January 24th, 2013 - Habs @ Caps

bar

DD battled hard along the board and didn't make any blatant mistake. Just like last game. I think that he plays fine. Not very good, but fine.

The results should come sooner than later.

If Eller showed some passion I think he would do well between Patches and Cole. He has the best stickwork of anyone on our team on the boards. I really think it would make a really solid forechecking line, especially if their demoted to the 2nd line.

I wouldn't split Gally- Galy - Prust. I think those 2 are playing so good because of the confidence Prust is giving them. Nobody will play dirty against them because prust will take care of it. At least for now, keep that line together, loving the grit mixing well with their skill.

Anyone else love the effort on the backcheck Gally gives?

Rene bourque looks like he got the message. Playing like he wants to be here. Maybe MT got to him where Carlisle couldn't. I can't remember who we traded to get him :lol: but it beginning to look like a great trade. I still think A gally is going to go back after 5 games, but he will be awesome in the future. Hey PK get your head out of your A$$. :habslogo:

Watching the replay of the first goal, something dawned on me. On a 3-on-5 situation, Washington thought it would be wise to put Mike Ribeiro as the lone forward to kill the penalty? I'm still shaking my head at that one, but I'm glad Oates made that decision though.

Watching the replay of the first goal, something dawned on me. On a 3-on-5 situation, Washington thought it would be wise to put Mike Ribeiro as the lone forward to kill the penalty? I'm still shaking my head at that one, but I'm glad Oates made that decision though.

Rib played just shy of a minute of PK per game with Dallas but he was easily Dallas' worst face off man. Laich is hurt so I guess with Backstrom playing, Ribeiro is the PK2 guy? Even so, I'd rather have Beagle or Brower out there, even if they can't win the faceoff.

Rib played just shy of a minute of PK per game with Dallas but he was easily Dallas' worst face off man. Laich is hurt so I guess with Backstrom playing, Ribeiro is the PK2 guy? Even so, I'd rather have Beagle or Brower out there, even if they can't win the faceoff.

You'd think they could get a big guy to just tie them up on the draw eh?

Beagle was really good on the draws last year (nearly 58%), that's why I was surprised he wasn't out there. Even Brouwer was better at the dot than Ribeiro. Both of them played on that particular PK (Backstrom didn't) but even then, I'm still surprised Beagle wasn't on the ice. Even Chimera wouldn't have been a bad option. Oh well, I'm happy with the outcome.

Why would Subban sign that contract?? If I was in his shoes I sure the hell wouldn't!!

For the first time since Guy Carbonneau, I can say that I like this team. Just give the baby his bottle, and sign Subban for 5 years 4.25 million dollars, and we'll be back to our rightful contention of the 8th playoff spot!

Remember Diaz rookie season when he was put on the PP with Markov? He was supposed to be the shot that compliments Markov so well. Great chemistry and Markov is now taking the cannon role. Seems almost surreal watching our PP be effective.

I've said all along what makes Markov so dangerous on the PP is his vision and confidence in his shot. Teams can't assume he's going to pass (Kaberle) and defend the pass. They also can't assume he'll shoot (Subban) and defend the shot. Just this attribute of being unable to label him on the PP with his elite vision makes him so dangerous. You can't wait him out on the PK (Kaberle) or rush him (Subban/Diaz). Also loving his quick passes that open up the ice so much.

Really missed watching Markov being Markov.

Remember Diaz rookie season when he was put on the PP with Markov? He was supposed to be the shot that compliments Markov so well. Great chemistry and Markov is now taking the cannon role. Seems almost surreal watching our PP be effective.

I've said all along what makes Markov so dangerous on the PP is his vision and confidence in his shot. Teams can't assume he's going to pass (Kaberle) and defend the pass. They also can't assume he'll shoot (Subban) and defend the shot. Just this attribute of being unable to label him on the PP with his elite vision makes him so dangerous. You can't wait him out on the PK (Kaberle) or rush him (Subban/Diaz). Also loving his quick passes that open up the ice so much.

Really missed watching Markov being Markov.

The difference really is unbelievable. And it makes you want to bang your head with frustration, thinking about what might have been. Maybe we could have given Philly a better contest in 2010. We took Boston to seven games without him in 2011. And the defining reason why we missed the playoffs last season was the impotent power play. Markov is the key that turns over the whole engine, and it's just damned God-awful bad luck that he had so many injuries for so long. Let's hope to heck that his bad luck is behind him and we can enjoy another 2-3 years of prime performance.

The difference really is unbelievable. And it makes you want to bang your head with frustration, thinking about what might have been. Maybe we could have given Philly a better contest in 2010. We took Boston to seven games without him in 2011. And the defining reason why we missed the playoffs last season was the impotent power play. Markov is the key that turns over the whole engine, and it's just damned God-awful bad luck that he had so many injuries for so long. Let's hope to heck that his bad luck is behind him and we can enjoy another 2-3 years of prime performance.

Been saying for years he's one of the most underrated d-men in all hockey. Should always be in the Norris conversation. And I think he's still completely underrated defensively, even by Habs fans.

Been saying for years he's one of the most underrated d-men in all hockey. Should always be in the Norris conversation. And I think he's still completely underrated defensively, even by Habs fans.

He should have been nominated in 2008 and 2009 but they nominated Dion Phaneuf and Mike Green.

Ovechkin once said that Markov was the defender that gave him the most trouble. Ever since then I made a point to watch his defensive game more intently.

And I think he's still completely underrated defensively, even by Habs fans.