Parenteau Bought Out

lazy26

A little CBA nugget that could have something to do with this, the period where teams can go over the cap by up to 10% in the offseason doesn't start until July 1st. So if there's a corresponding trade from the buyout, it may have to wait until then if the Habs are taking on extra money.

In the cherry-picked video clips, skipped showing McCarron didn't make it through his next shift and ended up in dressing room after falling into post.

Love his aggression but playing vs a prospect laden Bruins team in pre-season, isn't quite same as vs Datzyuk line, who would be licking chops going against the big kid.

Anyways, with Paranteau being bought out, Bergevin must be gonna add some experienced winger wouldn't he?

How much can he realistically afford to spend on a free-agent?

If he off-loaded Gilbert, would a Frolik be an option? Or will he demand too much on market?

Guest Stogey24

If only we had some example of him playing against NHLers...

How awesome was that though! I don't think he's NHL ready either, but God damn, that was pretty beast.

In the cherry-picked video clips, skipped showing McCarron didn't make it through his next shift and ended up in dressing room after falling into post.

Love his aggression but playing vs a prospect laden Bruins team in pre-season, isn't quite same as vs Datzyuk line, who would be licking chops going against the big kid.

Anyways, with Paranteau being bought out, Bergevin must be gonna add some experienced winger wouldn't he?

If he off-loaded Gilbert, would a Frolik be an option? Or will he demand too much on market?

last i checked all of kreiji, marchand, soderberg bergeron and miller are regulars for boston that i could make out in both those clips. also, not sure what hurting his wrist and having to leave the game has to do with his ability to play in the NHL. his overall game is anything but reckless

My money is on Frolik. Signing him as a UFA and resigning Chucky would mean the Habs need $9M in cap space. Buying Parenteau out makes sense, will most likely need to dump Gilbert next.

JGC

My money is on Frolik. Signing him as a UFA and resigning Chucky would mean the Habs need $9M in cap space. Buying Parenteau out makes sense, will most likely need to dump Gilbert next.

JGC

I am thinking that buying out PAP came right after discussions with CHI town about Sharp. I think he working on getting Sharp.

After they bought out PAP they are left with 8.1 million. They still need to replace PAP, sign Chucky, sign a 13th forward (probably Flynn) and if they get rid of Gilbert then they have to replace him plus still need to sign a 7th defensemen. Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade but my math doesn't fit Sharp's 5.9 mil/year into that cap.

After they bought out PAP they are left with 8.1 million. They still need to replace PAP, sign Chucky, sign a 13th forward (probably Flynn) and if they get rid of Gilbert then they have to replace him plus still need to sign a 7th defensemen. Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade but my math doesn't fit Sharp's 5.9 mil/year into that cap.

I would expect something going the other way? If they get rid of Sharp does that allow them to keep Vermette?

I would expect something going the other way? If they get rid of Sharp does that allow them to keep Vermette?

Not really. It's not just this years cap to think about. Seabrook is a ufa next summer. They also haven't paid Saad yet and the Toews/Kane extensions kicked in.

Yes but to dismiss him altogether is Wong to. Didn't say he was a shoe merely that his defensive side of the game along with his physical presence gives him a huge advantage over other prospects...

Recent history has shown someone will make the lineup as a forward out of camp.

2013-Gallagher/Galchenyuk

2013-2014-Bournival

2014-2015-Sekac