Galchenyuk fires agent, contract talks on hold.

Meller93

What does this mean? Was Chucky looking for something different than his old agent was pushing for? Does he want more money than his agent was able to negotiate for? What do you guys think?

Last time a Hab fired his agent before a negotiation was Andrei Markov.

Sergei Berezin's only real contribution to the Habs was getting Markov's deal done (and that came well after he played for them).

I wouldn't be too worried about an agent change at this stage. I don't think Galchenyuk has much of a leg to stand on to command a long-term deal at this stage. If that is why he switched agents, his new representative will probably tell him the same thing. This throws a small wrinkle in terms of the fact that this will delay his deal into free agency (making it harder to pin down exact cap space come next Wednesday when free agency starts) but that's probably not the end of the world anyway.

It might be a little bit worrisome if it suggests that Galchenyuk thinks he has accomplished more than he has and deserves more than he does. We need Galy to have the eye of the tiger, hungry for stardom - not kick back and expect a big payday after merely being a decent top-6 FW who disappeared down the stretch and did dick-all in the playoffs. But I'm just raising an eyebrow, not the alarm, here, because we don't really know what's going on there.

It might be a little bit worrisome if it suggests that Galchenyuk thinks he has accomplished more than he has and deserves more than he does. We need Galy to have the eye of the tiger, hungry for stardom - not kick back and expect a big payday after merely being a decent top-6 FW who disappeared down the stretch and did dick-all in the playoffs. But I'm just raising an eyebrow, not the alarm, here, because we don't really know what's going on there.

Yeah, it doesn't suggest anything other than him being unhappy with his agency. I've heard that someone in the agency pushed a KHL team to trade for his rights (which happened but I don't know if his agent did it) which might have been part of it. Just speculation. All I know is that from people who know Chucky, he hates it when people call him a Russian.

American. He plays for Team USA and was born in America.

Am sure you already know, but where born is sometimes irrelevant and can be dual citizen, is more dependant on who you have played for internationally for hockey purposes I think.

Am sure you already know, but where born is sometimes irrelevant and can be dual citizen, is more dependant on who you have played for internationally for hockey purposes I think.

He has spent the bulk of his hockey career as a teen/young adult in Canada (Sarnia, Montreal) but doesn't identify as Canadian. It was five years ago he played for an American team that wasn't a Team USA team (Chicago Young Americans) and hasn't played in Russia for like six years. Despite playing in Russia in his young years, he identifies as American. Here's a link quoting him.

“I just have my American passport now, and it was my decision all the way. My dad said to make the decision that makes me comfortable. I felt comfortable about USA Hockey and how they treat the players. I consider myself an American.”

I just know of a story from someone I trust of Alex snapping at someone for calling him Russian.

Try to act surprised when it happens.

I had a Komisarek jersey in 2009.

Then a Cammalleri jersey.

Now I own a Galchenyuk jersey...

Me neither, don't collect sweaters. I just wear jerseys at the Bell Centre, mainly jerseys of players that I find to be cool...

Wasn't even alive when Richard, Béliveau, etc were playing...

Cammalleri was cool? uggg :blush:

Is fine Galchenyuk wants to called an American, just to me he seems more Russian, but funny is a pet peeve of his.

Well... if we had have only one player as productive as Cammy these playoffs, we would have reached SC Finals...

Cool enough for me...

I don't sweat that much about his change of agent though. I just hope that Galchenyuk will kinda pull a Subban and raise his game during his bridge.

Well... if we had have only one player as productive as Cammy these playoffs, we would have reached SC Finals...

Cool enough for me...

I don't sweat that much about his change of agent though. I just hope that Galchenyuk will kinda pull a Subban and raise his game during his bridge.

Sure enough no offense, he is just on my shit-list and make skin crawl a bit...just me though, many seem to miss him and still like to see him back.

Cammy in his prime? EXACTLY what this team needs, pure offence and PP machine. Played with swagger to boot. I don't know what he's like nowadays, but sure, I'd take The Squid circa 2010 back in a heartbeat.

I don't collect sweaters but I've always been told you always first own a classic sweater that will never go out of style (Beliveau, Richard, Plante, etc.) before you get a current player.

Yes, current players are for little kids.

Cammy in his prime? EXACTLY what this team needs, pure offence and PP machine. Played with swagger to boot. I don't know what he's like nowadays, but sure, I'd take The Squid circa 2010 back in a heartbeat.

010 and 011 play offs he was great. Nobody scored more goals in those two play off years than Cammy. Then he crapped the bed the rest of his time in hab town.

If what they say isn't Allan Walsh style whining, then it's Galchenyuk pushing the Habs to pay him more so they use him more.