January 22nd, 2013 - Panthers @ Habs

bar

He did get a boarding penalty. Surprising how many missed this. The Florida PBP was complaining about it and trying to act like it wasn't that much of a boarding.

I checked NHL.com after I read this, your right he did take a boarding penalty. I missed it because on RDS they only had the 5 posted for White and my french isn't good enough to catch every word that was said, so they may of announced the penalty and I didn't understand it.

While it wasn't quite eye for an eye (see Varada/Gilmour), I was definitely glad to see White stand up for the boarding on Gorges. Remember the joke of a response given by Buffalo when Lucic ran Miller a couple of years ago? Just grabbing ahold of TF and giving him a harsh tongue lashing wasn't going to be the appropriate response to a boarding hit. I'm glad Ryan was on the ice when it happened. Send the message early in the season.

My enthusiasm is indeed tempered after a win against the tired Panthers, although...every other team in the conference finished better than the Habs last year. Heck, the Cats even won the Southleast.

I think more of our players need to take action like White did last night. It was coincidence White was on the ice and the proper outcome came of it. At that point in a 4-1 game, anyone should of stepped up for gorges. 10 minutes left and up by 3, wouldn't of mattered if Pleks did it, it needed to be done. In different situations I would agree we don't want our top guys thrown out, but in that exact situation I wouldn't of minded, it shows character and how much you respect your teammates. The best part of the whole ordeal was White's reaction was to the hit and not to the result. He has no idea if Gorges was hurt or not. You shouldn't be avenging injured players, you should be avenging the play regardless of the result, sends a clear message.

Although I am on the side supporting White and think its good for the team concept, one thing is for sure this action and retaliation will not STOP these cheap shots and dirty /borderline hits but it may decrease their frequency.

This. On a 48 games schedule with new management and a bunch of new players (including rookies), these kind of little actions are important in a dressing room ( ;) Stephane Pichette). Team chemistry has to come quickly and I believe that this kind of stuff helps.

I'd just like to point out that my GDT are 1-0 and Brians are 0-1...just sayin' :)

I shudder to think what my record was last year. I know I made a lot of the GDT's and obviously the Habs lost a lot; I'm sure it's not pretty.

I look forward to you starting the first GDT winning streak of the season tomorrow.

White did the right thing. there should be no debate on this. You hit our guy you go to hospital. I like that approach. We got pushed around for tooo many years. Now when the hell do we get to play Those frickin Broons, talk about blood on the ice. :popcorn::gohabsgo:

White did the right thing. there should be no debate on this. You hit our guy you go to hospital. I like that approach. We got pushed around for tooo many years. Now when the hell do we get to play Those frickin Broons, talk about blood on the ice. :popcorn::gohabsgo:

While I would amend this sentiment to 'you cheap-shot our guy you go to the hospital,' I like this post's attitude problem :thumbs_up:

While I would amend this sentiment to 'you cheap-shot our guy you go to the hospital,' I like this post's attitude problem :thumbs_up:

Agreed, I don't want White, Prust, etc. going after guys for clean hits. Only for dirty hits. I absolutely hate it when Boston (because they do it EVERY TIME) will halt a game because one of their guys had their head down and got rocked clean due to it.