Not that I'm complaining...but is Boston's management insane?

I hate Milan Lucic. Despise him. I know I'm certainly not alone on this board. Seeing him traded to Los Angeles surprised me, but he had a bad season, I think he may be washed up. What the bruins got for him isn't bad looking toward the future.

Then Dougie Hamilton goes to Calgary.

And now I'm certain Cam Neely is smoking something potent. If you're going to explode a team for prospects, Chara can't be far behind.

In Reality they had to move some contracts. Surprised about the Hamilton move.

The real problem was they drafted 2 players who were 2nd rounders according to the "experts" in the middle of the first round.

• Upvote 1

The Hamilton thing was confusing. The team need for defense was very evident when Chara got hurt and they went straight to the bottom of the standings. Lucic is an overpaid gorilla, but he's still young. To say his career is over based on one bad season where the whole team underperformed is very short sighted. This one really confused me.

Hamilton move was idiotic. Even more astonishing is that, apparently, Edmonton OFFERED A BETTER DEAL than they accepted, but they refused to take it because it came from Chiarelli.

That, to me, is the best sign of all that the Bruins are in the hands of morons who place their personal agendas above asset management.

Their tears bring me much joy

:rofl: Hear hear!! Huzzahh!!! :hyper:

Will Chara be dealt on July 1st? He hasn't been a Bruins his whole career, is slowing down, Bruins rebuilding so he likely wouldn't be apposed to going to a contender or Florida (simply seems a place for oldtimers)?

Or do his 3 more years on contract may him untradeable?

Will Chara be dealt on July 1st? He hasn't been a Bruins his whole career, is slowing down, Bruins rebuilding so he likely wouldn't be apposed to going to a contender or Florida (simply seems a place for oldtimers)?

The Panthers might swap him for Brian Campbell.

Hamilton move was idiotic. Even more astonishing is that, apparently, Edmonton OFFERED A BETTER DEAL than they accepted, but they refused to take it because it came from Chiarelli.

That, to me, is the best sign of all that the Bruins are in the hands of morons who place their personal agendas above asset management.

:rofl: Hear hear!! Huzzahh!!! :hyper:

Considering Edmonton gave up nearly as much for reinhart as Calgary did for Hamilton, I have no doubt Edmonton had a big offer for Hamilton. The trades are actually nightmarish for the bruins.

A similar thing to happen to us would be trade subban for the 3rd overall pick plus the 30th and a second, but then drafting warenski with the 3rd.

I thought Boston did well on the Lucic trade although retaining $2.75 M of his salary makes me think they could have kept Hamilton. Getting just that for Hamilton though was an underwhelming return, especially when they quickly rushed to re-sign Adam McQuaid as soon as the deal was done.

But even then, they could have been redeemed with using those three first rounders well. The Zboril pick was a bit of a reach but he was the best D left and it's understandable that they needed to take one so that's okay. The other two though really sting. They probably could have traded down a bit to get DeBrusk and it's almost certain that they could have traded down with Senyshyn. I suspect they'll soon regret leaving guys like Barzal, Connor, and White on the board.

With Buffalo getting a whole lot better, it's nice that another rival is taking a couple of steps back, that's for sure.

I'd give them Gilbert in a heart beat but they probably have to take a lot of salary back. :rofl:

Guest Stogey24

There's a story in today's Boston Herald sports section written by Stephen Harris who quotes an NHL assistant GM saying word is Hamilton was disliked by all his teammates, unanimously considered uppity and selfish, not liked by anyone

There's a story in today's Boston Herald sports section written by Stephen Harris who quotes an NHL assistant GM saying word is Hamilton was disliked by all his teammates, unanimously considered uppity and selfish, not liked by anyone

That seems to be the standard Boston storyline whenever they trade an up and coming superstar like Thornton or Seguin.

• Upvote 1

That seems to be the standard Boston storyline whenever they trade an up and coming superstar like Thornton or Seguin.

I think the issue with Thornton was more that he wasn't perceived as a winner - and maybe that they got tired of watching Saku Koivu hand him his ass every playoff. But yeah, you can only drive so many all-star youngsters out of your organization before it comes back to bite you. It seems pretty clear that BO is allowing personal agendas to drive organizational decisions, rather than sound principles like player development and asset maximization. Looks good on those pieces of worm-infested steaming dogsh*t, says I.

"If you go through your day and meet an asshole, you met an asshole. If you only meet assholes, you're the asshole."

- Justified

Boston sure runs into a lot of players described like that.

I love that saying, and I loved that show.

• Upvote 1

So in the past few days here's all the rumours about Boston I've heard:

- They upgraded Sweeney instead of bringing in an established GM because the goal was to tear the team apart and rebuild

- Lucic saying his bad season was due to Boychuk's departure and Chiarelli saying Lucic's bad season was due to Montreal series ended up ruining his relationship with Boston completely. He was going to be traded no matter what and Boston preferred to get picks and clear cap than wait.

- Dougie Hamilton put his price high because he felt he wasn't treated well by management after having a breakout season. He was rumoured to have a bad attitude. His agent has a better relationship with Calgary than Boston so he might sign for less than what he was demanding from Boston.

- Marchand and Eriksson are next on the block.

- Friedman confirmed Boston listened to San Jose on an offer to move Rask there.

- Bergeron is furious about the Lucic/Hamilton trades and the team not replacing Boychuk/Iginla. Will probably stay in Boston out of loyalty but he's not happy.

To answer the original question YES Boston management is insane. And I for one support them totally. I really appreciate their craziness and hope it continues for another 10 years at least. I am really cheering for them to reach last place. with a bullet.

To answer the original question YES Boston management is insane. And I for one support them totally. I really appreciate their craziness and hope it continues for another 10 years at least. I am really cheering for them to reach last place. with a bullet.

I don't want them to reach last place - they might land themselves a superstar through the draft. No, I prefer to see them consigned to the netherworld of perpetually finishing about 20th overall, a few points out of the playoff race, year after year; a bad team, but not drafting high enough to land a McDavid :B)

Then again, given their track record, even if they did get McDavid, they would trade him away for picks at around age 22, accusing him of 'character issues.'

I don't want them to reach last place - they might land themselves a superstar through the draft. No, I prefer to see them consigned to the netherworld of perpetually finishing about 20th overall, a few points out of the playoff race, year after year; a bad team, but not drafting high enough to land a McDavid :B)

Then again, given their track record, even if they did get McDavid, they would trade him away for picks at around age 22, accusing him of 'character issues.'

Yeah my thinking as well, how many superstars have they traded? All of them. :)

Moving Rask to San Jose would be amazing. Even if they got back a Couture or Pavelski it'd spell no playoffs for a very long time.

And I would do the Meposian dance of joy for years to come. I do it every year the leafs don't make the playoffs.

Hey, you guys are bring to hard on the Bruins management. The just got a natural bruin - Zac Rinaldo! That guarantees them a playoff spot now!