't turn out like the Ottawa series. I'm not a huge fan of this match up and it could easily end up being a goalie show down.

Habs are deeper and healthier (or should be?) this year than last and you cant discount impact Vanek adds.

So, got to say Habs should be favoured, but not by much.

Last year Plekanec-Subban-Galchenyuk-Bourque led offense in 1st round, who will it be this year?

This game was an absolute gong show. I can't remember having ever seen worse officiating.

It's too bad, because I don't think either team got to play *their* game due to the reffing. So much for a playoff preview.

A few times against Carolina.

Once this year on NYE and another one before Christmas about 5 seasons ago.