Breezer Resigns; Lets the Team Down Again

Yeah, it's a bit much. There's a big difference in opinion on Breezer among fans like me in their late twenties versus fans who saw him in his prime.

Well I saw him in his prime and he was a very good offensive defence man. The reason he was hated in Montreal was the contract he signed at the time. He just could not live up to the expectations of that contract. He had a good agent what can you say?

I didn't know or care about contract, it was 100% his defensive play that pissed me off. If cant defend should be a forward, or flipping burgers at McDonalds.

Well I saw him in his prime and he was a very good offensive defence man. The reason he was hated in Montreal was the contract he signed at the time. He just could not live up to the expectations of that contract. He had a good agent what can you say?

He was also demonized for having a terrible +/- in ONE year when he was forced to play on the wrong side all season. That year was completely aberrant in terms of his career, but ignorant fans don't care about niceties like, say, facts. And he was demonized for not being a #1 defenceman and yet being required to be the #1 defenceman on a terrible team. So the baying "fans" had their scapegoat and proceeded to make his life a living hell night after night, to the point where he developed a heart condition. Disgusting.

• Upvote 1

He was also demonized for having a terrible +/- in ONE year when he was forced to play on the wrong side all season. That year was completely aberrant in terms of his career, but ignorant fans don't care about niceties like, say, facts. And he was demonized for not being a #1 defenceman and yet being required to be the #1 defenceman on a terrible team. So the baying "fans" had their scapegoat and proceeded to make his life a living hell night after night, to the point where he developed a heart condition. Disgusting.

I've read that Jack Todd was leading the charge in the press.

I hope you have this paragraph saved somewhere; I've lost track of how many times you've had to post it. I whole-heartedly agree. Sure he was never the #1 defenceman we wantd/needed, but I was always impressed with the way Brisebois acted, especially through some pretty serious depression.

I didn't know or care about contract, it was 100% his defensive play that pissed me off. If cant defend should be a forward, or flipping burgers at McDonalds.

Well don't let the facts stand in your way. Just hate away.

• 3 weeks later...

He resigned to spend more time with his family (my guess is that he'll resurface at TVA before long as well). If something big is going to happen, I'm confident in guessing that this news will have nothing to do with it.

Well, that didn't take long. He officially re-joined TVA this morning.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you have this paragraph saved somewhere; I've lost track of how many times you've had to post it. I whole-heartedly agree. Sure he was never the #1 defenceman we wantd/needed, but I was always impressed with the way Brisebois acted, especially through some pretty serious depression.

A great man. A great Canadien.