January 22nd, 2013 - Panthers @ Habs

bar

What an amazing pass by Markov cross the ice, Galchenyuk did the right thing there as well.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME! Great deflection for his first goal!

PK won't be our number one D the way Markov is playing... PK had what, 7 goals all season last year.... Markov has two already and is quarterbacking the pp like I haven't seen in years.

Having PK as our number 2 after Markov is a part in all our dreams I'm sure haha

He really is wicked good on the PP! Especially tonight with Diaz on the point with him as a threat to shoot instead of Kaberle.

If I'm not mistaken, Galchenyuk is now the 500th player in Montreal Canadiens history to score a goal. Someone mentioned where the tally was last season and I've manually been keeping track since, I'm pretty sure Staubitz last year was 499.

• Upvote 1

NIce to see both Gally's get points in the game. Beautiful deflection by Galchenyuk for his first goal. He also has 5 shots on goal. THe kid looks a little less nervous!! Nice to see!

I also have to say I love the way Markov looks back there.

As well as Gallagher has played, I'm surprised that he has played the least amount for the Habs tonight (not even 6 minutes through two periods - 5:35). Only George Parros has played less on either side. The hit tally is really leaning Montreal's way too, 29-13. One small concern, Desharnais is struggling at the faceoff dot, only 3/10 so far.