ghetto Plek Radulov

Carr Vermette Shaw

Byron Mitchell Burrows

Danault Flynn

Fowler Weber

Marky Petry

Barbie Pateryn

Redmond

Edler is a band aid and can't carry the puck like he used to. No way I'd pay that dude 5 million.

rather pay 7.5 for DD & Emelin?

Okay.. since Im dreaming. I went big. See edit! lol

You have redmond in the top 4 and playing on his off-side? where he has never spent any considerable length of time?

I could see him making the team, but not playing in the top 4. He's not beating Weber or Petry, and he's not playing on his off-side IMO.

Redman!

we have Redman?

no one will with us now...bring on the parade

redman-51.jpeg

Sorry about the picture guys I just couldn't help myself (all the other ones I found had him smoking weed)

• 4 weeks later...

i'm good with that.

Don't see Edmonton doing it... but I'm good.

Yeah, I don't see them taking that either. One little tidbit that might be of interest though, Boston (with Chiarelli) was one of the other teams trying to get Flynn back when Montreal got him so his inclusion might make a little sense.

i'm good with that.

Don't see Edmonton doing it... but I'm good.

Desharnais Flynn Pateryn 5th

Letestu, Yakupov 7th

lol?

Desharnais Flynn Pateryn 5th

Letestu, Yakupov 7th

lol?

I don't think that will tip the scales. :) When dealing with NHL players, upgrading a 7th rounder up 50 or so spots shouldn't make or break a deal. With McDavid, Nugent-Hopkins, and Draisaitl, Desharnais isn't going to be someone they want in there so I'd look to simplify it a bit.

Personally, I think at this point the Oilers may consider more of a future-type return than a veteran player if they are inclined to deal him now. If it were me, I'd be kicking the tires to see if they like someone like Andrighetto who could in theory fill the role that Yakupov is likely heading for (while being a lot cheaper). If not, I think they may like a waiver-exempt guy with players like Puljujarvi and Slepyshev expected to also push for a roster spot. If they like someone like Pateryn, his inclusion would make some sense as well, especially since Redmond is already signed for a couple of years.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, nihilz said:

Emelin Andrightto Condon 2nd

Vlasic

Isnt there anymore valueless Habcrap you can find to toss into a deal, maybe add in Thrower and Trunev?:tumbleweed:

10 hours ago, nihilz said:

Emelin Andrightto Condon 2nd

Vlasic

I get why Montreal does this deal.  I don't get why San Jose would - they take a trio of middling assets (two of which could be on waivers) and a 2nd round pick for their second best defenceman.  That doesn't make much sense for them.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

I get why Montreal does this deal.  I don't get why San Jose would - they take a trio of middling assets (two of which could be on waivers) and a 2nd round pick for their second best defenceman.  That doesn't make much sense for them.

Emelin may not be liked in Habsland but he is considered a good defenceman exhibit a: the world cup

Getto is an up and comer, Condon can be a good backup, if you don't ask him to play 60 games. The problem is dowe even have 2nd to give them?

13 minutes ago, habs rule said:

Emelin may not be liked in Habsland but he is considered a good defenceman exhibit a: the world cup

Getto is an up and comer, Condon can be a good backup, if you don't ask him to play 60 games. The problem is dowe even have 2nd to give them?

Emelin has been speculated to be on the block for a while and is overpaid for the role he's currently in.  He'd be in a smaller one in San Jose.  Andrighetto is an up-and-comer...who is struggling to make the team and seems likely to start the season in the press box.  He's worth no more than a mid-round pick on his own.  Condon, who is days away from being waived, most likely carries next to no value.  Those two aren't key pieces in a trade for a top pairing defender, they're throw-ins at best.  If you want a core player like Vlasic, you have to give up a core player and none of these players come close to being one.

Yes, the Habs have a 2nd to spare.  They have their 2nd plus Washington's this year, plus theirs, Washington's, and Chicago's in 2018.

9 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Emelin has been speculated to be on the block for a while and is overpaid for the role he's currently in.  He'd be in a smaller one in San Jose.  Andrighetto is an up-and-comer...who is struggling to make the team and seems likely to start the season in the press box.  He's worth no more than a mid-round pick on his own.  Condon, who is days away from being waived, most likely carries next to no value.  Those two aren't key pieces in a trade for a top pairing defender, they're throw-ins at best.  If you want a core player like Vlasic, you have to give up a core player and none of these players come close to being one.

Yes, the Habs have a 2nd to spare.  They have their 2nd plus Washington's this year, plus theirs, Washington's, and Chicago's in 2018.

Well I see more value in that group than you do. As always I will yield to your superior knowledge. :P Good to know about the 2nd. I thought maybe we had traded them away. Hey btw where are on the cap. Every where I look it is different.

3 minutes ago, habs rule said:

Well I see more value in that group than you do. As always I will yield to your superior knowledge. :P Good to know about the 2nd. I thought maybe we had traded them away. Hey btw where are on the cap. Every where I look it is different.

Assuming they drop to 23 (ie, no IR'ed players), they'll be around $2 million or so in space.  Until the final roster is set, it's hard to really get more specific than that.

1 minute ago, JGC21 said:

To Habs:

- 5th round draft pick

To any team in the NHL:

- Mike Condon

Just got my tix for Nov. 12th (Habs/Wings) and Condon is on the front.  Eff me.

that's  too funny.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, illWill said:

To Montreal: 

Fowler and Cogliano 

To Anaheim:

Beaulieu, Desharnais, Scherbak, a 1st pick and an I.O.U 

If Aves would take that I would be quite surprised but pleased. I still think would need at least one real quality piece (something that would be painful to part with...Sergachev maybe would do it) not bunch of middling pieces.

2 hours ago, DON said:

If Aves would take that I would be quite surprised but pleased. I still think would need at least one real quality piece (something that would be painful to part with...Sergachev maybe would do it) not bunch of middling pieces.

I do not like this trade. Beulieu will be as good as fowler. Desharnais has better numbers than Cogliano. Not only that we give up sherback a FIRST  and some one else. No I do not see the value.