Link: Francis Bouillon Signed to One Year Extension

Sure.

Are Habs more prone to injury, tongue &cheek I know? But is just a myth or fan beef? I think all teams have good/bad years and Habs likely right in middle with the rest of pack.

No, he hasn't signed. We're all responding to the RDS report in the first post on this page that they are in 'intense negotiations' with him.

Intense negotiations?

Bergevin: "Francis, we'd like to have you back but only for $750,000."

Bouillon: "Well no other team has offered me anything, so I guess I'll happily accept."

Bergevin: "Great... good... okay, wait, no other team has sent you an offer?"

Bouillon: "Nope."

Bergevin: "Nothing for league minimum? Not even a feeler on if you'd be interested? Or a training camp invite?"

Bouillon: "Yeah, no... actually every other GM said I am washed up and nearing a "liability" stage on the ice. It was really weird how they all said it to my face. Even some AHL GMs called ME just to tell me that. Anyways, I'm glad you see something that literally no other GM in the league does!"

Bergevin: "...I'm going to have to think about thi-"

Therrien: "JUS SIGN HIM! SIGN HIM NOW! FOR GOD SAKE BRING ME BACK MY BELOVED BOO-BOO"

fin

• Upvote 1

Giving Bouillon to MT, is like giving whiskey to an alcoholic.

Intense negotiations?

Bergevin: "Francis, we'd like to have you back but only for $750,000."

Bouillon: "Well no other team has offered me anything, so I guess I'll happily accept."

Bergevin: "Great... good... okay, wait, no other team has sent you an offer?"

Bouillon: "Nope."

Bergevin: "Nothing for league minimum? Not even a feeler on if you'd be interested? Or a training camp invite?"

Bouillon: "Yeah, no... actually every other GM said I am washed up and nearing a "liability" stage on the ice. It was really weird how they all said it to my face. Even some AHL GMs called ME just to tell me that. Anyways, I'm glad you see something that literally no other GM in the league does!"

Bergevin: "...I'm going to have to think about thi-"

Therrien: "JUS SIGN HIM! SIGN HIM NOW! FOR GOD SAKE

Well, if they do sign Frankie, it will make the young guys bring their best to camp to earn a spot, nothing wrong with competition with a veteran to earn that spot. Also nothing wrong with having him as injury insurance, and certainly nothing wrong with Frankie showing the young guys how to be a pro, and how to play bigger and better than what you are projected.

I love the guy's spirit, his will to be a consummate team player, and his will to battle anyone, anytime and he certainly doesn't deserve the crap you(and I do use this term so very loosely)"experts" give him. He can teach our young guys a lot..... Imho, of course....

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

When I put this thread up it was an April Fool's joke. Just wanted to throw that out there. If he gets signed I'm never doing that again.

Thanks, this whole thing is your fault

Bulldogs eh?

Would he even consider riding the bus again, over a cushy RDS/TVA seat?

I don't know, I think MT would have to phone him every day to check up on him. Mike Kean played 6 years for the Manitoba Moose for 75,000 a year.

there has to be a hell of a story there.

I don't know, I think MT would have to phone him every day to check up on him. Mike Kean played 6 years for the Manitoba Moose for 75,000 a year.

there has to be a hell of a story there.

not many jobs after your NHL career will give you 75K while playing your favorite sport...

not many jobs after your NHL career will give you 75K while playing your favorite sport...

I suppose, and he has a lot money so he should be ok. At least I assume he has lots of money, he certainly made enough in his career.

Honestly I don't think signing a #7 is needed. I would let Tinordi and beaulieu play about 40 games each. If neither can step up then signing or trading for a vet may be needed.

I actually think a tough guy is needed Biznasty is still out there. Make some space by moving a 3rd or 4th liner for him. They will only need him in 40 or so games.

Honestly I don't think signing a #7 is needed. I would let Tinordi and beaulieu play about 40 games each. If neither can step up then signing or trading for a vet may be needed.

I actually think a tough guy is needed Biznasty is still out there. Make some space by moving a 3rd or 4th liner for him. They will only need him in 40 or so games.

While it sounds simple enough, projecting a 40-40 split isn't ideal. The hope is that one of them would get on a hot streak (or at least play well for a stretch of time) but you'd have to sit that player relatively quickly to keep the other one from sitting for too long. It'd be hard for either of them to get any sort of momentum going. Theoretically, you could still get a 40-40 split plus a 30-30 AHL split if they carry a veteran #7. To me, that's a better outcome.

As for Bissonette, he's going to be off to Washington by the looks of things.

As for Bissonette, he's going to be off to Washington by the looks of things.

He wants minutes. He wouldn't get them in Montreal.

If I had to pick a guy who would probably be in the press box for 79 games and like it? Ugh. Maybe Matt Kassian? He does well against the Leaf goons.

So, while the Habs and Bouillon continue these supposed intense negotiations (in reality, Bouillon did acknowledge that they are talking), what other veteran #7 options might be worthwhile? The UFA pickings...are kind of slim.

http://www.capgeek.com/ufa-finder/?stats_type=standard&position_id=D

Wow! Those guys stink. The best of the bunch is either Jamie McBain or Diaz.

According to Patrick Caisse, it would be very surprising to not see Bouillon back next year. They are still talking contract as of today apparently.

http://fr.canoe.ca/sports/nouvelles/hockey/canadiens/archives/2014/08/20140826-114416.html

Can't believe this. Stuck in the past, not moving forward at all. Cannot be true.

I just don't see the big deal. He's veteran insurance and his presence will force the kids to earn a spot instead of having it handed to them on a platter regardless of performance. Take it easy.

• Upvote 1