Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Beaulieu is expected to play on our top pairing this season by most here, and most analysts.

I am very not comfortable with this and is the one aspect of "the trade" that bothers me most.

Fowler or bust.

"seems like vast majority' are busts, is that the proclamation you refer to? Do you actually dispute that statement? And I admit I haven't seem him play nor know anything about him and why I didn't say "he WILL be a bust'

I said off the cuff that he "will likely be a bust'.

Which a high % of the overhyped free agent kids are, no?

I am very not comfortable with this and is the one aspect of "the trade" that bothers me most.

Fowler or bust.

I'm over Fowler

rmH7CdO.png

I'd still like an upgrade on Beaulieu though.

"seems like vast majority' are busts, is that the proclamation you refer to? Do you actually dispute that statement? And I admit I haven't seem him play nor know anything about him and why I didn't say "he WILL be a bust'

I said off the cuff that he "will likely be a bust'.

Which a high % of the overhyped free agent kids are, no?

Hes different from most free agent kids though, vastly different. The others often werent drafted previously, and even those who were like Schultz (who just won a cup) and Reilly weren't two time Hobey Finalists and one-time hobey winners.

Well. I'm done watching games. I'm going to study charts instead.

Shh.. Beaulieu's charts were clearly skewed because he played with Subban.

Shh.. Beaulieu's charts were clearly skewed because he played with Subban.

Shh.. everyone's so emotional.

Hes different from most free agent kids though, vastly different. The others often werent drafted previously, and even those who were like Schultz (who just won a cup) and Reilly weren't two time Hobey Finalists and one-time hobey winners.

Cant argue and all sounds good, only heard him mentioned a couple months ago by Chris Nilan and obviously you follow these guys fairly closely, so what do I know.

http://www.si.com/nhl/photo/2016/08/16/nhl-all-time-best-and-worst-college-free-agents

• 2 weeks later...

Saw another Yakupov to MTL rumour. Is there any credence to it at all?

Hmm considering the source, I wouldn't be ordering a Yak Hab jersey quite yet.

He averages 16g/82gms and has OK salary $2.5m and is in final year of deal, but would he even be an upgrade on a Carr-Reway-Lehkonen-Andrighetto or worth whatever Oilers would want for him. If it was for Emelin and lesser prospect(s), it may make it more appealing just to clear out an overpaid d-man.

Hmm considering the source, I wouldn't be ordering a Yak Hab jersey quite yet.

He averages 16g/82gms and has OK salary $2.5m and is in final year of deal, but would he even be an upgrade on a Carr-Reway-Lehkonen-Andrighetto or worth whatever Oilers would want for him. If it was for Emelin and lesser prospect(s), it may make it more appealing just to clear out an overpaid d-man.

Yea that sounds pretty dang logical to me. But there's still this (perhaps stupid) hope that yak has it in him to break out yet. I mean the talent is there, the head just isn't, yet. If we could get him for bottom dollar well..

Apparently the best offer the Oilers got at the trade deadline was a 2nd round pick (per Darren Dreger)... so I can't see Yak costing much in terms of assets.

I'd be willing to gamble on an Emelin for Yak swap.

Dont think the oilers would, their need is RHD, not lefties.

The good old Yakupov rumour

These recurring rumours could mean one of two things. One is that there's a certain underlying logic that makes the rumour attractive to rumour-peddling sites looking for click-bait. The other is that the rumour keeps coming up because the teams have, indeed, been in ongoing discussions about the players in question. I've seen enough of these sorts of rumours eventually come to pass (the Robert Lang rumour comes to mind) that I wouldn't necessarily dismiss it, especially considering that the current regime has not been nearly as Stalinist as Gainey/Gauthier in terms of controlling leaks to the media.

I can see the logic behind this supposed interest in Yakupov - potential buy-low player, possible chemistry with Galchenyuk, etc. On the other hand, in terms of playing style, is he really the type of player Bergevin likes to acquire? Yakupov is a streaky offensive player who isn't the most conscientious back checker - those aren't the types of players that will get much rope from Therrien nor is he the character guy Bergevin tends to covet.

I can see the logic behind this supposed interest in Yakupov - potential buy-low player, possible chemistry with Galchenyuk, etc. On the other hand, in terms of playing style, is he really the type of player Bergevin likes to acquire? Yakupov is a streaky offensive player who isn't the most conscientious back checker - those aren't the types of players that will get much rope from Therrien nor is he the character guy Bergevin tends to covet.

Streaky offensive guys who therrien doesn't like but Bergevin acquires...

so like Ryder, Briere, Parenteau, Semin? Seems we get one of these guys per year, with varying results...

Streaky offensive guys who therrien doesn't like but Bergevin acquires...

so like Ryder, Briere, Parenteau, Semin? Seems we get one of these guys per year, with varying results...

I would say that Therrien didn't really give much rope to any of those players and agree that even if he's done it in the past, Bergervin has hopefully learned some lessons.

They were also all in their 30s when we acquired them and had had at least a few 20-30 goal seasons in their career prior to being picked up by us.

I'd be fine with acquiring Yakupov because of his potential but he's much more unproven than any of Ryder, Briere, PAP, Semin were when we acquired them.

If it is indeed for Emelin, its one less NTC to force-protect in expansion draft.

That's a huge bonus

Only NMC's are forced protection. NTC's are open, much like regular waivers. Emelin can (and probably will) be unprotected.

Only NMC's are forced protection. NTC's are open, much like regular waivers. Emelin can (and probably will) be unprotected.

are you sure? I thought I heard the guys on Mon 690 talking about it a while back.

Bit of a bad joke for the player, though...they think they're getting control over their destiny when they sign an NTC, then, WHOOPS! They're in Las Vegas.

That said, I doubt most of them will mind. :B)

If the cost is that low. They'd be insane not to give a former first overall his first change of scenery. Edmonton as an organization is finally arising from purgatory. I don't think any one player can be completely saturated by this. Is there really anyone that would rather have DD than Yakupov on this roster?

Desharnais Pateryn vs Yakupov Oesterle

Fail for Nail. He was doomed lol