Jonas Gustafsson
Jimmy Howard

Team Leaders
G Gustav Nyquist (28)
A Niklas Kronwall (39)
PTS Henrik Zetterberg (48)
+/- Henrik Zetterberg (+19)
PIMS Kyle Quincey (84)
Injuries: Dan Cleary, Willie Coetzee, Jonathan Ericsson, Mikael Samuelsson, Stephen Weiss, Henrik Zetterberg
Scratches: Joakim Andersson, Todd Bertuzzi

Montreal Canadiens (44-27-7)

Projected Lineup

extralarge.png

Max Pacioretty - David Desharnais - Thomas Vanek
Alex Galchenyuk - Tomas Plekanec - Brendan Gallagher
Lars Eller - Daniel Briere - Brian Gionta
Michael Bournival - Ryan White - Rene Bourque

Andrei Markov - Alexei Emelin
Francis Bouillon - P.K. Subban
Jarred Tinordi - Mike Weaver

Carey Price
Peter Budaj

Team Leaders
G Max Pacioretty (38)
A P.K. Subban (43)
PTS Thomas Vanek (67)
+/- Markov/Plekanec (+12)
PIMS Brandon Prust (121)
Injuries: Josh Gorges, Travis Moen, Brandon Prust, Dale Weise
Scratches: Nathan Beaulieu, Douglas Murray (susp.), George Parros

Puck Drop: 7:00 PM EST TV: RDS, CBC Radio: TSN 690 FM 98.5

I just like that the real Tinordi he shown up and he is looking better all the time, again I say pencil him in for next decade and never ever scratch him again for a depth d-men.

Hope hand not screwed up too bad after beating on Grbyas' brain bucket numerous times.

I may be in the minority here - but I want a win for the Leafs tonight.

A second round or third round matchup between TOR and MTL would be absolutely sublime. And the ecstasy of winning that round, I want to see the CBC brass tuck their tails.

100% agree! I'd also add that we should pair him with Subban. IMO that should be the pairing for the next 5 years

I just like that the real Tinordi he shown up and he is looking better all the time, again I say pencil him in for next decade and never ever scratch him again for a depth d-men.

Hope hand not screwed up too bad after beating on Grbyas' brain bucket numerous times.

Patches will hit 40 tonight

Wouldn't that just be terrific.

And he still looks like he's in his 20's too! :blush:

A second round or third round matchup between TOR and MTL would be absolutely sublime. And the ecstasy of winning that round, I want to see the CBC brass tuck their tails.

Ohhhh...yes...!!

It is just my opinnion buy MT has to quit forking with his head.

Didn't our rightly beloved PK see some pretty limited use in the Olympics?

I think coaching him must be a hell of a challenge requiring a willingness to be wrong from both sides.

Of course.. I'm not willing to be wrong about this........................................................... :flaming:

• Upvote 1

I think coaching him must be a hell of a challenge requiring a willingness to be wrong from both sides.

Of course.. I'm not willing to be wrong about this........................................................... :flaming:

As always funny stuff, but the way PK is being treated cannot be good for him imho. I worry that he says fork this I can go be a big star anyplace else, I don't need this shite. But I truly hope not. As to the Olympics, I may not have agreed with it but I will say that Babcock was up front with PK throughout the process and PK knew that he may not get much of an opportunity to play. That is different than stapling his a$$ to the bench after 37 secs on the ice.

Fork the laffs I hope they finish 1 point away from a playoff spot on the last day of the season.

• Upvote 1

There's nothing official yet but I have a hunch he'll sit tonight for Beaulieu.

big difference to sit Subban in favour of other Norris contenders and sitting him for any of Dman not named Markov.

That makes zero sense. WIth 5 games left, we should be getting the kids as much games as possible before the playoffs.

Could be, but I would not do that (But, not likely smartest/safest with so many NHL d-men options available to Therrien), 74-76-79-26-43-24 would work for me vs Tampa, but 6-55 are vets and will push him to press box no doubt.

That makes zero sense. WIth 5 games left, we should be getting the kids as much games as possible before the playoffs.

It's just a hunch. The logic behind it is that they apparently promised Beaulieu a game (and since he probably will be sent back down after Murray's suspension ends and Gorges' likely return next game, that leaves this one) and they'll want to keep the veterans who will play in the postseason in the lineup as fresh as possible so they'll play guys like Bouillon now knowing they'll be out soon. Maybe they sit Weaver after he played so much yesterday but if not, I suspect they'll flip the kids tonight.

It's just a hunch. The logic behind it is that they apparently promised Beaulieu a game (and since he probably will be sent back down after Murray's suspension ends and Gorges' likely return next game, that leaves this one) and they'll want to keep the veterans who will play in the postseason in the lineup as fresh as possible so they'll play guys like Bouillon now knowing they'll be out soon. Maybe they sit Weaver after he played so much yesterday but if not, I suspect they'll flip the kids tonight.

please be sitting bouillon :pray::pray::pray::pray:

That would also serve the purpose of breaking up the Boullion-Subban pairing

A win tonight would guarantee us a second or third position in the division. That's something to play for. Detroit is playing quite well. It will be a tough game.

A win tonight would guarantee us a second or third position in the division. That's something to play for. Detroit is playing quite well. It will be a tough game.

Well we better play a lot better than we did last night cause we ain't gonna come back from 3 goals agaist Detroit. Although that would be a lot of fun.

Well we better play a lot better than we did last night cause we ain't gonna come back from 3 goals agaist Detroit. Although that would be a lot of fun.

I am not sure, DD's line may go globetrotters on wings-d, which isn't that strong is it?

Another night of Gary Galley? I think that they just said mark lee and gary galley at the bell centre. Someone better tell galley who is playing. Lord grant me strength

Kessel has the leafs up 1-0

Well, so far they ignored Pacs being brought down, but Briere gets a penalty because Smyth fell.

It happens.

Work for your chances.