Max Pacioretty - Tomas Plekanec - Brendan Gallagher

Tomas Fleischmann - David Desharnais - Dale Weise

Lars Eller - Alex Galchenyuk - Torrey Mitchell

Lord Byron - Brian Flynn - Devante Smith-Pelly

Andrei Markov - P.K. Subban

Nathan Beaulieu - Jeff Petry

Tom Gilbert - Greg Pateryn

Mike Condon

They've got a couple awesome rookies. Of course, rookies are often unknown. Couple that with this being a team that nobody anywhere in the world gives a shit about (in arizona or anywhere else) and we don't hear about it much.

Arizona Coyotes. Aka the team with the most unknown players in the league.

For me, the team with the most unknown players so far is Colorado. I recognize every name in Arizona's lineup...there were a couple I had to look up on Colorado's bottom lines last weekend.

For me, the team with the most unknown players so far is Colorado. I recognize every name in Arizona's lineup...there were a couple I had to look up on Colorado's bottom lines last weekend.

For the Avs, only Street, Martinsen and Everberg for me.

For x reason, I know all their d-men. I also happen to know Calvin Pickard because of HWL.

On Arizona's lineup, I don't have any clue who are : Martinook, Cunningham, Dahlbeck, Samuelsson and Murphy.

(I don't follow prospects very much, I know...)

On Arizona's lineup, I don't have any clue who are : Martinook, Cunningham, Dahlbeck, Samuelsson and Murphy.

(I don't follow prospects very much, I know...)

- I knew Martinook was a Coyote pick but nothing more than that. But I had heard of him.

- Cunningham was claimed off waivers from Boston at the trade deadline last year for reasons I've yet to understand.

- Dahlbeck was the d-man they got for Vermette last year.

- Samuelsson was a bust in Pittsburgh and frankly hasn't been any better with Arizona.

- Murphy was teammates with Galchenyuk back in junior. I wrote about him as part of my Galchenyuk junior game report three years ago:

Connor Murphy (PHX, 20th in 2011): When he was drafted in the 1st round, I was a little surprised. Having seen him now, I’m no longer perplexed by the selection. He was far and away the best defenceman on either side in this one, is very reliable in his own end, and plays well in the offensive zone. I wouldn’t call him a future top pairing player but he will be a solid NHL’er in the near future.

I can never remember the names of the guys on the Islanders. Anders Lee, Josh Bailey, Frans Nielson, Casey Cizikas, Taylor Beck, Travis Hamonic, Brian Strait... I never remember they are NHLers even though I've watched them play countless times and think guys like Nielson and Lee are fantastic players.

I can never remember the names of the guys on the Islanders. Anders Lee, Josh Bailey, Frans Nielson, Casey Cizikas, Taylor Beck, Travis Hamonic, Brian Strait... I never remember they are NHLers even though I've watched them play countless times and think guys like Nielson and Lee are fantastic players.

I work with Josh Bailey's dad. (Not side-by-side, same company, similar role. We interact.)

Hamonic's really, really good.

Well.. we've held them to fewer than three goals so far.... :pray: ...... uhh...

Still trying to get used to there being another Domi in the NHL..you know.. a hockey league.. Don't know how good he is but I knew how bad his dad was.

Actually I'm kinda liking .. generally.. what we're trying to do offensively. It seems much more purposeful and tactical than in earlier years.

There's not a lot of offensive weapons on the blueline, so unless you're willing to play a forward on the point, someone gets a full PP, and it won't be Markov.

PK has played all the full ten of the last 5 powerplays ..... that has gone 0 for 5.

Hows that working for ya?

Petry and NB are a capable second unit. Give them time they mean even improve Ya think?

I'm not the type to repeat overstated things but Beaulieu should get some PP time. He's playing a really solid game and looks like he's itching to break out offensively.

There's not a lot of offensive weapons on the blueline, so unless you're willing to play a forward on the point, someone gets a full PP, and it won't be Markov.

I'd be fine with Beaulieu-Petry seeing some consistent PP time. If Subban plays 2+ minutes for a shift (the full PP plus some even strength time while he gets to the bench), the Habs are basically making it so that they have to go 3rd pairing/2nd pairing on the two shifts after the man advantage.

This is a bad trend getting down early.

They made it to 5 minutes without a goal. That's progress considering the last four games were all inside 3:30.

I don't like it any more than you do, but I understand it.

Beaulieu doesn't shoot nearly enough from the point. Pateryn isn't much of an improvement either. So like I said, unless you're willing to throw a forward back on the point, Therriens' basically got three guys to rotate on the PP for the time being.

Far too many pucks being shot wide, and the PP looks predictable again. They have to solve those problems going forward in this game.

Funny I thought the pp looked pretty darn good.