2012 NHL Playoffs Thread

sakiqc

Unfortunately the Habs are not in the dance.

Who to cheer for? What series are you looking forward to watch in the first round?

That Pens-Flyers matchup is pretty exciting. Could be a long serie... if Bryzgalov starts to make some saves.

I'm cheering for Nashville (aka Gill) in the west, wishing Halak the best as well.

In the east I'm routing against NYR, Boston, and Pittsburgh.

Cheering for Preds to lose in one of the first two rounds for our 2nd round pick to be better.

Cheering against the Bruins.

Keeping my eye on the Pens/Flyers as it looks to be best matchup.

Oh right... now I'm torn haha

That was quick.. Nice goal Voracek. Richards & Carter trades are paying off nicely for the Flyers tonight. Schenn was one of the best players on the ice, Simmonds was very strong and now Voracek with the winner..

Gaustad.. what a nice deadline pickup by Nashville. He's a faceoffs monster

And now we see why Gaustad, despite being a lesser point producer than Kostitsyn, fetched the higher of the picks at the deadline, he does the little things every playoff team needs. Most on here understood this but elsewhere (and a few e-mailers I had) this was a serious point of contention.

The NHL is a bizarre league....Empty seats for a playoff game in Florida, yet no playoff hockey for Montreal, Toronto, Calgary and Edmonton. Where it matters most. I actually forgot about the Devils/Panthers series. Does anyone even care? If you do, you should get out of your basement.

That Pens-Flyers series is überspectacular. Had the Preds-Wings game on the other screen and it looked like 2 different sports.

What in the name of Harold Snepts's moutstache is wrong with the Vanouver Canucks???

Ahaha I predicted Philly and LA winning, people laughed at me! Some discredited me as being a biased angsty non-playoff team fan! (mainly cause I live in Vancouver) But low and behold! (early still but I called both winning in game 7 :P)

That Philly-Pitts series is incredible for sure! They will be exhausted for the next round!

The L.A. case is interesting, in that they're vaguely reminiscent of the Habs of 2010: a team heavily rebuilt in the off-season that suffered chemistry problems all year and limped into the playoffs - yet suddenly kicks into high gear come the playoffs. Frankly I think the Canucks were unprepared for that team to be so damned strong. Look out, Western Conference!!

The L.A. case is interesting, in that they're vaguely reminiscent of the Habs of 2010: a team heavily rebuilt in the off-season that suffered chemistry problems all year and limped into the playoffs - yet suddenly kicks into high gear come the playoffs. Frankly I think the Canucks were unprepared for that team to be so damned strong. Look out, Western Conference!!

2010 Habs with much more firepower!