Oct. 21, Red Wings vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Not sure I can stand watching Bourque anymore, can we just try Sekac and Bournival with Eller for a few games, Weise on the 4th line with Manny and Prust?

Bourque has one decent moment in each game and spends 96% of his shifts contributing diddly squat.

Sekac will be dressed for the next game. We missed him tonight and I am quite sure that the coach noticed his absence. On the other hand I liked Weise...

Weise was fine. So was the fourth line. Galchenyuk looked great .Parenteau looked cursed. Plek I didn't see as much tonight. DD line has been demoted to the second line. Price was incredible. Defence was up and down but team defence was in the garbage. Forwards need to support in their own zone better.

Weise was fine. So was the fourth line. Galchenyuk looked great .Parenteau looked cursed. Plek I didn't see as much tonight. DD line has been demoted to the second line. Price was incredible. Defence was up and down but team defence was in the garbage. Forwards need to support in their own zone better.

Pleks made a great play on Chuckys goal.

Set up parenteau several times but the guy was snake bitten tonight.

Tinordi looking very strong, too bad he only played 11 minutes. MT lop sided ice time with D nothing new.

Weiss was good, should not have been a healthy scratch once this season.

lol Moen put himself off side (while he himself had the puck) at least three times! haaa!

Pleks made a great play on Chuckys goal.

Set up parenteau several times but the guy was snake bitten tonight.

Tinordi looking very strong, too bad he only played 11 minutes. MT lop sided ice time with D nothing new.

Weiss was good, should not have been a healthy scratch once this season.

lol Moen put himself off side (while he himself had the puck) at least three times! haaa!

I hate it when I outskate me.

So let's play some Devil's Advocate. As of 7:30 PM tonight, Plekanec is no longer on the team. How does that make the team any better? Who do they replace him with, or what spot is filled if someone else slots into his spot?

Thats the point I believe. Obviously the habs have not been able to find or develope that type of no 1 center.......... how else would you explain TP leading all habs forwards in ice time by a land slide.

For the record... I wish they would list the three stars as announced at the rink and not just make up their own. Annoying.

3.Howard

2.Galchenyuk

1.Price

I don't know why everyone thinks that game was so terrible. Was it perfect? No, but we outshot them, had lots of scoring chances, killed them on Face offs, and won the game. We were not terribly outplayed at all. There were times each team had the momentum. Detroit is a solid defensive team that plays a defensive, possession game. Could they have won? Sure, but we could have potted several as well. Both goalies were solid, both teams had defensive lapses.

The Habs have played far worse games this year. This one was a slow start again, but they held Detroit to one goal and dominated the third and overtime.

Montreal deserved to have this one won in the first period. They utterly dominated Detroit, manhandled them and had their way with them. Jimmy Howard was bloody spectacular, and was the only reason this was close. This was the first game that Montreal completely and without exception outplayed their opponent, showing up for a solid 61 minutes.