Coyotes @ Canadiens: 7:30PM EST RDS, CityM

There's not a lot of offensive weapons on the blueline, so unless you're willing to play a forward on the point, someone gets a full PP, and it won't be Markov.

Did you actually copy/paste that from an old thread or something.

This sentence feels like déjà vu.

That game frustrated the hell out of me.

We're a very talented team, and the teams knows they have talent. That's why in the first and second period the team is trying to make fancy passes and constantly "setting up" in the Coyotes zone. Did we shoot a lot? Absolutely. Did we have the puck for most of the game? You betcha. Did we ever really pressure Mike Smith? Hardly.

Mike Smith is a lot like Craig Anderson in that he's claustrophobic. You have to get in his space. Once you do, he completely falls apart. Instead, we took tons of point shots and made him look great. Another problem this team has (and I'm sure others in the league do as well) is too many players have a big shot and they use it all the time, which means more often than not the puck is missing the net and careening around the boards instead of hitting the goalie.

If you noticed in the third period, we had a player parked right in front of Smith on every offensive shift. Smith's game got weaker in the third and we had a real chance to tie it.

Should have won that game. Even if you blame one of the goals on Condon, the first was a big defensive error and the third was a dumb penalty turning into a powerplay. I have a hard time blaming Condon when you can't beat Mike friggin Smith and I hope Price is 100%.

We're a very talented team, and the teams knows they have talent. That's why in the first and second period the team is trying to make fancy passes and constantly "setting up" in the Coyotes zone. Did we shoot a lot? Absolutely. Did we have the puck for most of the game? You betcha. Did we ever really pressure Mike Smith? Hardly.

Mike Smith is a lot like Craig Anderson in that he's claustrophobic. You have to get in his space. Once you do, he completely falls apart. Instead, we took tons of point shots and made him look great. Another problem this team has (and I'm sure others in the league do as well) is too many players have a big shot and they use it all the time, which means more often than not the puck is missing the net and careening around the boards instead of hitting the goalie.

If you noticed in the third period, we had a player parked right in front of Smith on every offensive shift. Smith's game got weaker in the third and we had a real chance to tie it.

Should have won that game. Even if you blame one of the goals on Condon, the first was a big defensive error and the third was a dumb penalty turning into a powerplay. I have a hard time blaming Condon when you can't beat Mike friggin Smith and I hope Price is 100%.

Can't really disagree with this at all, except the idea is to miss the goalie and hit the net. :) KIDDING.

Saw a play with Gally on the bottom digging right into the goalies kitchen. Max was following up on the lip of the crease getting tied up by the d as well. Pleks was 15 feet away standing still, watching. Then he went behind the net just as the whistle blew.

I know what you are saying but the habs have some players who will do that....and some who wont.

Gally made the team in his first game because he did something nobody on the habs had been doing for years. Rushing the net, reeking havoc for goalies and D all night long. He stood out like a sore thumb on a team starving for that type of player. Since then it has rubbed off on others to a certain extent. How could it not?

Wouldn't it be great to have all 12 forwards Gallagher clones? :halm:

Goals would come and effort would always be more than the opposition, which is 90% of the battle in the playoffs

Subban played 30:33 yesterday. That's way too much, especially when it's the first half of a back-to-back and game one of a 3-in-4 night stretch.

There was a replay yesterday of Subban making a bad pinch and then making barely any effort to get back and it resulted in a goal. I'm sure the aging process can take somewhat of a toll but Subban used to be able to quite literally have a breakaway on one end and then also be the first one back on defense in the same sequence.

I don't know if he's more fatigued or simply trying to pace himself but while I don't necessarily get into ice time debates too often, I think the amount he is being used is affecting his on ice play.

There was a replay yesterday of Subban making a bad pinch and then making barely any effort to get back and it resulted in a goal. I'm sure the aging process can take somewhat of a toll but Subban used to be able to quite literally have a breakaway on one end and then also be the first one back on defense in the same sequence.

I don't know if he's more fatigued or simply trying to pace himself but while I don't necessarily get into ice time debates too often, I think the amount he is being used is affecting his on ice play.

Subban's not the best at getting back from his bad pinches/giveaways with regularity. When he wants to, he can do it but several times already this season he has dogged it getting back.

• Upvote 1

He is and it will be that much more apparent by March. Therrien and some fans think he is Batman and "does not get tired" ha!

I have a feeling that even though he came out for the third, he will be on IR tomorrow. Kinda counting on it actually. Think fantasy league.

The Coyotes have recalled a goalie today. I'm not sure if Smith's heading to IR or if they have the roster spot to carry three goalies for a couple of days.

The Coyotes have recalled a goalie today. I'm not sure if Smith's heading to IR or if they have the roster spot to carry three goalies for a couple of days.

He is day to day right now.