Murray Suspended Three Games

Fanpuck33

Nathan Beaulieu has been called up to replace Murray. About time!

Maybe we'll see my dream defense pairings:

Markov - Emelin

Beaulieu - Subban

Tinordi - Weaver

I doubt both of them will play in the same game often. One will sit, one will play, likely a rotation. I still think Pateryn should have got the call, he deserved it an awful lot more than Beaulieu.

Also worth noting is that this is non-emergency recall #2 out of the allowable 4 between now and April 19th.

I doubt both of them will play in the same game often. One will sit, one will play, likely a rotation. I still think Pateryn should have got the call, he deserved it an awful lot more than Beaulieu.

Beaulieu's shining -17 and weaker offense is what sold em.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=712655&navid=nhl:topheads

I don't follow other suspensions very much to gauge how it compares to others, but I think he got off light. Very dirty hit.

No intent, never been suspended before, is not considered a dirty player. He got exactly what I thought he would. Sometimes they get it right. It was dirty but it was a reflexive move. No thought involved.

No intent, never been suspended before, is not considered a dirty player. He got exactly what I thought he would. Sometimes they get it right. It was dirty but it was a reflexive move. No thought involved.

That's pretty much how I saw it too. It looked like a reluctant knee jerk elbow. Sure did some damage, and that's no fun. Good suspension.

Murray got around what he should have given the current rules. Personally I think the starting point for hits like that should be around 8 games.

Sad thing is Murray's 3 game suspension is 3 more than what Chara got for the Maxpac hit, as well as what Lucic got for the Miller hit.

Murray got around what he should have given the current rules. Personally I think the starting point for hits like that should be around 8 games.

Sad thing is Murray's 3 game suspension is 3 more than what Chara got for the Maxpac hit, as well as what Lucic got for the Miller hit.

Yeah, this sort of hit should be worth 8 minimum. He elbowed him very hard straight to the face. Kostka was knocked out. I don't know how people arguing intent got inside Murray's head, but the action speaks for itself. Murray could be a choirboy his whole career before this, just like most people thought Chara was a good guy until his attempted decapitation.

Another thing I don't get is how the irrelevant match penalty given to Murray, as well as the fact that Kostka didn't need to be stretchered off the ice figured into the suspension at all. They should just be looking at the hit.

Yeah, this sort of hit should be worth 8 minimum. He elbowed him very hard straight to the face. Kostka was knocked out. I don't know how people arguing intent got inside Murray's head, but the action speaks for itself. Murray could be a choirboy his whole career before this, just like most people thought Chara was a good guy until his attempted decapitation.

Another thing I don't get is how the irrelevant match penalty given to Murray, as well as the fact that Kostka didn't need to be stretchered off the ice figured into the suspension at all. They should just be looking at the hit.

I don't know Neech you have a tough point of view . Have you ever been in that situation? I said there was no intent because it was pretty obvious that he simply reacted in a knee jerk fashion. Also under the way they have been handing out suspensions, this was normal. Do I like the hit? no obviously not but I have been there and it just happens sometimes. In our effort to eradicate the really bad offenders lets not throw the baby out with the bath water. And for the great pumkins sake Habs29 don't get me started on Chara again, I just want him to get his ankle broken then he can just go away. Hopefully a Hab does it.

I don't know Neech you have a tough point of view . Have you ever been in that situation? I said there was no intent because it was pretty obvious that he simply reacted in a knee jerk fashion. Also under the way they have been handing out suspensions, this was normal. Do I like the hit? no obviously not but I have been there and it just happens sometimes. In our effort to eradicate the really bad offenders lets not throw the baby out with the bath water. And for the great pumkins sake Habs29 don't get me started on Chara again, I just want him to get his ankle broken then he can just go away. Hopefully a Hab does it.

3 games is fine.

I still don't mind a hit like that as much as running d-men from behind, or gentle shoves from behind 5-10 feet from boards, which put a player off balance and really cause more injuries than any other.

Cant comment on Chara without 29 losing it, but good on Lucic for smoking Miller, was a clean hit (charging if anything); but, any frickin goalie who goes wandering should be fair game. They got more padding than anyone and carry a big stick if need be.

Guest Stogey24

Murray missed his initial hit and his last resort was just trying to catch kostka with anything he could. I didn't really see any intent to injure. Shanahan deals with these hits non-stop, he knows what he's doing. 8 games is pretty extreme.

Cant comment on Chara without 29 losing it, but good on Lucic for smoking Miller, was a clean hit (charging if anything); but, any frickin goalie who goes wandering should be fair game. They got more padding than anyone and carry a big stick if need be.

As a former goal tender I agree with you. The goalie has a crease for a reason. He also has a big stick for a reason :rolleyes:

Not defending Murray's hit at all, but it was clearly knee jerk to try and stop Koska from going around him, trying to get a piece that's all, no intent really, Murray isn't dirty....

and there is no consistency by league office... it's a shit show what the Bruins get away with, every time.

Chara hits multiple people in the head every game, punches, cross checks, slashes and his favorite, hits from behind, everyone on the opposing team answers to Chara, and there is a different set of rules for him, cause he's special.... special Olympics type special....

The self appointed dealer of justice on all matters anti-Bruins, and he gets away with murder time and time again,

I got Habs29's back on Chara..... and Habs Rule and I have the same dreams for the Charastein goof....

More than three would not have been consistent with any of the other suspensions handed out this year, as the hit wasn't as bad as most other suspendable hits.

With that said, I think three games is about right here, but... the hit wasn't nearly as dirty as one a couple years ago from a certain 6'9" Slovak defenseman who plays for Boston when he intentionally grabbed the back of Pacioretty's head and skated him full speed into a stanchion, and got no suspension out of it.

Murray's hit was simply the result of a big, slow d-man being caught flatfooted and trying to make himself bigger with his elbows. It was a "Hockey play." Chara's hit and everything that came with it was completely intentional. If you watch the replay in slow motion, there was nothing accidental about any of it.

More than three would not have been consistent with any of the other suspensions handed out this year, as the hit wasn't as bad as most other suspendable hits.

With that said, I think three games is about right here, but... the hit wasn't nearly as dirty as one a couple years ago from a certain 6'9" Slovak defenseman who plays for Boston when he intentionally grabbed the back of Pacioretty's head and skated him full speed into a stanchion, and got no suspension out of it.

Murray's hit was simply the result of a big, slow d-man being caught flatfooted and trying to make himself bigger with his elbows. It was a "Hockey play." Chara's hit and everything that came with it was completely intentional. If you watch the replay in slow motion, there was nothing accidental about any of it.

I could not agree more. Still waiting for someone to break that big goofs ankle.