Habs sign Jiri Sekac

dlbalr

If the new revised weights are accurate, he will need to put on some muscle to play in NHL I would be inclined to pencil him into Hamilton for the year anyway; or the equivalent

He had 15 offers from NHL teams.

He left a job at $800,000 a year (no tax) to sign with us.

He's not coming over to take 10% of the money playing in the AHL. They wil give him every opportunity to make the team.

Guest Stogey24

If the new revised weights are accurate, he will need to put on some muscle to play in NHL I would be inclined to pencil him into Hamilton for the year anyway; or the equivalent

6'2 182LBS ain't small.

He had 15 offers from NHL teams.

He left a job at $800,000 a year (no tax) to sign with us.

He's not coming over to take 10% of the money playing in the AHL. They wil give him every opportunity to make the team.

That said, he said today (or yesterday) he wouldn't refuse the AHL. He knew that Montreal would be the hardest team he had to choose from to make. I get the feeling he'll be patient because he wanted to make a good team.

Guest Stogey24

That said, he said today (or yesterday) he wouldn't refuse the AHL. He knew that Montreal would be the hardest team he had to choose from to make. I get the feeling he'll be patient because he wanted to make a good team.

Of course he's going to say that

Don't think he would have any issue playing a short stint for Hamilton in Oct.

And 10-20 games might be best for acclimatization to smaller rinks and more physical play.

I think maybe a bit harsh on Nygren, many young Canadians would be like a fish out of water if had to transfer for work to Sweden-Finland-Russia.

(but he surly could be lacking the true drive to be a N.A. pro player, which aint for everyone, even if got the skills and 104mph slapshot)

6'2 182LBS ain't small.

182 is a bit low for a player his size. That said, this is the offseason where players can bulk up somewhat with good training. If he can add a bit to that frame, he should be okay.

Don't think he would have any issue playing a short stint for Hamilton in Oct.

And 10-20 games might be best for acclimatization to smaller rinks and more physical play.

He shouldn't need too much time to get used to the smaller rinks as he already has two years in North America already from his junior years.

I think maybe a bit harsh on Nygren, many young Canadians would be like a fish out of water if had to transfer for work to Sweden-Finland-Russia.

(but he surly could be lacking the true drive to be a N.A. pro player, which aint for everyone, even if got the skills and 104mph slapshot)

I'm 99.9999% sure his complaint about Hamilton was an excuse because he didn't just want to say, "I want to make more money playing in Europe"

6'2 182LBS ain't small.

The weight is problematic--- he is a bean pole--- a recipe to get injured. I have to agree with DlBair, if he can add some muscle in the off season, he may be all right

I'm 99.9999% sure his complaint about Hamilton was an excuse because he didn't just want to say, "I want to make more money playing in Europe"

Got to disagree and Hamilton/Team/Mgmt had more a part to do with his fleeing Canada, than minute%. But $$ likely was a factor for sure.

Got to disagree

and Hamilton/Team/Mgmt had more a part to do with his fleeing Canada, than minute%. But $$ likely was a factor for sure.

What do we know about the reasons why he left. It can be anything: money, language, physical play, his girl friend... Anything.

Guest Stogey24

The weight is problematic--- he is a bean pole--- a recipe to get injured. I have to agree with DlBair, if he can add some muscle in the off season, he may be all right

I'm just saying he's no Christian Thomas. He could easily put on 15LBS in 8 weeks or so. I've done it without the motivation of possibly playing in the show.

I'm just saying he's no Christian Thomas. He could easily put on 15LBS in 8 weeks or so. I've done it without the motivation of possibly playing in the show.

so have I but that was a lot of beer. :rofl:

Guest Stogey24

I wish he would just go away. Stay in Sweden. Send us some muesli and lingonberries.

He's got a bomb on the point. You can't just let that go to waste

Guest Stogey24

I hope that's not all, like Weber or Marc Andre Bergeron

I had a feeling Bergeron's name was going to come up.

It needs to be muscle, not just weight.