2015 NHL Offseason Thread

dlbalr

There is no comparison. ROR is an overpaid second liner. Tarasenko, is one of the top 10 players in the game. If I was a GM, he's a guy I would have thrown a $9m+ offer sheet at and would have gone over the 9.3m the costs 4 first rounders.

ROR, I wouldn't have been willing to pay over $6m for and I think $6m is really high for him.

Its close but I think I would rather have Tarasenko than O'Reily.

There is no comparison. ROR is an overpaid second liner. Tarasenko, is one of the top 10 players in the game. If I was a GM, he's a guy I would have thrown a $9m+ offer sheet at and would have gone over the 9.3m the costs 4 first rounders.

And St. Louis would have matched...

You never know, they are up against the cap. Doesn't hurt to try.

If Tarasenko would have signed it anyway. This deal tells me he wanted stability and a deal that made it clear the St. Louis Blues need to build around him at forward and nobody else. No more focus on Backes, Steen, Oshie (gone) and Berglund. It's the Tarasenko Show in St. Louis.

Ryan O'Reilly is a first line centre by every metric. He's also greedy and got paid from an offer sheet by Calgary. Jumping to Buffalo meant leaving Mackinnon/Duchene/Landeskog for Eichel/Kane/Reinhart. He'll be a much older age when they come together than when the Avalanche come together. All the more power to him.

You never know, they are up against the cap. Doesn't hurt to try.

They came out early and announced they'd match any offer sheet. There's less than a $2 M difference between your proposal and what he signed for. If he's that important to the Blues - and with that contract, he is - they'd have matched and made up the difference elsewhere.

Quote: Doug Armstrong on Tarasenko

“We’re not going to turn him into a checker. When you pay this much, you’re paying to score.”

I wonder if Le Genius thinks this way?

Nope no chance, Le Genius could turn Gretzky into a plumber. :rofl:

Quote: Doug Armstrong on Tarasenko

“We’re not going to turn him into a checker. When you pay this much, you’re paying to score.”

I wonder if Le Genius thinks this way?

Nope no chance, Le Genius could turn Gretzky into a plumber. :rofl:

Yeah, I hate the way he keeps tying down Pacioretty and stops him from generating any offence

Yeah, I hate the way he keeps tying down Pacioretty and stops him from generating any offence

Patches is just stubborn and don't listen. he doesn't even know he is forking up. :)

Why did we buyout PAP? Doesnt seem we needed his money enough to take on caphit for several years.

probably a bunch of reasons....

-he was taking up a spot for a potential young player

-could still use his money for an acquisition/Gallchenyuk

-MB didn't appreciate the way his agent dealt with the amount of his ice time last year and just wanted him gone

Personally I'm glad hes gone....would much rather have Hudon or Adrigetto or McCarron get some playing time

Yeah, Zoot Suit seems to have a track record of junking players who are either overpaid or useless. He doesn't jerk around; if you're taking up roster space, you're frigging out of here, seems to be his motto.

Yeah, Zoot Suit seems to have a track record of junking players who are either overpaid or useless. He doesn't jerk around; if you're taking up roster space, you're frigging out of here, seems to be his motto.

Last year was impressive. In the summer we had a $3.3M cap hit for Bourque for another two years and a $1.85M cap hit for Moen for another two years. We had $4M of Briere for one year. We had Budaj at $1.4M for one year. We had Josh Gorges at a $3.9M cap hit for four more years. Bergevin turned that into:

- 2nd Round pick for Gorges ($3.9M saved over four years saved)

- Eric Tangradi in the minors for Budaj ($1.4M saved in one year saved)

- PAP and 5th Round pick for Briere ($4M in one year gained)

- Bryan Allen for Rene Bourque ($3.3M in two years saved)

- Sergei Gonchar for Travis Moen ($1.85M in two years saved)

If he didn't move those players, we'd have $9.05M in Gorges, Bourque and Moen still on the cap. Instead they are gone and we only had to buy out PAP. With exception to the easy to swallow buyout hit, everything was cleared in a calendar year.

• Upvote 2

Nyquist has reportedly signed a 4 year extension with Detroit worth 19 million total. That seems so cheap for a 25 year old player that scored 27 goals last season. Things look to finally be coming back down to earth.

Last year was impressive. In the summer we had a $3.3M cap hit for Bourque for another two years and a $1.85M cap hit for Moen for another two years. We had $4M of Briere for one year. We had Budaj at $1.4M for one year. We had Josh Gorges at a $3.9M cap hit for four more years. Bergevin turned that into:

- 2nd Round pick for Gorges ($3.9M saved over four years saved)

- Eric Tangradi in the minors for Budaj ($1.4M saved in one year saved)

- PAP and 5th Round pick for Briere ($4M in one year gained)

- Bryan Allen for Rene Bourque ($3.3M in two years saved)

- Sergei Gonchar for Travis Moen ($1.85M in two years saved)

If he didn't move those players, we'd have $9.05M in Gorges, Bourque and Moen still on the cap. Instead they are gone and we only had to buy out PAP. With exception to the easy to swallow buyout hit, everything was cleared in a calendar year.

Yeah he actually pays attention, and treats it like it is his money. Simply amazing.

Sure but...he hasn't had any kooky Kessel-type overpays. Even Emelin, when mentioned by other team's bloggers as possible trade target, was noted to have a reasonable contract for a wrecking ball 20minute defensive d-man, while HabFans think is way too much and/or too long. Prust many will say was overpaid but guy fought 16 times last year, solid on PK, so I think earned it and no doubt will be a crowd favourite and provide grit for young forwards in Vancouver.

Wonder when Tinordi, Bournival and Galchenyuk get resigned, are they waiting on another move (or two?) first, or just making em sweat a bit?

Wonder when Tinordi, Bournival and Galchenyuk get resigned, are they waiting on another move (or two?) first, or just making em sweat a bit?

Tinordi and Bournival should be resolved this week. The QO's expire on Wednesday; if something isn't done by then, they'll likely both just take their QO.

Just to be the Devil's Advocate-- most of those contracts were his own doing.

I've read site for a couple of months. New poster. Blue Kross' post seems like he has to tiptoe around the fact of a SLIGHT criticism of MB. The dogs come out and attack anyone that dares to and has eliminated some good posters. MB is working with the core left us by the old regime that got us to a conf final and 2nd Rd exit before the injury ravaged and Gauthier's idoitic managing of 11-12. To me,the jury is out on MB