Bergevin: Long Term planning vs Short Term playoffs

HabsWEST

It was an article in the Edmonton Journal - linked it through Kukla's corner - if i remember correctly Matheson interviewed Robinson.

Matheson also said that Robinson had no interest in being the Defence coach for the Habs. He only wanted the head coaching job.

This was a new revelation and completely different than what we had heard earlier.

I still believe that Robinson had no intention of actually coming to Montreal, but likes to play the PR game of saying "I would have come if...." so he doesn't look bad. The guy cracked under the pressure of head coach in New Jersey, doesn't really sound like it would be good for him or his health to coach the Habs.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some Montreal mafia members were being followed by the police and found Roman Hamrlik, Sergei Kostitsyn and Andrei Kostitsyn were hanging out with them. It was less "shady business" and more "wealthy people hanging out with wealthy people". When word got out that the police were looking into some Canadiens players, the Montreal media freaked the F out. There was rumours it was Price for cocaine possession (or underage sex, that was another one) and everything under the sun because people in the media knew about the partying in Montreal. I think the plane was the Canadiens plane was supposed to land when the news was out and the team plane took a few extra circles before it landed. So it has been a joke on some message boards now that," the plane is circling!"

It was a pretty crazy time to be a Habs fan paying attention to rumours. In the end there were no charges but we now knew more about the Canadiens night life than we should have. It also came out around this time that Hamrlik was a big gambler.

Thanks MOLG! I was aware of most of his except for the plane circling. Had the chance to party with a couple of Habs during my Concordia days. Shayne Corson and Chris Murray to be exact.

• 2 months later...

so glad MB kept Calgary & Nashville's 2nd rounders for 2013 draft. both guaranteed no worse in the draft than 35th!

so glad MB kept Calgary & Nashville's 2nd rounders for 2013 draft. both guaranteed no worse in the draft than 35th!

No worse than 36th actually as it stands. Both Calgary and Nashville's selections could still fall at the #36 seed. We need Carolina to get a point (otherwise Calgary jumps back in front of them giving them #36), Tampa Bay to get a point, Colorado to win, and Nashville to lose. I think that would put the picks #32 and #35 which is the best case scenario - albeit a likely improbable one as I don't see all of those things happening.

No worse than 36th actually as it stands. Both Calgary and Nashville's selections could still fall at the #36 seed. We need Carolina to get a point (otherwise Calgary jumps back in front of them giving them #36), Tampa Bay to get a point, Colorado to win, and Nashville to lose. I think that would put the picks #32 and #35 which is the best case scenario - albeit a likely improbable one as I don't see all of those things happening.

Pffft, naw.

Columbus beats Nashville.

Colorado beats Minny.

Carolina goes to OT against Pittsburgh.

Tampa beats Florida.

Montreal beats Toronto

Washington beats Boston

BOOK IT

Pffft, naw.

Colorado beats Minny.

Tampa beats Florida.

Montreal beats Toronto

Washington beats Boston

BOOK IT

Pro line?

Bo dawg?

Pffft, naw.

Colorado beats Minny.

Tampa beats Florida.

Montreal beats Toronto

Washington beats Boston

BOOK IT

yes well, aherm...

I totally nailed that Columbus game.

34th, 36th and 71st OA picks are now locked in.

Here's hoping we get the 30th, 60th and 90th OA picks as well. ;)