Sept. 26, Leafs vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

What a terrible change by De La Rose

Weise didn't look any better trying to defend van Riemsdyk on that goal. Fortunately, it doesn't count against Condon who still has a 0.00 GAA and 1.000 SV% in the preseason. He wasn't tested much but he certainly didn't hurt his cause.

Barberio led the way in ice time, just shy of 25 minutes. Dietz and Pateryn were just under 23, Tinordi a little over 21 (and he was better than his first couple of games).

Andrighetto led the way in shots on goal with 4. I wouldn't have guessed that.

I like Fleischmann more than him so far.

Flash I like that nickname looked really good. I got a kick out of the announcers, Weise was the best player on the ice untill JVR scored, then he was the best all night. :) So however many they had dressed tonight, other than the vets we won't see many of these guys after tomorrow. There will be a few but not many.

Has Fleischman looked good this preseason - making a strong case for himself? It sounds like it, but I'd be curious to hear more from anyone who's been paying particular attention.

Has Fleischman looked good this preseason - making a strong case for himself? It sounds like it, but I'd be curious to hear more from anyone who's been paying particular attention.

He has made a strong case. He only has played in two games but in both contests, his line has really stood out while he's picked up a couple of points as well. They've used him on both the PP and PK and he has taken the odd faceoff as well (since he can play C). If he keeps this up, there's a good chance he'll sign.

He has made a strong case. He only has played in two games but in both contests, his line has really stood out while he's picked up a couple of points as well. They've used him on both the PP and PK and he has taken the odd faceoff as well (since he can play C). If he keeps this up, there's a good chance he'll sign.

Good to know, Brian - thanks. He's one of those players I've always sort of liked, so good on him if he does get signed. That kind of all-purpose veteran versatility is always valued by coaches.

He looks way better than he did in Anaheim. I watched a few games seeing how Sekac looked and the hustle wasn't there. He was still smart. In exhibition he's head and shoulders above any of the younger guys except maybe Kassian, though they are playing for different spots.

His intelligence with the puck is high and his speed is better than it was last year, though that could be general fatigue. If this is a new start he could certainly put up 10+ goals on the third line.

• Upvote 1

I hope Flash sticks. With him and Desharnais on the 3rd line, we might have a really good balanced attack.

It pushes us to focus more on offence than defence, which was how we were in 12-13. Price can and will bail us out. Might as well focus on scoring more goals.

It pushes us to focus more on offence than defence, which was how we were in 12-13. Price can and will bail us out. Might as well focus on scoring more goals.

True, and I don't see any of the lines that we've seen so far as being inept defensively.

True, and I don't see any of the lines that we've seen so far as being inept defensively.

Fleischman has been used as a two way forward in the past hasn't he? I'm really liking him as our 3rd LW as well.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher Top line that can hold its own defensively against anyone while contributing offensively

Eller - Galchenyuk - Semin Potentially an exploitation line if they keep clicking. Eller solidifies the defensive responsibility

Fleishman - Desharnais - Weise/Kassian Desharnais flanked by some size. Capable of putting up points while bringing physicality.

JDLR - Mitchell - DSP/weise/Kassian Eats up tough minutes and defensive draws. Not much offence.

That is potentially a great lineup IMO

• Upvote 1