Apr. 4, Montreal vs Ottawa, 7 PM

dlbalr

Nother quiet/solid game by Weaver and led team with 25+minutes.

Budaj got his save% up to .907 by the end, had a good workout, nice of him to keep fighting after hung out to dry on 3rd goal.

Subban now -9 in last 13 games, maybe he does have a minor injury?

Would be nice to see the PP get back on track in last few practice games, I thought Vanek would help but PP is now 18th in league?

Joe, Vanek fits a profile that we have nowhere else in the system: big, high-end, scoring winger. I've said before, if you're gonna break the bank on a UFA, it has to be for an elite talent that fills a fundamental organizational need. Vanek will absolutely be an overpay, but we see what chemistry he has with Patches and DD, and what he adds to this nucleus - I have no problem with going "all in" on him. When it turns out to be an albatross in the last couple of years of the contract, well, it'll be up to Bergie to find a way to cope with that. That's how it goes in today's NHL and every team has a bad contract or two. Vanek will bring HUGE results for years to come and that should balance out any problems in the latter years of the deal.

I personally hate benching and I don't believe it really helps the player as much as direct coaching. Just tell the player what they are doing wrong and doing right.

I concur

Joe, Vanek fits a profile that we have nowhere else in the system: big, high-end, scoring winger. I've said before, if you're gonna break the bank on a UFA, it has to be for an elite talent that fills a fundamental organizational need. Vanek will absolutely be an overpay, but we see what chemistry he has with Patches and DD, and what he adds to this nucleus - I have no problem with going "all in" on him. When it turns out to be an albatross in the last couple of years of the contract, well, it'll be up to Bergie to find a way to cope with that. That's how it goes in today's NHL and every team has a bad contract or two. Vanek will bring HUGE results for years to come and that should balance out any problems in the latter years of the deal.

I say give him 7mill for 7 years. These deals are where the GM goes for the cup or is happy making the 2nd round. I hope that Mr Molson wants a cup.

I just saw this on HIO. And you guys want to tell me that MT is sane?

“We showed a lot of character to come back after giving up three goals and as a coach you appreciate that,” Therrien said after the Canadiens gave up three first-period goals before rallying for a 7-4 win over the Senators Friday night in Ottawa. “We didn’t quit and we showed that we’re ready for the playoffs. We’ve achieved our goal of making the playoffs and now we want to play solid and play with passion and we did that tonight.”

Ireally don't know what game he was watching, but what I saw a team that came out asleep, couldn't figure out which end of the ice was which, so they just stayed in their own end for the first 6 minutes. Then I saw a couple of really lucky goals on a goaltender who has really crashed back to earth. I would not look at this very poorly played defensive game and say we are ready for the playoffs. They got out shot 43 to 23. Ottawa could easily have had another 4 goals. They had a goal disallowed that was legal cause the refs are idiots. Ottawa hit 3 goalposts. And that doesn't even encompass all the amazing saves that Buds had. If MT thinks that game shows playoff readiness, we are in a lot of trouble, cause he is completely nuts. But wait no, he is a genius I keep forgetting. Just look at the record he must be.

I don't get the constant ragging AND being paired with Bouillon. Why not try Tinordi with him?

I'm not sure what PK's problem is lately. I hope to hell it's not a conflict with the coaching staff. It's one thing to dislike the coach - quite another to start playing badly because you're so alienated. If the latter is what's going on, then he will not be a Montreal Canadien for the long-term, because Bergie is too old-school to fire a successful coach just to accommodate a player.

But presumably it's not really that. We should remember that PK is still just a kid, despite his incredible achievements, and is probably just going through a comparatively low-confidence period. Of course, being continually ragged on by coaches who tell him that all his instincts are always wrong in every way - and having that message reinforced by innumerable "experts" - likely doesn't help. What does PK know, after all? He is merely a superstar talent.

As for Ottawa getting blown out on the way to missing the playoffs: it couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch of pr*cks. Enjoy golfing, losers.

100% agree!

I love great comebacks, but being outshot by a 2 to 1 margin does not show playoff readiness. The defense were pretty much pylons last night.

I'm feelingore and more like Subban is going to get moved this year, given the treatment he's been getting. When you have multiple games were frigigin Bouillon gets more ice time than Subban, there is something seriously wrong!

We showed a lot of character to come back after giving up three goals and as a coach you appreciate that, Therrien said after the Canadiens gave up three first-period goals before rallying for a 7-4 win over the Senators Friday night in Ottawa. We didnt quit and we showed that were ready for the playoffs. Weve achieved our goal of making the playoffs and now we want to play solid and play with passion and we did that tonight.

Ireally don't know what game he was watching, but what I saw a team that came out asleep, couldn't figure out which end of the ice was which, so they just stayed in their own end for the first 6 minutes. Then I saw a couple of really lucky goals on a goaltender who has really crashed back to earth. I would not look at this very poorly played defensive game and say we are ready for the playoffs. They got out shot 43 to 23. Ottawa could easily have had another 4 goals. They had a goal disallowed that was legal cause the refs are idiots. Ottawa hit 3 goalposts. And that doesn't even encompass all the amazing saves that Buds had. If MT thinks that game shows playoff readiness, we are in a lot of trouble, cause he is completely nuts. But wait no, he is a genius I keep forgetting. Just look at the record he must be.

Yeah, the Subban situation is worrying me. I'm not sure if the organization from the top down has his back, or if PK thinks they have his back. Maybe the idea of playing in such a crazy market with such iffy organizational support is souring on him. I hope Bergevin isn't deluded enough to choose Therrien over PK.

I don't get the constant ragging AND being paired with Bouillon. Why not try Tinordi with him?

They did briefly. It didn't go over too well (-3 in 49 5-on-5 minutes). Tinordi has a hard time logging more than #6 minutes against weaker opponents, asking him to carry more of the load against tougher competition is putting him in a tough spot.

Bouillon, for his faults, is a better fit in my opinion. There's less highs and lows to his game (more consistent) and he's a better skater, putting him in a better position to back up when Subban rushes. I think there will be a time when Tinordi can handle playing with Subban, I don't think that time is now though.

Of course, this is all largely moot as it sounds like Gorges is on target to return for the Chicago game. He'll move into Bouillon's spot and that will be that.

“We showed a lot of character to come back after giving up three goals and as a coach you appreciate that,” Therrien said after the Canadiens gave up three first-period goals before rallying for a 7-4 win over the Senators Friday night in Ottawa. “We didn’t quit and we showed that we’re ready for the playoffs. We’ve achieved our goal of making the playoffs and now we want to play solid and play with passion and we did that tonight.”

Have no fear, Therrien will get the boys to wake up and shake off this little 8-2 slump and start doing something more to your liking! :tumbleweed:

Have no fear, Therrien will get the boys to wake up and shake off this little 8-2 slump and start doing something more to your liking! :tumbleweed:

Me thinks you missed the point of my post and Don lay off the Koolaid, it will kill you man. :)

PK needs Gorges to shore up the defensive pairing. Tinordi can't handle the minutes and has his own defensive issues. Boo boo is a poor mans gorges. He isn't great, but he is a vet and can keep it simple when directed.

People wonder why PK is treated the way he is. For one, he has been treated that way since jr. He responds to it. Others respond better to praise. Second, boo boo has limited talent but does what the coach tells him. PK gets in trouble when he doesn't give 100% and doesn't follow the system. He has made gaffs with zero punishment many times because it was a gaffe while doing what he was asked to do. When he goes his own way, there is zero tolerance. Third, PK is a huge talent and a leader. He needs to lead by example and not ignore the system. He is treated harder because he is far more important to the team then most.

I remember people complaining that poor Price was mistreated. Wrong... Price was learning how to be a great goalie. Look at him now.

I have zero worries that PK will leave as long as the Habs give him a decent contract offer.

• Upvote 1

PK needs Gorges to shore up the defensive pairing. Tinordi can't handle the minutes and has his own defensive issues. Boo boo is a poor mans gorges. He isn't great, but he is a vet and can keep it simple when directed.

People wonder why PK is treated the way he is. For one, he has been treated that way since jr. He responds to it. Others respond better to praise. Second, boo boo has limited talent but does what the coach tells him. PK gets in trouble when he doesn't give 100% and doesn't follow the system. He has made gaffs with zero punishment many times because it was a gaffe while doing what he was asked to do. When he goes his own way, there is zero tolerance. Third, PK is a huge talent and a leader. He needs to lead by example and not ignore the system. He is treated harder because he is far more important to the team then most.

I remember people complaining that poor Price was mistreated. Wrong... Price was learning how to be a great goalie. Look at him now.

I have zero worries that PK will leave as long as the Habs give him a decent contract offer.

Price was always a talent, I personally never complained about how he was treated. I would say that the big step he took this year had to do with the goalie coach who has made Price and Budaj better goalies. As to PK I hope you are right. I may disagree but I honestly hope you are right.

Price was always a talent, I personally never complained about how he was treated. I would say that the big step he took this year had to do with the goalie coach who has made Price and Budaj better goalies. As to PK I hope you are right. I may disagree but I honestly hope you are right.

We all hope I am right... At least about him staying. :)