Scratches: Paul Byron, Jarred Tinordi

Leaders Colorado Montreal

Game Notes

Goals Duchene/Iginla (7) Pacioretty/Weise (8) Puck Drop: 7:00 PM EST
Assists MacKinnon (10) Subban (15) National TV: SN, TVA Sports
Points MacKinnon (16) Plekanec/Subban (16) Regional TV: Alt
PIMS McLeod (43) Mitchell (22) English Radio: TSN 690
+/- MacKinnon (+6) Subban (+11) French Radio: FM 98.5

Note that the lines are unofficial - we still don't know if Emelin will play or not and if he doesn't, who comes in for him. For Colorado, Landeskog was suspended for an incident in their last game so their lines are likely to be juggled a bit and I had to guess.

Edit: We now know Pateryn is in for Emelin. Gilbert will likely shift to his off-side.

Note that the lines are unofficial - we still don't know if Emelin will play or not and if he doesn't, who comes in for him. For Colorado, Landeskog was suspended for an incident in their last game so their lines are likely to be juggled a bit and I had to guess.

Edit: We now know Pateryn is in for Emelin. Gilbert will likely shift to his off-side.

Gee, imagine that.

So is still just a nasty rumour that Semin will dress?

Nice to see Pateryn draw in, wonder what Mark Tinordi has to say to Bergy about that?

It's still unknown whether or not Semin will play. My guess is that he'll play and Byron sits but that's a guess.

Frustrating to see a defenceman being pushed to his off-side, when the team (in theory) has excellent L/R balance in its D-corps. This, I assume, is all because of Tinordi's petulant refusal to accept a conditioning stint. Either that, or the team thinks so poorly of his abilities it'd rather play guys on the wrong side than dress him. Stogey's right, there is absolutely no way Tin Man remains a Hab.

So why is Semin and Pateryn in?

Emelin's hurt so one of the other d-men had to play. As for Semin, they had to put him back in at some point. Byron had been quiet the last few games so it was a good time to give him a night off.

Guest Stogey24

Frustrating to see a defenceman being pushed to his off-side, when the team (in theory) has excellent L/R balance in its D-corps. This, I assume, is all because of Tinordi's petulant refusal to accept a conditioning stint. Either that, or the team thinks so poorly of his abilities it'd rather play guys on the wrong side than dress him. Stogey's right, there is absolutely no way Tin Man remains a Hab.

I was thinking the AHL stint might have something to do with it.

Tinner's old man is going to punch out

Therrien

Yes good to see Semin get his much anticipated return over with and hope he rips up the Aves! But I don't anticipate that happenin.

Agreed. Like I say, the main argument for dressing Semin is the gross inadequacy of the alternatives. He's the only available option who has ANYTHING resembling the profile of a top-6 forward. But like you, I doubt that he is up to the challenge any more.

Its an absolutely damning assessment of Tinordi's ability (or lack thereof) that they would rather put a defenceman on his off-side than to play him.

Trade him... get a second and move on.

Not thrilled to have a player of Gilberts caliber playing on his off side. But Pateryn has been considered the better player on the depth chart than Tiny. Thats why he is in. Period. To say it is written in stone that one is the fourth D on the left side, and one is the fourth D on the right side. Is just not so. Pateryn is the seventh D. Tiny the eighth. Regardless of what way they shoot. Cant play your off side. Learn to in case your called upon to do so. Welcome to the big leagues.

Guest Stogey24

I stand by what I said, If he's the clear cut 8th to the point that they'd rather put Gilbert in a position we know he will play worse in, then use tinordi, thats a damning assessment of his abilities or lack thereof.

He's cooked. Keep him safe and injury free in the pressbox. Can't trade him injured has to be their thinking?

Its an absolutely damning assessment of Tinordi's ability (or lack thereof) that they would rather put a defenceman on his off-side than to play him.

Trade him... get a second and move on.

I'd have to think that if they could get that, he'd have already been on the move. I'm sure there are teams that would want to take a flyer on him but are only willing to part with the typical 'take a flyer' rate, a mid round pick. And with the Habs sitting comfortably in terms of standings and cap position as well as health, they can afford to wait for someone to pony up the higher value pick (or comparable prospect, whatever their asking price may be).

Not necessarily, CC. What happens if another D gets injured? What happens if Pateryn stinks out the joint? Of course, I hope that neither of those events happen.

Only if they recall Barbario and leave Tinordi on the bench will I believe that there is no chance of him getting a shot. If they (management) believe he has no chance in MTL at all-- or little or no trade value--he would have already been traded for a 7th rounder-- a la Louis Leblanc.

IMHO, there is still every chance that Tinordi plays for the Habs this season. I can imagine that Tinordi and his father are frustrated but JT is not going anywhere unless someone decides that he is worth a gamble and makes Bergevin an offer that MB feels is too good to refuse--whatever that might be.

Annd, how about those Av's?? It is interesting that we have gotten this far into a GDT and no one has even mentioned the opposition or the possible trade of M.Duchene

If anyone would have suggested McCarron being a better prospect than Tinordi 2 yrs ago they would have been tarred and feathered.

My how times have changed..

Funny because Tinordi was deemed good enough to play all five play off games against the sens in 013.

Now , he cant touch a minute Gilberts or Emelins ice time?

No wonder he cant be traded for anything worth while.

PK on Tinordi : "he's going to be force in this league"

Well tonight we find out what Semin is made of. He has been sitting in the press box, lots of time to think about it. Maybe now he decides to use that blazing wrist shot of his. Cause if he does there are going to be some goals scored in the old town tonite.

:hyper::gohabsgo: :gohabsgo: