Not that I'm complaining...but is Boston's management insane?

Hey, you guys are bring to hard on the Bruins management. The just got a natural bruin - Zac Rinaldo! That guarantees them a playoff spot now!

They got rid of lucic who used to give us 3-4 penalties a game and picked this guy to fill that void. WONDERFUL. :hyper:

I gotta say that I can NOT wait to hear what that biased fk Jack Edwards will have to say about his beloved bruins this season! The big bad bruins are going to be among the bottom third in the league and I LOVE IT! I can hear the excuses from ol Jack already! And who knows, maybe Rene Rancourt will be forced to tone down the arrogance in his Nat'l Anthem fist pumps...like I sez, can NOT wait!!

What's so surreal about this is the Groundhog Day aspect of it. Chiarelli trades away stud youngster Seguin because the kid has 'behavioural' issues, no one on the team like him, etc.. The trade bombs as Seguin goes on to become a superstar in Dallas. Chiarelli loses his job, in significant measure because of that trade. Sweeney comes in. And then...he trades stud youngster Hamilton because the kid has 'behavioural' issues, no one on the team likes him, etc..

So: fire a GM for doing one thing, then hire a new guy who does EXACTLY the same thing, using exactly the same 'logic.'

It's a little bit as though we fired Houle for throwing away Roy, and his replacement came in and promptly threw away Price.

:rofl:

What's so surreal about this is the Groundhog Day aspect of it. Chiarelli trades away stud youngster Seguin because the kid has 'behavioural' issues, no one on the team like him, etc.. The trade bombs as Seguin goes on to become a superstar in Dallas. Chiarelli loses his job, in significant measure because of that trade. Sweeney comes in. And then...he trades stud youngster Hamilton because the kid has 'behavioural' issues, no one on the team likes him, etc..

So: fire a GM for doing one thing, then hire a new guy who does EXACTLY the same thing, using exactly the same 'logic.'

It's a little bit as though we fired Houle for throwing away Roy, and his replacement came in and promptly threw away Price.

:rofl:

It's actually deeper than that. Mike O'Connell traded Joe Thornton to the Sharks. He gets fired. They have an interim GM (Jeff Gorton) who makes the genius move of trading Andrew Raycroft for Tuuka Rask. Do they keep him? Nope, they instead hire Peter Chiarelli.

Bruins pick up another 1st round pick, plus a prospect for L.A. goalie in Lucic trade.

Lucic trade almost looks reasonable now. LA has gotta be pissed, they did not want jones going to San Jose.

Good enough for the L.A.GM trying to cheat the player out of job!

Still cant believe PA allows crap like that to go on.

Well...I agree with where you're coming from, but IF a player's contract clearly mandates against X or Y, and the player goes on to do X or Y, then it seems fair that the team cut him loose for contract violation. So it would all depend on the particulars of the case, surely?

Well...I agree with where you're coming from, but IF a player's contract clearly mandates against X or Y, and the player goes on to do X or Y, then it seems fair that the team cut him loose for contract violation. So it would all depend on the particulars of the case, surely?

IN a report earlier, it seems like this may be legit, as apparently there is an ongoing RCMP investigation.

I can't beleive that people conisder that bum Richards a leader, a few days ago there was a toronto article, saying Toronto should trade for him to help fill the leadership gap. What exactly is he the leader of - the night club parties?? I can't believe this bum was critical of Subban and the blowhards like Don Cherry backed him!!

Richards has been an out of shape player for the majority of his career, has done pretty much squat since signing his big contract and has two cups, earning a top 6 salary, but getting bottom 3 minutes.

Yes and no. Yes in particulars, no in fairness based on history.

This is the first time since 2005 when the salary cap was set that a player has had their contract terminated in this way. And it happened right around the time the LA Kings were trying to trade Mike Richards and were unhappy with the offers. Kings have to prove a lot of things:

1. They had absolutely zero prior knowledge of Richards drug problem (seeing as they just recently had another player charged with cocaine, this one could be easy to prove for them).

2. Once they did have knowledge, they went the route of seeking him assistance with the substance abuse program. If they did (so far everything points to that they did not), they have to prove Richards rejected it.

3. That an RCMP investigation without charges is enough to terminate a player contract (no charges have been laid)

4. That Richards did not have a legal prescription for what TSN Legal Analyst Eric Macramera is saying is the reason for the RCMP stop (oxycondone)

5. That an independent arbitrator does not see this as cap circumvention, even if Richards was in trouble.

Basically (I'm no legal expert), the LA Kings have to prove that the allegation prior to charges was severe enough to terminate his contract and that they did try sending Richards to rehab and they refused. If not, the termination will probably be deemed illegal, his contract will be restored and the LA Kings will face some sort of punishment for severe cap circumvention.

Nyet, I was speaking of L.A. goalie being dealt twice, I really could care less about Richards..he was master of his own demise.

Silence is golden. Don`t say a word and things will remain the same in Boston!!!!

Are they going to try and trade Chara here next????

Wouldn`t that be something to behold.

Like.........I was actually cheering for Boston and did the happy dance when the came back and beat the Leafs 4-3!!!!!

They could have keep that same team on the ice forever and a smile would be eternally embedded into my face.

Wasnt Hamilton and Seguin both the draftpicks they got for Kessel?

So first Toronto wastes those two picks and I was so mad at them for stocking up the bruins for years to come and then the Bruins manages to waste it away?

Ive been pissed at some trades that we have done but its not as bad as what these two divisional rivals have done now.

Wasnt Hamilton and Seguin both the draftpicks they got for Kessel?

So first Toronto wastes those two picks and I was so mad at them for stocking up the bruins for years to come and then the Bruins manages to waste it away?

Ive been pissed at some trades that we have done but its not as bad as what these two divisional rivals have done now.

There is actually an analyses of the trade I read the other day, where it points out both teams lost on that trade. Basically all players involved are playing elsewhere and neither team has squat to show for it. I just love it when these 2 bobo teams fork things up so utterly completely. Every time I think of it I must do the Meposian dance of joy.

Meposian? Is he a Greek banker?

Meposian dance of joy from classic 80's sitcom Perfect Strangers

Hmmm drawing a blank..classic 80s sitcom eh, like ALF maybe?

No matter, I get the drift, we all want Bruins/Leafs to implode and actually both their GMs might not be apposed to that for a year or two.

But neither is strong enough to impact Habs cup chances anyways.

Hmmm drawing a blank..classic 80s sitcom eh, like ALF maybe?

No matter, I get the drift, we all want Bruins/Leafs to implode and actually both their GMs might not be apposed to that for a year or two.

But neither is strong enough to impact Habs cup chances anyways.